Not enough GOALS in Blitz...

spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I wish they would have less goals that require you to buy songs in order to participate. Too many of them require either songs that I don't own, or that I don't want to buy. I own over 400 songs.. Please let me use some of those!

Also, I keep getting Score Wars challenges for friends that don't even own the full game. Why would it keep setting this up? I get nothing for people that don't play. Kind of a bummer to an otherwise great game.

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    well if they only made goals with the blitz soundtrack then you would only have about 6 goals >_>
  • DaLynxEffectDaLynxEffect Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4910118 said:
    well if they only made goals with the blitz soundtrack then you would only have about 6 goals >_>

Not sure I agree with that.

There are loads of things they could do with the blitz soundtrack that I would enjoy doing.

I've only discovered the goals recently but they seem to be pretty much all very basic, "grindy" and aimed at getting people to buy more songs, which is ok but a little more imagination would not go amiss.

After about 3 seconds thought how about:

Achieve (a very difficult) Score X using these (or none) power ups.
    Hit 100% of notes challenges.

etc etc etc
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Rb2 had no trouble coming up with a lot of (if a little repetitive) goals with a limited soundtrack. And I think they could make some simpler goals by pairing Blitz songs with just one DLC song. Although it's a great opportunity for them to make DLC centric goals while the legacy DLC sale is happening, so I don't really mind missing out on some goals because of missing songs.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    It's not about the variety of goals, it's about the variety of songs. If you've got 6 different goals for the same song, that's six times you have to play that song. And that was one of the biggest complaints about RB2 and to a lesser extent RB3's goal system.

And for people complaining about goals that require DLC, how about those of us who have bought DLC that would now NOT have goals for it and thus have nothing to do with the songs we've bought once we've played them.

I don't see a problem with the current system. You'd run out things to do in a hurry without DLC based goals.
    edited October 2012
    T-Hybrid;4910206 said:
    It's not about the variety of goals, it's about the variety of songs. If you've got 6 different goals for the same song, that's six times you have to play that song. And that was one of the biggest complaints about RB2 and to a lesser extent RB3's goal system.

And for people complaining about goals that require DLC, how about those of us who have bought DLC that would now NOT have goals for it and thus have nothing to do with the songs we've bought once we've played them.

I don't see a problem with the current system. You'd run out things to do in a hurry without DLC based goals.

Why can't we have both DLC AND Soundtrack goals? I've got over 700 songs, so I'm for the DLC goals, but I would like more skill-based goals.

Most tracks can be easily gold-starred using jackpot/flames. I personally would like some goals that force me to play differently for a change.
    edited October 2012
    you mean like the different powerup goals we already CURRENTLY have?
    like the free dlc code goal which had only blitz songs?
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4910208 said:
    you mean like the different powerup goals we already CURRENTLY have?
    like the free dlc code goal which had only blitz songs?

Yes, like those ones that are designed for the Blitz Soundtrack songs that the OP was asking for.

And the Free DLC code goal for US players only?
    edited October 2012
    An example of a poorly thought out challenge:

DRUM CHALLENGE

I bet some of you hardcore drummers can five star these songs in RB3, but can you do it in Rock Band Blitz??? Dream Theater - Constant Motion, Megadeth - Take No Prisoners, Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug, Sonic Youth - Kool Thing, The Who - Young

This has nothing to do with drumming, its just a "5 star these songs" Goal.
    edited October 2012
    DaLynxEffect;4910209 said:
    Yes, like those ones that are designed for the Blitz Soundtrack songs that the OP was asking for.

And the Free DLC code goal for US players only?

for people with a US account only on PS3.
    all regions on xbox.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    DaLynxEffect;4910210 said:
    An example of a poorly thought out challenge:

DRUM CHALLENGE

I bet some of you hardcore drummers can five star these songs in RB3, but can you do it in Rock Band Blitz??? Dream Theater - Constant Motion, Megadeth - Take No Prisoners, Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug, Sonic Youth - Kool Thing, The Who - Young

This has nothing to do with drumming, its just a "5 star these songs" Goal.

If you ignore the drums on these tracks, you won't get gold stars. Playing drums on Blitz is not the same as playing drums in RB3, obviously, but I see what they are getting at.

And yes, the whole point of the goals is to reward people who have a lot of DLC, but also those who are willing to start buying even more it now. It's exactly how the goals worked in RB2 and why there should have been many more of them in RB3 - it works.

And yet, my coin stack continues to grow even as I ignore lots of goals that would require me to buy songs that I don't want. Only the truly OCD aim to complete EVERY goal. Yes, I'm sure some of you here are doing just that.
    edited October 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4910229 said:
    If you ignore the drums on these tracks, you won't get gold stars.
    Agreed - but they are only asking for 5 stars, not Gold.

And as getting 5 stars is not in any way a challenge on 99% of songs its just another "play these songs as you normally would" goal.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I agree that there is a lack of goals..but not only that. Where are the challenging goals that actually take effort in completing? Other than some of the powerup goals that can be a little tricky for the average player the vast majority of goals are nothing but

"Play X amount of songs by X artist or X genre or X year". What kind of goal is that? Those goals require 0 skill at all to achieve and they are just a boring waste of time to do. A couple of easy goals are fine but not when the vast majority is goals like this. Most of these goals require you to have the DLC in order to do it and that's it. These goals are based on your time and money and not on skill. This is akin to trophies/achievements for progressing through the story or completing the tutorial. Also the Rock Band Throwaway Goals are a joke and just based on time. 4* every song? If the goal was GS all RB2 songs and worth 100k then that would be worth doing.

