RBN DLC Discussion: 11/1 (Xbox 360), 11/6 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 11/1/2012

Indie Rock

Giraffes? Giraffes! – “Werewolf Grandma With Knives (Part Two: Don’t Die)” (80 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish – “There is Nothing Left (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Benighted – “Let the Blood Spill Between My Broken Teeth” (160 MSP)
God Forbid – “Don’t Tell Me What to Dream” (160 MSP)
Revocation – “Chaos of Forms (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Wretched – “Dilated Disappointment” (160 MSP)
The Minotaur Project – “77345_018 (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Melissa Otero – “Angels and Demons” (80 MSP)

Prog

Cynic – “Evolutionary Sleeper (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 11/6/2012 (North America) and 11/7/2012 (Europe)

An Endless Sporadic – “The Triangular Race Through Space” ($0.99), Prog
Devin Townsend – “N9” ($0.99), Metal
Devin Townsend – “The Greys” ($0.99), Metal
Devin Townsend – “Color Your World” ($0.99), Metal
Devin Townsend – “Planet Smasher” ($0.99), Metal

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    This thread was locked when I clicked on it a second ago...weird.

And, holy Devin Townsend! Good for the fans. I'll pick up the latest Endless Sporadic song as soon as I can.
  • edited November 2012
    How much did TAG pay to get all those Devin Townson tracks on the PS3 in one week? :p
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    holy **** devin townsed. Don't know what to say. AWESOME.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Great start to my birth-month. I can't remember a week where I have ever wanted all 5 songs. 4 Townsend songs and an AES? Awesome!!! Anymore RBN2 Townsend that still needs to port over after this week?
    edited November 2012
    nascargo19;4917646 said:
    Anymore RBN2 Townsend that still needs to port over after this week?

Nope.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4917635 said:

^ This
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4917612 said:
    This thread was locked when I clicked on it a second ago...weird.
    Sorry about that!

Every now and then, forum threads mysteriously close when I post in them. I haven't figured out what causes it yet.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4917635 said:

It was just as much a shock to us to see them porting :D
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    If I were on PS3, this would probably be my best RBN week percentage-wise.

Got "Angels and Demons" this week. Listening to it on YouTube a few times, I couldn't decide if I would get it, but hearing the preview in the music store convinced me.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    Groudon199;4917710 said:
    Got "Angels and Demons" this week. Listening to it on YouTube a few times, I couldn't decide if I would get it, but hearing the preview in the music store convinced me.

I really like this song - but, to be fair, this is a strong female vocalist paired with an interesting keys part. It's kind of made for me.
    edited November 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4917670 said:
    It was just as much a shock to us to see them porting :D

Any update on a possible RB3 Version of "ZTO" ?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4917618 said:
    How much did TAG pay to get all those Devin Townson tracks on the PS3 in one week? :p

I guess not enough, because HMX hasn't rolled back the system to RBN1 specs to get ZTO in. ;) But hot damn, that's still pretty (pleasantly) surprising.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    HMXLachesis;4917605 said:
    Yes. “Chaos of Forms (2x Bass Pedal)” is the song that pushed it over the top.

Only if you count the two pulled tracks. If you don't, Giraffes? Giraffes! gets it. And obviously that's what I'm going to go with. :P
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4917818 said:
    Any update on a possible RB3 Version of "ZTO" ?
    Same question from me. I sure hope so :)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Pretty decent Ps3 week. I love the Greys, so glad that ported finally (that's my favorite devin song)

I'll buy all this week though.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    A great week for fans of Devin Townsend, but again, more metal than anything else.

You couldn't have slipped in just one song by an Unkindness there?
    Having "Fragments" on the PS3 would make my year...Pleeeease!

I've previewed all 5 songs on YouTube, and i'm thinking... Don't people want music that's vocally, lyrically and instrumentally richer than this?

I get that it's impossible to please everyone, but when there's 4 songs from one artist, and the fifth is a rather average instrumental track, it doesn't offer up a lot of variety.

