Favorite/Least Favorite Blitz Charts

zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Blitz Setlist:

Favorites: The Wicker Man (so much fun to play, fun drum part and guitar solo, and a good song in general)
Diamond Eyes(Boom Lay-Boom Lay): Another great chart on all sections.

Least Favorite: Raise Your Glass, A Little Less Sixteen Candles: Bad songs, really forgettable charts. Glad they are short.
Jungle Boogie: Not really fun to play

RB2:
Favorites: Panic Attack/Painkiller: Tons of fun to play, dense charts throughout the song, fun solos..
Least Favorite: dunno probably E-pro or So Watcha Want

DLC:
Favorites: Through the Fire and Flames
Least Favorite:
Light My Fire:Why are the solos charted in? It makes half the song extremely boring to play.
Do You Feel Like We Do: A SINGLE BASS NOTE AND A SINGLE DRUM NOTE EVERY 5 SECONDS...when I could play the guitar solo, but I can't cause i have to level everything up. Terrible chart to play on Blitz.

What are your favorites?

Comments

• Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Seconded Light My Fire and Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) for least favs. They should have really disabled the solos for the former and the latter is ruined by the quieter part.

Of all the Blitz material, Sing is the absolute worst imo to play. Huge pain in the ass. I really love I'm Still Standing, though.

As for others, Blue Monday, Nur Ein Wort, The Thrill is Gone, and Paradise by the Dashboard Light are my top favorites. Having a hard time thinking of my least favorites but Godzilla is among them. Too much of the song is covered up by the guitar then drum then other guitar solo. Oh, and Terrible Lie and Sanctified. The former has so few notes on bass and guitar in each checkpoint, requiring you to switch to them and back to other instruments in such a tricky manner, unless you get lucky with certain powerups. The latter is one of those times where I wish drums and keyboards were not on the opposite ends.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    For the blitz set list, Sing is definitely my least favourite. It's just a terrible song Imo :/ No offence to people who like it. My favourite to play is I'm still standing. The piano and vocal tracks make up for the others easily. Pumped up kicks, these days are a couple more.

As for DLC, I really like playing hysteria and under cover of darkness. I can't think of a bad song off the top of my head....
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4915392 said:
    As for DLC, I really like playing hysteria and under cover of darkness. I can't think of a bad song off the top of my head....

Do. You. Feel. Like. We. Do.
    It's such an awesome song, but it plays HORRIBLY on Blitz. None of the amazing solos are charted as solos, so most of the time Bob Mayo is wailing on the keys you're hitting one note per measure on drums. They seriously need to tweak the Blitzification algorithm specifically for how badly this song plays
  • dobaradobara Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Of all the Blitz material, Sing is the absolute worst imo to play. Huge pain in the ass. I really love I'm Still Standing, though.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    Do You Feel Like We Do is easily the worst

Panic by Sublime w/Rome is a ton of fun because it's so short and hectic. Same goes with The Kids Aren't Alright. Most pop rock songs are a blast as well
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    What A Horrible Night to Have a Curse takes the cake for me for most fun DLC song, really fast yet not uber hard and the solo is fun.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Give It Away is pretty fun as it is one of the few songs where I feel I really manage to master the Jackpot power up. I also found Kids in The Street to be a fun challenge even if I prefer their older material musically

Sing is by far the worst song "on disc" IMO, so few notes and so hard to get that GS (I wish they had licensed Dead! or Teenagers instead). Also half the "on disc" songs where pretty forgettable.

Some DLC favorites would be Death Quota for Purification, We Shimer As You Shimer etc etc, the Rodrigo Y Gabriella tracks and any other song with a huge amount of notes with some breaks here and there
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Probably the best time I've had playing a song would be Buster Voodoo or Hysteria. Worst I've played is Lenny. Honestly, most of the Stevie Ray Vaughn songs would be terrible because of the drums.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I don't know why nobody has mentioned "You Should Be Dancing" yet. It has solos for 3 different instruments in it and is fun on every instrument at any given point in the song. Easily one of my new favorites. I can't think of any songs I've played I haven't really liked yet. But then again I'm using my best judgement to actively avoid those right now anyway. Off the top of my head though, any song that has a solo charted in RB3 but not in Blitz I've disliked a bit more than the other songs.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    Dunno about favourite, but save for gimmicky stuff like Song Of The Century, least favourite chart would probably be Under The Bridge. So slow, with no activity.
    edited November 2012
    horsepastriesa;4917265 said:
    Do. You. Feel. Like. We. Do.
    It's such an awesome song, but it plays HORRIBLY on Blitz. None of the amazing solos are charted as solos, so most of the time Bob Mayo is wailing on the keys you're hitting one note per measure on drums. They seriously need to tweak the Blitzification algorithm specifically for how badly this song plays
    Not going to lie, I still haven't played it yet, and after this clarification, it'll remain unplayed. I did want to at one point, but it being almost 14 minutes long, I refused. I'm glad I did.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4920740 said:
    Not going to lie, I still haven't played it yet, and after this clarification, it'll remain unplayed. I did want to at one point, but it being almost 14 minutes long, I refused. I'm glad I did.

I guess it's worth it for the coins. It's hard to GS (I still haven't GS'd it and I'm not gonna bother), but you can 5 star it easy if you have the patience.
    edited November 2012
    horsepastriesa;4920885 said:
    I guess it's worth it for the coins. It's hard to GS (I still haven't GS'd it and I'm not gonna bother), but you can 5 star it easy if you have the patience.
    I'm sure it is, but i'm at 123,000 coins, so I really don't need anymore :P I think I'll pass and just keep playing it in RB3
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Normally I'm fine with ignoring solo markers if the solo takes up too much of the song, but Do You Feel Like We Do is a rare song that plays much worse because of that.

I really like charts with solos that switch between instruments, like how Spoonman has a guitar solo that leads to a drum solo that leads to a bass solo. Make Me Smile is another good one for that.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4921376 said:
    I really like charts with solos that switch between instruments, like how Spoonman has a guitar solo that leads to a drum solo that leads to a bass solo. Make Me Smile is another good one for that.
    That's remind me of a chart I didn't like "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynyrd Skynyrd cause it had two solo's at the same time on keys and guitar I think it was. Are there any other songs in the game like this I should avoid?
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    madcapmatt;4921405 said:
    That's remind me of a chart I didn't like "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynyrd Skynyrd cause it had two solo's at the same time on keys and guitar I think it was. Are there any other songs in the game like this I should avoid?

Deep Purple - Child In Time is another with keys/guitar solos
    edited November 2012
    Cool for cats by squeeze has a drum solo that leads into a guitar solo. And it's a lot of fun to play on bass in blitz too :)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4921376 said:
    Normally I'm fine with ignoring solo markers if the solo takes up too much of the song, but Do You Feel Like We Do is a rare song that plays much worse because of that.

Mhm! CRAZYNUTSACTIVITIYONGUITAR oh look 1 note every 20 seconds on bass or drums.