What's happened to the PS3 store?

nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Sony have "updated" the ps3 store and it is difficult to find songs as there seems to be no ability to alphabetically sort the songs. I rely on the PS3 store because the main rock band stores are unstable and will kick you out frequently and the blitz store will only let you purchase 1 song and then it reloads all your dlc which takes a while (I have 1024 songs). Someone please tell me there is a way to sort songs alphabetically or even by packs/albums etc?

If the store is as unusable as it is at the moment and i cant find a way to find songs easily then my days of purchasing songs will be over especially if hmx won't fix their stores. Hopefully the ps3 store is not as bad as i fear it is.

Comments

• billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Are you searching for Rockband under additional content or under new releases. You should be able to sort alphabetically through the Rock Band store
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    billybobjoe1881;4918921 said:
    Are you searching for Rockband under additional content or under new releases. You should be able to sort alphabetically through the Rock Band store

I was searching through ps3 add ons and have found out that you can search by albums/a-z etc but it seems to lump the rocksmith/guitar hero/rb dlc all in the same music filter.The new ps3 store is really a mess and it is ugly, another classic case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.Hopefully sony aren't using that store for the ps4.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Yeah the new store is pretty terrible all around. Also it doesn't seem to even let you search for certain words (for example Blackguard, a band that have several songs on PS3 now and to see if they fixed This Rounds on Me yet) and it makes it all the nastier.
  • pureebil333pureebil333 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Games -> PS3 Add-Ons -> Music Tracks -> Rock Band/Rock Band Network/Rock Band 3 & Blitz. Filters: 1.99 and under are in singles, for Rock Band 2.00 - 4.99 are packs, for both RB and RB3 5.00 to 9.00 are bigger packs and some albums and there is probably a 10.00 to 20.00 filter. You can sort a-z/z-a, high price/low price, old/new.

Or you can search Rock Band and find the page for RB/RB3 and it lists all of the Add-Ons in alphabetical order.

The new store is fine.
    edited November 2012
    pureebil333;4919071 said:
    Games -> PS3 Add-Ons -> Music Tracks -> Rock Band/Rock Band Network/Rock Band 3 & Blitz. Filters: 1.99 and under are in singles, for Rock Band 2.00 - 4.99 are packs, for both RB and RB3 5.00 to 9.00 are bigger packs and some albums and there is probably a 10.00 to 20.00 filter. You can sort a-z/z-a, high price/low price, old/new.

Or you can search Rock Band and find the page for RB/RB3 and it lists all of the Add-Ons in alphabetical order.

The new store is fine.

I go to Games -> PS3 Add-Ons -> Music Tracks and the only add filters are for price/play-type,release date and the sort filters are for name/type/release date, there doesn't seem to be a filter for rb/blitz etc.

If i sort by price it still lumps the guitar hero/rocksmith singles in with rb singles.I am using the uk store by the way and maybe the ntsc based stores have better search options.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    nuttzo31;4919093 said:
    I go to Games -> PS3 Add-Ons -> Music Tracks and the only add filters are for price/play-type,release date and the sort filters are for name/type/release date, there doesn't seem to be a filter for rb/blitz etc.

If i sort by price it still lumps the guitar hero/rocksmith singles in with rb singles.I am using the uk store by the way and maybe the ntsc based stores have better search options.

You can also do a random search for a band as well. It does seem more complicated (kind of is) than the last store, but i kind of like it now. HATED it at first.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    nuttzo31;4919068 said:
    I was searching through ps3 add ons and have found out that you can search by albums/a-z etc but it seems to lump the rocksmith/guitar hero/rb dlc all in the same music filter.The new ps3 store is really a mess and it is ugly, another classic case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.Hopefully sony aren't using that store for the ps4.

You can filter beyond the "Music" filter to get to just one game (Rock Band, Rock Band Network, and Rock Band 3 & Blitz are all listed as categories). I just bought the No Doubt Singles Collection, and it took me no time at all to find.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hodayathink;4919213 said:
    You can filter beyond the "Music" filter to get to just one game (Rock Band, Rock Band Network, and Rock Band 3 & Blitz are all listed as categories). I just bought the No Doubt Singles Collection, and it took me no time at all to find.

