If you could pick ONE track for a PRO Guitar/Bass upgrade from Rock Band Blitz?

sourdaddyjonessourdaddyjones Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
... What would it be?

Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away
Barenaked Ladies - One Week
Blink-182 - Always
Collective Soul - Shine
Elton John - I'm Still Standing
Fall Out Boy - A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'
Foo Fighters - These Days
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
fun. - We Are Young
Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Kool & the Gang - Jungle Boogie
Living Colour - Cult of Personality
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
My Chemical Romance - Sing
P!nk - Raise Your Glass
Queen - Death on Two Legs
Quiet Riot - Mental Health (Bang Your Head)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Shinedown - Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
Soundgarden - Spoonman
Tears For Fears - Shout
The All-American Rejects - Kids in the Street

Thought I'd do a bit of market research for Harmonix. I don't work for them, I'm just a fan. I also don't know if the question has been asked before, so if it has, my apologies. It would be a tough choice for me, but as of right now my "earworm" has been Foster The People's Pumped Up Kicks, so that is what I'd go for as my personal choice. I know it's a pretty simple song (at least Guitar wise) but I find it catchy and infectious. What would you pick? Please choose only ONE track. Thanks!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Bang Your Head is definitely my pro upgrade of choice.
  • sourdaddyjonessourdaddyjones Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Both Cult of Personality and Mental Health (Bang Your Head) would probably had been the next two after Pumped Up Kicks for me. Great choices, keep em' coming folks!
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Cult of Personality by FAR
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Definitely Cult Of Personality.

Though as a distant second, I think Death On Two Legs would be fun to learn.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    My top two would be Shine and Once Bitten Twice Shy.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    "The Wicker Man" would be my choice for pro upgrade but the way things are looking, I'm actually thinking the final result will be no pro upgrades.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I definitely agree with the popular vote on Cult of Personality. Other good choices IMO would be Spoonman, The Wicker Man, and for an easier chordier one I actually wouldn't mind So Far Away. Still kind of surprised at how much I like that song since I generally don't care for the band.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Spoonman, without a doubt.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'd choose Once Bitten Twice Shy, I just love that guitar chart, I reckon it'd be fun on Pro.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'm not a confident Pro-guitar player at all; I prefer playing chord heavy songs and slower ones too, so my choices would definitely be these days and pumped up kicks
  • sourdaddyjonessourdaddyjones Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    KEWB;4912209 said:
    I definitely agree with the popular vote on Cult of Personality. Other good choices IMO would be Spoonman, The Wicker Man, and for an easier chordier one I actually wouldn't mind So Far Away. Still kind of surprised at how much I like that song since I generally don't care for the band.
    I feel the same way about "So Far Away", not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold really, but that song is beautiful and haunting at the same time. Not that they are similar musically but Motorhead's "1916" evokes the same kind of haunting sadness in my brain. I know, I'm weird.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'm torn between "Shine" and "Cult of Personality" with "Shine" having a slight edge.

If they create pro g/b upgrades for any of the Blitz songs it will be interesting to see how they sell them. As songs with no entry in the store I can't see how they'll go on offer. Perhaps they could offer some subset of songs as singles purchasable by people who haven't bought Blitz and sell the upgrades there.
  • lemonsquaredlemonsquared Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    well if you go the song page it lists

cult of personality
    jungle boogie
    give it away
    wicker man
    Jessie's girl

as legacy dlc. I don't think you can purchase them yet and I don't know where you would go to purchase them anyway
    edited October 2012
    lemonsquared;4913794 said:
    well if you go the song page it lists

cult of personality
    jungle boogie
    give it away
    wicker man
    Jessie's girl

as legacy dlc. I don't think you can purchase them yet and I don't know where you would go to purchase them anyway
    All of the Blitz songs are listed as legacy DLC (w/keys and harmonies :D); the "DLC" in their Song Finder listings should be yellow to denote that they're only playable in RB3 and they're not. The songs in your short list, which should include "Spoonman", are all marked as having pro guitar and bass charts and a red "DLC", indicating that they are legacy songs with DLC upgrades. All of that, of course, could just be mistakes in the list since the white "DLC" indicator on the rest of the songs are definitely mistakes.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Before we consider this list possibly being true, lets first see whether any GDRB songs get pro upgrades as the whole export/identical store DLC situation is currently unknown.
    edited October 2012
    HMX has said they can upgrade Green Day and Blitz songs. This is known information.
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4914864 said:
    Before we consider this list possibly being true, lets first see whether any GDRB songs get pro upgrades as the whole export/identical store DLC situation is currently unknown.
    All of those songs were out there when RB3 launched. Two years later and they haven't become legacy DLC w/pro g/b upgrades. I'm thinking that it ain't gonna happen.

