Are PS3 users likely to ever see the full RBN 1.0 song list or is it too late?

OllieRaidenOllieRaiden Unsigned
edited October 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey. So, as the title implies, I'm a PS3 owner and it kinda sucks that we missed out on a huge chunk of RBN titles (specifically for me, at least, is 'Big Bad World One' by Jonathan Coulton, a personal favourite). At this stage is it pretty much impossible that all the old RBN songs will be released on PS3?
If I'd have known that we'd get significantly less content as PS3 owners I may've reconsidered buying the series on PS3. Even though I really hate the Xbox Marketplace's buying system.

Comments

• ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Here's a quote from the PS3 request thread
    HMXLachesis;4907337 said:
    I'm sorry to tell you, but this won't be possible unless the author releases it in a RB3-compatible version. The old RBN 1 format songs cannot be converted to PS3 any more because they depended upon a different pipeline. We couldn't convert songs from both RBN 1 and RBN 2 (RB3 era) simultaneously, so we switched entirely over to releasing RBN 2.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    In short, no. They could feasibly switch back to the RBN1 pipeline but it would take the same protracted downtime that it did when they switched over to RBN2 (about 2-3 months if I remember correctly) and then the same downtime again when they wanted to switch back to RBN2. There isn't really anything to justify that kind of disruption.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2012
    OllieRaiden;4911001 said:
    Hey. So, as the title implies, I'm a PS3 owner and it kinda sucks that we missed out on a huge chunk of RBN titles (specifically for me, at least, is 'Big Bad World One' by Jonathan Coulton, a personal favourite). At this stage is it pretty much impossible that all the old RBN songs will be released on PS3?

Pretty much impossible, as Oscarvarium indicated.
    OllieRaiden;4911001 said:
    If I'd have known that we'd get significantly less content as PS3 owners I may've reconsidered buying the series on PS3. Even though I really hate the Xbox Marketplace's buying system.

While I sympathize with your frustration, I must note that the RBN was created in partnership with Microsoft. Without Microsoft, there would be no RBN, because only Microsoft could provide us with the support and infrastructure necessary for the RBN to exist at all.

While 5 songs a week may sometimes seem like a low number, it is actually rather remarkable that it's even contractually possible for us to release RBN songs to the PS3.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Sadly, the PS3 will never get a song about sporks.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    It's a good thing you're not on Wii. They stopped getting RBN altogether. :P