And, before I get flamed for my musical tastes, i'd like to think i'm very open minded there. I love punk (Bad Religion, Billy Talent, Green Day, etc.), country (eg. Garth Brooks), alternative (Calvin Harris, HIM, Muse, Placebo, etc.) and yes, metal too (Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Tool, etc.). I even enjoy some of the bands i've never heard of before on the RBN (like Free Spirit and Rishloo, of which i've bought every song available), so I thank Harmonix for introducing me to those and others.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2012
    For 360, I may buy the God Forbid song otherwise nothing for me but I'm really glad that those PS3 users nearly have the whole of "Ziltoid the Omniscient"!
  • edited November 2012
    Argh, a week where I want 100% of the PS3 releases... just when my credit card has become blocked because some [insert expletive here] was using it for fraudulent purposes, so I can't pick up a US PSN card online to charge my empty account. :(

Otherwise it's a nice belated b-day release, though (although the actual b-day release of Ava Inferi was awesome too). ;)
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    Der_Lex;4918097 said:
    Argh, a week where I want 100% of the PS3 releases... just when my credit card has become blocked because some [insert expletive here] was using it for fraudulent purposes, so I can't pick up a US PSN card online to charge my empty account. :(

Otherwise it's a nice belated b-day release, though (although the actual b-day release of Ava Inferi was awesome too). ;)

don't know what other payment options you have, but quite a few on this site ;)
    http://www.psncode.nl/usa-psn.php

(although probably a bit more expensive...)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    Happy belated birthday, Lex! :D
  • edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4918127 said:
    don't know what other payment options you have, but quite a few on this site ;)
    http://www.psncode.nl/usa-psn.php

(although probably a bit more expensive...)
    Just a bit, but having the option to buy with ideal and to pick up 10$ point cards is very nice! Good find, thanks!
    Cipher_Peon;4918131 said:
    Happy belated birthday, Lex! :D
    Thanks!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    Der_Lex;4918134 said:
    Just a bit, but having the option to buy with ideal and to pick up 10$ point cards is very nice! Good find, thanks!
    no problem, i've been using a site by the same company for MSP myself. and never had any troubles with it.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Graffin;4918042 said:
    A great week for fans of Devin Townsend, but again, more metal than anything else.

You couldn't have slipped in just one song by an Unkindness there?
    Having "Fragments" on the PS3 would make my year...Pleeeease!

I've previewed all 5 songs on YouTube, and i'm thinking... Don't people want music that's vocally, lyrically and instrumentally richer than this?

I get that it's impossible to please everyone, but when there's 4 songs from one artist, and the fifth is a rather average instrumental track, it doesn't offer up a lot of variety.

Ehhh... you DO realize the entire Ziltoid album is a comedy album right? It's intentionally cheesy as it's pretty much a B-Movie Scifi in musical form, and if you listened closer you would also hear that there is a lot of amazing composing and instrumentation in there too to make up for all the cheesyness and sillyness. You can say you don't like it, but it's not some shallow garage band "bash the drums as hard you can and use so much fuzz you don't hear the chords" stuff as you seem to be implying. You should go check out Devin's "Ghost" album, it's a post-rock album and might be more up your alley and it will defiantly show that Devin is not just some loud teenager with parenting issues to say it like that.

Also An Endless Sporadic have amazing instrumentalisation, what on earth are you talking about. Jazz and Metal inspired Prog on a, well, sporadic note is not considered rich instrumentalisation in your book? Might not be as catchy as An Unkindess, but it's without a doubt more complex and "richer" in the skill definition.

That it is your musical opinions that it is crap, fine, but you can really hear that these songs where put a lot of effort into and are by no means less worthy a port than An Unkindess just because they happen to have Metal inspirations on several parts (though in the core it's pretty much Prog) and you personally don't like them. Complaining about what songs get ported is not going to get the songs you really want over any faster.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Err, that's not what I meant.

It mightn't appeal to me, but I didn't say it was crap. Just average.

Each to their own!

I'm just disappointed that so much metal and instrumental stuff gets ported over, particularly in a single week.

All I ask for is a bit more variety than 4 songs from the same artist in a single week. As much as I would love all 3 of the songs by an Unkindness, it would be equally as unfair offering all 3 of them in a single week. It'd be better if the 5 songs were from different artists and genres each week so (in theory) there'd be something for everyone.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Groudon199;4917710 said:
    Got "Angels and Demons" this week.

I usually don't go for slower songs, but this was the only song I picked up this week. Good stuff.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Great week, even if it's only two artists. It's nice to have the Townsend song at half price, and this last Endless Sporadic song will make my GHWoR copy even more useless than it's now.