Gold Starring "We Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who

agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I only have 5 who songs and I finally decided to do the challenge. Unfortunately this means gold starring every single one of them. I've played it a number of times and AT BEST I manage to five star it by a hair using blast notes, jackpot, super guitar.

Anyone manage to GS it? Any tips?

Comments

• zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    It is the hardest RB1 import by far to GS so keep at it.
    AT BEST I manage to five star it by a hair using blast notes, jackpot, super guitar.
    Yeah you are going to either do some serious pathing or get more use out of jackpot. You wanna reach around 900k. I couldn't GS the song on my friends 360(I was playing a lot worse than I do on my PS3 at home and there were drinks involved :p) but GS'd Welcome Home with ease. So I know it's a tough song.

Keep at it.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    zage1337;4918959 said:
    It is the hardest RB1 import by far to GS so keep at it.

Yeah you are going to either do some serious pathing or get more use out of jackpot. You wanna reach around 900k. I couldn't GS the song on my friends 360(I was playing a lot worse than I do on my PS3 at home and there were drinks involved :p) but GS'd Welcome Home with ease. So I know it's a tough song.

Keep at it.

900K?! My best so far is 783K
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    well i don't think the cut-off is that high but pretty close. i was well in the mid 800ks and just under the duke when i was playing it at a friends. I could probably get it with ease if i actually had the RB1 imports lol.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Just making sure -- you don't just have five Who songs in Blitz, do you? Because you can play "I Can See for Miles" in RB3 and it counts.

And, well...WGFA is considerably easier to gold in RB3 as well.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Looking at RBW, I got my Gold Stars on that song at 838,866. Based on what Zage was saying, that must be awfully close to the exact cut off line. I'm pretty sure I would have been using Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar, but it was a long time ago.

I'm curious if I could have done better now that I'm generally using Flame Notes instead. There's a certain point for me at which the technical difficulty/speed of the notes in a song makes it too likely that I'll break a Jackpot while trying to chase flames, and I'm not sure whether WGFA crosses that point or not.

You definitely need to be using Jackpot to have a realistic shot at Gold Stars; that much I'm sure of. You can do it with Blast Notes, but judging from how close I shaved it, it's pretty difficult.