How? I can't get any more filters beyond Music and the price. I've yet to find a game-specific filter. Or is this a region-specific filter?

Goddamn Sony. They've broken the store so bad that I don't want to buy songs through there anymore.

Don't fix something if it isn't broken, Sony.
    edited November 2012

Are you using a us/ntsc based store?
    edited November 2012
    nuttzo31;4919220 said:
    Are you using a us/ntsc based store?

Yes. That's probably why it's different.
    Tykki-Teme;4919218 said:
    How? I can't get any more filters beyond Music and the price. I've yet to find a game-specific filter. Or is this a region-specific filter?

Goddamn Sony. They've broken the store so bad that I don't want to buy songs through there anymore.

Don't fix something if it isn't broken, Sony.

It looks like it might be US specific for now, but when I chose the "Music" section, I just scrolled down and it gave me a list of music games to filter by (which included different guitar heroes, those three rock band choices, Rocksmith, and Singstar).
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I love the new store, was able to find and download all the free RB songs. IMO much better than Harmonix's sorting system. Especially when it comes down to doing special searches. If i ever get a pro guitar tho ill be stuck in the in-game store tho. lol
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I don't know, my main complaint is the lack of proper sorting for RB DLC (which it seems US users have). I don't really buy anything else from the store anyways.

And it might just be me, but it seems that everything is hidden deeper than what it was in the previous version. In the end, I think this will be the same as with every Facebook layout change; people complain for a while and then they forget it even happened.
    edited November 2012
    Ahh SCEE can they do no wrong? :rolleyes:
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    hodayathink;4919245 said:
    Yes. That's probably why it's different.

It looks like it might be US specific for now, but when I chose the "Music" section, I just scrolled down and it gave me a list of music games to filter by (which included different guitar heroes, those three rock band choices, Rocksmith, and Singstar).
    Are you PSN+? I'm in the US, my PSN+ expired, and I can't get this working to save my life.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4919419 said:
    Are you PSN+? I'm in the US, my PSN+ expired, and I can't get this working to save my life.

Yeah, I am. I can take picture of it and post it, if you want to see what I'm talking about.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    I would suggest going through our store rather than the PSN store. To be fair, I'm a bit biased.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

That's because you searched for "No Doubt" and you got the pack. I tried to get The Who singles, and it gave me the 12-songs pack and the Superbowl Medley. I had to go song title by song title, and frankly, it's really, really annoying.
    HMXLachesis;4919773 said:
    I would suggest going through our store rather than the PSN store. To be fair, I'm a bit biased.

Yeah, I'd like to get songs from the store but there are some problems:

If I buy the songs from Blitz, somehow my entire collection have to be reloaded, so I end up by waiting at least TWO MINUTES before the store lets me go for another song;
    If I buy the songs from the PS3 Store, with packs there's no problem, but when I go for singles I can't just queue them, buy everything at once and then download the songs at once. I have to pick the song, buy It, waiting for the screen to upload, actually buying it, downloading it, waiting for the game to load (few secs, but it's damn annoying) and go for another song. I litterally spend more than 30 mins for getting 6 to 8 songs (the average number of items I get every week).
    The thing that annoy me most it's the fact that I have to check the status of the downloaded items every 4 minutes, so I can't do much else while waiting.
    edited November 2012
    TheDescent;4919792 said:
    That's because you searched for "No Doubt" and you got the pack. I tried to get The Who singles, and it gave me the 12-songs pack and the Superbowl Medley. I had to go song title by song title, and frankly, it's really, really annoying.
    No, I didn't. I went to Music, went down to the "Rock Band" filter, filtered by price ($5-$10), and scrolled down to No Doubt. Only took a couple minutes. If I had searched for No Doubt specifically, it probably would have been faster, but I was trying to get a feel for the new store by browsing around it a little.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

I actually wish the pro upgrades could be found on the PSN store so I didn't have to deal with the boot, 15 minute dlc reload that seems to happen to me all the time. Try buying 5 upgrades, when three of the upgrades take you 45 minutes to purchase.

While the PSN is not perfect, moving around the menus and clicking categories is much faster on PSN the load earlier songs or hat ever button that seems to get expodentially slower inversely proportional to the amount of a hurry that I'm in.