Three examples that we do have are the Bon Jovi songs, "Wanted Dead or Alive", "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "Livin' on a Prayer", on-disc in RB1, LEGO and RB2 and not available as separate DLC until they released RB3 versions of each with available pro g/b upgrades. There was great controversy over this move as some players cried foul, feeling that they should get these upgraded versions for free or for at least some significant discount. If they add some Blitz songs to the Music Store for separate purchase with available pro g/b upgrades one assumes that the upgrades will be usable with the Blitz song pack so you wouldn't have to buy the songs again. AFAIK, for all RB3-only DLC packs which contain a song or songs with pro g/b upgrades, those upgrades can be purchased and used whether you bought the song(s) in the pack or ala carte. (Now and then there's a pack which includes the pro strings charts).
    edited October 2012
    They've already said they can upgrade Blitz songs as-are. HMXMister_Game said this on one of the livestreams.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4914955 said:
    They've already said they can upgrade Blitz songs as-are. HMXMister_Game said this on one of the livestreams.
    Again, it'll be interesting to see how they do it. They've never made upgrades for not-in-store-pack-only songs available before. I'll be shocked if they can add entries for such to the music store without the song being offered with it.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    It's not going to be reality shattering. They worked in the way to conditionally disable the option for buying a song's pro upgrade (if you didn't buy the base chart), so this is just going to be disabling the option to buy the base chart instead while allowing the pro upgrade if the Blitz soundtrack is present.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    Forum ate my post, but my rankings:
    1) Metal Health (Bang Your Head)
    2) Spoonman
    3) Shine

Cult of Personality is cool, but I don't think it's as well suited for Pro as these 3.
    raynebc;4915587 said:
    It's not going to be reality shattering. They worked in the way to conditionally disable the option for buying a song's pro upgrade (if you didn't buy the base chart), so this is just going to be disabling the option to buy the base chart instead while allowing the pro upgrade if the Blitz soundtrack is present.
    The difference is one functionality is already in the store, the other would likely require a patch to the store, which is less likely to happen. In programing, it's rarely as simple as throwing a switch like what you're talking.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Thought I already posted, but my #1 choice (even though I'm not a pro player) would be Bang Your Head
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    Spoonman is my unbiased answer.

Otherwise, One Week.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4915657 said:
    In programing, it's rarely as simple as throwing a switch like what you're talking.

You're operating under the assumption that the store currently has no way to do it. I program all the time, so I can understand that the logic of disabling one menu item under a specific circumstance is quite simple. How easy it is to implement it depends on how they'd written the code.
    edited October 2012
    raynebc;4915845 said:
    You're operating under the assumption that the store currently has no way to do it. I program all the time, so I can understand that the logic of disabling one menu item under a specific circumstance is quite simple. How easy it is to implement it depends on how they'd written the code.
    I'm only operating under that assumption from past evidence (IE, no export upgrades).
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4916231 said:
    I'm only operating under that assumption from past evidence (IE, no export upgrades).
    Except, of course, the Bon Jovi songs. Releasing them as separately purchasable DLC is a pretty good method, if licensing allows. Unlike the Bon Jovi songs, the versions of the songs that people already have are RB3 versions and there won't be whining from those who think that they should get added keys and harmony charts for their legacy version for free. HMX could even make a little more profit from sales of the songs to those strange people who declined to buy Blitz :). (That last would be a reason for delaying release of such ala carte song offerings, waiting until they're pretty certain that no more people will break down and buy Blitz just for a few must-have tunes).

If they can create a non-purchasable pack that might be a good way go. If you own a pack, when you enter one of the component songs' dialog the only options are "Preview", "View Pack" and "Exit"; if the song has an available pro g/b upgrade, there's an additional "Purchase Pro Guitar Upgrade" or "Download Pro Guitar Upgrade Again" option. It's exactly what you'd want except that you don't want the entries to have "Purchase" or "Download Again" (song) options for people who don't have them in their libraries.
    edited October 2012
    mikeyts;4916501 said:
    Except, of course, the Bon Jovi songs.
    RB3 versions are not exports, they're no different than normal RB3 DLC.

as for the fake pack in the store, with a little work they could possibly link it to a purchase of blitz the game, though that could be confusing for folks who wouldn't understand the game file not being the song file.

Also remember that every song that was a "bonus in the pack only" song had to have Protar packaged in it (2112 and the 2 Ozzy songs)
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Death on Two Legs.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4916512 said:
    as for the fake pack in the store, with a little work they could possibly link it to a purchase of blitz the game, though that could be confusing for folks who wouldn't understand the game file not being the song file.
    That was my guess as to how it might work. I care not about the details, just that it can be done. And, word is, it can be done. Hooray!

With Pro Guitar / Pro Bass upgrades being offered for 2 of the Green Day DLC songs, I'm going to put the odds of this happening at "something greater than 0%" now.

I'd most like:
    Shine
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy
    Jessie's Girl
    Metal Health (Bang Your Head)

But, honestly, I would buy any and all Pro upgrades offered for the Blitz songs.