And don't be afraid of making goals that are too difficult for most people to complete. That's the point of an achievement. Goals like GS Child in Time, or get at least 1,250,000 on TTFaF would be extremely difficult for most people to get, but they would be satisfying as hell to get them. GH3 and the 750k achievement. So why not have goals on that caliber of difficulty? Not all goals need to be beatable for most players. Just like how most goals are not obtainable because of not having all the DLC for said specific goal.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Wasn't "too many goals using the Rock Band 3 soundtrack" a major complaint of the goal system for Rock Band 3?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    zage1337;4910262 said:
    And don't be afraid of making goals that are too difficult for most people to complete. That's the point of an achievement.

This is where I disagree the most especially with the new achievement initiative with Xbox Live Rewards. Get 25,000G or more and you get a birthday gift and 2% rebate on all marketplace purchases. This is where it becomes very important for there to be very easy achievements (e.g. Band Hero's 585G earnt for finding all the "secret notes").
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4910282 said:
    Wasn't "too many goals using the Rock Band 3 soundtrack" a major complaint of the goal system for Rock Band 3?

Sounds like the RB forums. Remember:

HMX: /releases Country Pack RB3 versions

Forums: Such a gyp! They're not compatible with the disc exports! You suck HMX!!

HMX: /releases Green Day exactly as they were on disc export

Forums: Such a gyp! You could have at least made them RB3 versions! You suck HMX!!
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4910282 said:
    More precisely, one of my complaints ;)

The powerup goals are a step in the right direction.
    zage1337;4910262 said:
    And don't be afraid of making goals that are too difficult for most people to complete. That's the point of an achievement. Goals like GS Child in Time, or get at least 1,250,000 on TTFaF would be extremely difficult for most people to get, but they would be satisfying as hell to get them. GH3 and the 750k achievement. So why not have goals on that caliber of difficulty? Not all goals need to be beatable for most players. Just like how most goals are not obtainable because of not having all the DLC for said specific goal.
    The basic 1000/1000 achievements should be reasonable, but not a pushover, for the reason grumblevolcano said. The majority of ball-buster goals should be "extra" goals, example: RB3 "Obsessive Compulsive".

I tried the "Message in a Bottle Rocket" goal and came a few thousand points short (stupid solo with spaces). I'd rather not replay the song a lot (it would earn me some toxic Generic Rock cred), so I just bailed out of the goal. The nice thing is that there is no pressure - you can walk out anytime. RB3's goal system locked clothes that were commonly used, which was a form of pressure, and that was not cool.

I'm willing to bet "Is This Just Fantasy" has caused the loss of friends or a pathological hatred of the song among more than one player, since it is not only a goal but an achievement and it has a microphone locked behind it.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    Part of the goal of goals is to get folks to buy DLC. It's working as designed.

But there are still plenty of catch all goals. Genre goals shouldn't be too hard if you have most of the exports, and the artist goals offer variety and reward folks who love that artist.

But you've got nearly 4000 songs to choose from, or less than 3000 if you only work with what's on the PS3 (which they have so far). Scavenger hunts would get pretty boring if they were all Blitz songs. And many of the power-up goals require a single song purchase. It's not every goal is the Grohl Goal.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4910399 said:
    I'm willing to bet "Is This Just Fantasy" has caused the loss of friends or a pathological hatred of the song among more than one player, since it is not only a goal but an achievement and it has a microphone locked behind it.

I must have found a glitch in the system then. I haven't 5 starred all songs on drums/pro drums (never will either because of Llama) but once when I was looking through the drum kits I saw the gold one, exited the character creator and it replaced me drum kit with the one I mentioned. Haven't tried with other instruments but it doesn't work with clothing.
  • spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I like the ideas on some of the goals, but I'm not about to buy a song that I hate in order to complete it!

I would be happy with at least a few of the basic goals such as playing songs from a particular decade or style of music. As long as I'm earning more coins than if I hadn't started a goal I'm pretty happy with it.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a goal like " The Grohl Goal", but maybe not as extreme.. give us an easy/hard choice or something.

I do like the power-up specific song goals, even though they tend to be a bit tough, but let's see them for songs in Rock Band 2, Lego RB, Blitz and not just the DLC. A lot of of paid for the importing fees and have these in our collection.

And please, for the love of god, don't ask me to buy a Kelly Clarkson song to complete a goal! :P
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Are you...maybe not aware that you can team up with others to complete most goals?
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4910399 said:

actually, there's a vid on youtube for that which does the other 2 parts for you. just put microphones at both stereo speakers, play it on medium and do the solo part yourself!
    theres even a vid for the blue line as well, but youll need 2 pc's to do it for all 3 at once
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2012
    spoonmanx;4910513 said:
    And please, for the love of god, don't ask me to buy a Kelly Clarkson song to complete a goal! :P
    I seriously bought a SpongeBob song to complete a goal in my quest to become a Completionist in RB3.

At least the Kelly Clarkson song is on-disc...erm, on-the-song-pack-associated-with-the-game.
    jibjqrkl;4910525 said:
    actually, there's a vid on youtube for that which does the other 2 parts for you. just put microphones at both stereo speakers, play it on medium and do the solo part yourself!
    theres even a vid for the blue line as well, but youll need 2 pc's to do it for all 3 at once
    I've got nice headphones, actually, so it should be easier. I'm going to look for the audio from that video. Hoping the YouTube goons don't take it down.