TB:RB export possible?

obladerekobladerek Opening Act
edited November 2012 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I'm curious what are the logistical issues aside from the licensing of course to making this happen. The types of things I'm referring are code differences such as animation cues and other coding. If the challenges were surmountable it would not only provide an instant windfall in the export fee but I imagine the sales of TB:RB DLC would be revitalized as well and I don't think anyone would complain to have new Beatles songs enter the Rock Band catalog as well.

Comments

• dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    I'm sure it is technically possible. There is a code on the back of the booklet so I assume they had intentions of eventually doing it but of course there are legal issues.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I mean the animations for GD:RB didn't preclude its export. So of course it's technologically possible. It's just never, ever, ever, ever going to happen.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4915660 said:
    Yeah, I mean the animations for GD:RB didn't preclude its export. So of course it's technologically possible. It's just never, ever, ever, ever going to happen.

Unfortunately: this.

:(
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012

So you're saying there's a chance?
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4915857 said:

There is as much of a chance of us getting a Beatles export as there is a chance of Taylor Swift getting back together with her ex-boyfriend.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    TheStuddz;4915864 said:
    There is as much of a chance of us getting a Beatles export as there is a chance of Taylor Swift getting back together with her ex-boyfriend.
    BachiG;4915857 said:

That's great news!
    edited October 2012
  • obladerekobladerek Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4915857 said:

Well played on the Dumb and Dumber reference. It wasn't lost on everyone here...just the young ones I guess. I appreciate all the replies. It's not anything I've thought about for a while and I had forgotten about the code on the manual. The Green Day precursor also is encouraging in a way. 2012 has been pretty pathetic for me in terms of DLC which is what got me to daydreaming about this notion again. Thank you all for your input and if anyone else has more to contribute please share your insights.
    edited October 2012
    Daydream all you like. It will never ever (x infinity) ever happen.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012

GD was made with an export happening in mind, so they charted the animations for it while they did the charts, and I believe they simply baked in the animations for every song.

TBRB didn't do that, so they'd likely have to reanimate them for RB3.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited October 2012
    Sounds like it's a done deal then. When is it coming out?
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Why would you think this is even REMOTELY possible at this point?

It has absolutely no chance of happening solely based on the fact that Rock Band just isn't popular anymore. If Rock Band was still a huge franchise, perhaps they could be swayed to allow it to happen. But why would they even consider it at this point? I'd wager all of them are close to forgetting that this game even exists, and that more than 1 of them regret even doing it.
    edited November 2012
    I think that's a bit much.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited November 2012
    Yeah Im sure a company that loves music and working with music regret working with one of the most influential bands of all time.
    edited November 2012
    I think he meant Paul, Ringo, and George's and John's estates. Not HMX.