Give It Away - What's a good powerup setup?

KlodrikKlodrik Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I'm not a fan of RHCP so playing this song over and over to get the gold stars is doing my head in.
So.. Any tips? :)

Comments

• KlodrikKlodrik Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Aah.. FINALLY! Got it with Bottle Rocket, Blast Notes and Vocals.

Edit: But now my problem is Death On Two Legs... Feel free to share tips on that one.
  • Danger BoyDanger Boy Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    If you can pull it off, Jackpot/Flame/Any Track will usually get you a gold star but requires the most skill. If you are still new I would suggest Road Rage/Blast. Don't worry about breaking Blitz, just try to get as much meter and hit as many Blast notes as possible. Good luck!
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Just to have it mentioned, Jackpot/Blast/Super Vox is also a great combo for Give It Away. Just be sure to max out everything and then use the jackpot during the choruses for massive points. I even missed during one of them and still snagged the GS with the wasted powerup.

As for Death on Two Legs... yeah I also wanna know how to beat that one lol.
    edited October 2012
    Hey, just revisited this one. Here is my score breakdown if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/FkAzN.jpg

This was good for the #17 score on XBL. Specific tips if you use JP/Flame would be to not activate Jackpot till the second section. You'll likely get a flame chain started in the first but it will disappear quickly since it will eventually jump to the vocal track. Another tip would be to stay on guitar (or whatever track powerup you use) right after the solo towards the end unless its to pick up energy or flame notes (increasing multipliers in the last section or two is a waste compared to what you would get from the track powerup). Hope this helps.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Danger Boy;4911750 said:
    Hey, just revisited this one. Here is my score breakdown if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/FkAzN.jpg

This was good for the #17 score on XBL. Specific tips if you use JP/Flame would be to not activate Jackpot till the second section. You'll likely get a flame chain started in the first but it will disappear quickly since it will eventually jump to the vocal track. Another tip would be to stay on guitar (or whatever track powerup you use) right after the solo towards the end unless its to pick up energy or flame notes (increasing multipliers in the last section or two is a waste compared to what you would get from the track powerup). Hope this helps.
    I actually prefer Super Vocals on Death on Two Legs because a Flame Note on the vocals lane is worth more than a flame note on the guitar lane. I got over 420k on the song with Jack/Flame/SuperVox

Actually you SHOULD hit the 1st flame note you see, because when the vocals comes in, you'd have built a chain of flame notes and if you are quick at lane shifting you can hit a ton of them.
    edited October 2012
    zage1337;4911783 said:
    I actually prefer Super Vocals on Death on Two Legs because a Flame Note on the vocals lane is worth more than a flame note on the guitar lane. I got over 420k on the song with Jack/Flame/SuperVox

Actually you SHOULD hit the 1st flame note you see, because when the vocals comes in, you'd have built a chain of flame notes and if you are quick at lane shifting you can hit a ton of them.
    I can see vocals working well. And yeah I might not have made that clear..I was trying to say start the flame notes in the first section but wait till all tracks are going (2nd section) to use the Jackpot. But that's probably good advice for just about any song when using that combo.
  • jmhardjmhard Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Danger Boy;4911716 said:
    If you can pull it off, Jackpot/Flame/Any Track will usually get you a gold star but requires the most skill. If you are still new I would suggest Road Rage/Blast. Don't worry about breaking Blitz, just try to get as much meter and hit as many Blast notes as possible. Good luck!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that Road Rage/Blast suggestion. I am mediocre at best at this game, but now my 4 stars are becoming 5 stars and gold stars. Thanks so much for posting that.