I love rb3, but the actual RB store I despise.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

i would like to use your store. sadly, your store doesn't seem to like me using it. at least, that's the conclusion i've come to since most of the time when i try to use your store, it kicks me out.
    edited November 2012

Your PS3 store is prone to kicking people out once you try to get past the first few sets, this has been a long standing issue ever since rock band 1. SCEE have made a mess of their new store but at least it's stable and is there any word on whether HMX are going to bother fixing the problems with the RBC server where multiple people on this forum have complained about?
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Sony ruined it.

The end.
  • regomarregomar Unsigned
    edited November 2012

The only thing worse than the hideous new PSN store is yours. I mean, I have to make a separate transaction and reload for EVERY single song? Idiotic nonsense. Add a shopping cart like any other store and you MIGHT get me to load that monstrosity again. Until then I'm stuck with PSN.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    regomar;4921814 said:
    The only thing worse than the hideous new PSN store is yours. I mean, I have to make a separate transaction and reload for EVERY single song? Idiotic nonsense. Add a shopping cart like any other store and you MIGHT get me to load that monstrosity again. Until then I'm stuck with PSN.

Going through Blitz, yeah, the set-up there isn't so great. The RB3 store works much better for that, if I'm buying more than one song at a time, which (thanks to the sale) is the normal situation for me.
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, been fooling around with the new PSN store some more. I found where I could select RB specific stuff, but the filters don't quite work (only Immagine and London Calling show up as Albums/Packs for example). Looking for specific game DLC? Good luck, even if you know what genre they call it, there's no way to say "Show me all DLC for game X"

As for the RB3 store, I've never used it unless I've needed the previews (which I try to avoid since I can't clear them once I DL them). The inability to add to a cart and needing to reload the library every time generally means I avoid it.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4921848 said:
    Yeah, been fooling around with the new PSN store some more. I found where I could select RB specific stuff, but the filters don't quite work (only Immagine and London Calling show up as Albums/Packs for example). Looking for specific game DLC? Good luck, even if you know what genre they call it, there's no way to say "Show me all DLC for game X"

As for the RB3 store, I've never used it unless I've needed the previews (which I try to avoid since I can't clear them once I DL them). The inability to add to a cart and needing to reload the library every time generally means I avoid it.
    That's because you're looking at the "Only RB3" section, and those are the only albums they've released for Rock Band 3.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited November 2012
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2012
    I haven't used the PS store in a few weeks, but when I did play RB I NEVER used the RB in game store. It's terrible in terms of allowing the user into the store. Was lucky if I could see any one of the songs without being kicked out.

I don't play anymore, but I felt the need to chime in on this since it was the experience every single time I tried. If there's ever to be another RB game, this is one of those things that needs some attention. I know the PS3 isn't friendly for programming for, but either do or don't. Do and have it work, or leave it out. No half arsed working stuff.
    edited November 2012
    hodayathink;4921942 said:
    That's because you're looking at the "Only RB3" section, and those are the only albums they've released for Rock Band 3.
    Yes, but it's the Albums/Packs section. I'm pretty sure they're released a few other Track Packs.
  • edited November 2012
    FWIW the vast majority of people buying DLC on the PS3 do so through the in game store. That said, we understand that some people prefer to use the PSN store, and we're aware that the recent changes make new content harder to find. This seems to have the most adverse affect on the titles with the most DLC (RB3, Singstar, Little Big Planet, etc) but since it's a Sony wide change there's likely little we'll be able to do to change it.

In the interest of pointing people in the right direction, here are the steps to purchase compiled by our DLC team:

• Games - PS3 Add Ons - New PS3 Add Ons - New Content from any game appears in no particular order.

• Games - PS3 Add Ons - Music Tracks (2nd from the bottom) - Rock Band 3 & Blitz - Newest Content appears in release order, but mixed in with RBN 2.0

• Search - “R-O-C-K” - navigate to “Rock Band 3 Game” - Select Add-Ons - View alphabetical list of content.

Hopefully folks are still able to find content as it comes out. We'll reach out to Sony to see if they have any further plans concerning the store, but for now the above (or the RB3 in game store) are the options available.