Sequel to 90's Favorite Sitcom Boy Meets World In the Works

hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://collider.com/boy-meets-world-sequel-show-girl-meets-world/208428/

....As a huge fan of the original this sounds terrible, but I'll keep my hopes up I guess?

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4919523 said:
    The show was great because it followed the kids from middle school to college. Th show matured with the main cast. If it's on Disney Channel then it will forever be a show for children.

Does that sound weird?

While that's not necessarily the case... I vaguely remember reruns showing on Disney Channel for a few years, but they edited them all to hell so they could remain "kid-friendly"

But I still agree with you.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    And yet fantstic programming like Community can't even air when it's supposed to!
  • edited November 2012
    abynormal;4919584 said:
    And yet fantstic programming like Community can't even air when it's supposed to!

It's really disgusting the way NBC treats it.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4919587 said:
    It's really disgusting the way NBC treats it.

Yep. "Instead of airing it on October 14th like we've been advertising for months, we're just going to air it...whenever. Because, uh, people really seem to like Revolution?"

I think they just didn't like Harmon and now that he's gone they're taking it out on his show.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    My initial thought was "wasn't this done before, when it was called Clarissa Explains It All?"

Honestly, not holding much hope for this one.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    I've never met anybody who liked Boy Meets Girl.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4919687 said:

• MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I have mixed feelings on this...

Would a continuation of Boy Meets World be cool? Sure. I was bummed when that show =/

This whole thing makes me iffy though...

1) Disney Sucks at Sitcoms, especially ones where the show and cast grow up (I agree with MMB7)
    2) I because attached to the old cast... I do not want to start with a new one (I don't care if Corey, and Topanga are in it. I want Eric, Shawn, and the rest to be in it too =/)

I think everything would have been better in a reunion type film (A movie where everyone gets back together, and we find out how much they grown during the years that show wasn't airing)...

I'll still give this show a shot though.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    I just hope they continue with the whole growing older thing
    Cipher_Peon;4919687 said:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4hh2rCkRB1ru9peno1_500.jpg
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    hiimSMAP;4919516 said:
    http://collider.com/boy-meets-world-sequel-show-girl-meets-world/208428/

....As a huge fan of the original this sounds terrible, but I'll keep my hopes up I guess?

It's children's television. You're not meant to like it.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    Wow, that was bad.
    I blame my still ongoing grumpiness.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4919741 said:
    It's children's television. It's not meant to be good.
    Fixed.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2012
    It can't be worse than the orginal. Ben Savage is sooooo bad.
    edited November 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4919785 said:
    Fixed.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. It means the target audience by definition doesn't really care about the things more discerning viewers would.

Is anyone in this thread currently less than 14 years old? Else why would you watch thi....oh, wait, this is the internet. If 4chan tells them to watch, they'll watch.
  • edited November 2012
    Boy Meets World was a family show. This will be a kids show. That's why it sucks.
    edited November 2012
    Amazed at the backlash toward the original show here.

Boy Meets World was far from a masterpiece, but few shows of the type were as consistently fresh and witty as it, and it all taught us a thing or two growing up.
    edited November 2012
    Right, but is it the sort of show you'd watch now? I'm sure it was great for you when you were 10 or 12. And this new show will be the same for the current generation.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    Never heard of this show. But this idea looks like it STINKS!

*Storms off, as if exiting a metaphorical room*
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2012
    hiimSMAP;4919999 said:
    Amazed at the backlash toward the original show here.

Boy Meets World was far from a masterpiece, but few shows of the type were as consistently fresh and witty as it, and it all taught us a thing or two growing up.

And few shows were not as down right sappy and over dramatic.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4920061 said:
    Right, but is it the sort of show you'd watch now?

...yes.
    Ehfahq;4920067 said:
    And few shows were not as down right sappy and over dramatic.

Outside of a few key moments, not really.
  • edited November 2012
    Right, but is it the sort of show you'd watch now? I'm sure it was great for you when you were 10 or 12. And this new show will be the same for the current generation.

Yes I would and do. It reruns on MTV2 all the time. It's a family show just like Modern Family or The Middle.
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4920113 said:
    Yes I would and do. It reruns on MTV2 all the time. It's a family show just like Modern Family or The Middle.

I mean, yes, it may be slightly more clean cut and cheesier than those shows, but it was all due to the time period and what was acceptable back on family sitcoms, and out of just about every show of it's ilk (with the exception of maybe Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) it definitely pushed that envelope more often than not.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2012
    hiimSMAP;4920107 said:

Yea really. Especially towards the end.
    edited November 2012
    Ehfahq;4920141 said:
    Yea really. Especially towards the end.

Not anymore than your typical sitcom.

I don't know what Boy Meets World you were watching, but the later episodes are downright a cartoon in most places.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4919853 said:
    Is anyone in this thread currently less than 14 years old? Else why would you watch thi....oh, wait, this is the internet. If 4chan tells them to watch, they'll watch.
    This doesn't make any sense
    I dunno, do people ever watch reruns of older shows and movies ever? Has anyone watched, like, Ghostbusters after the age of 10? Mulan? Shrek? Literally any other family thing ever? I like to think that sometimes, some people do

It's ridiculous to say that people at our age wouldn't watch a particular thing now because we're too old for it, especially when a show such as this may have been a favorite show of ours when we were young. Unless you're implying that it's ridiculous that anyone would consider this their favorite show, which is an equally ridiculous statement in its own right
    hiimSMAP;4920107 said:

This doesn't make any sense
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    HeyRiles;4920406 said:
    I dunno, do people ever watch reruns of older shows and movies ever? Has anyone watched, like, Ghostbusters after the age of 10?

I watched Ghostbusters the other night.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2012
    RilesI actually watch a lot of older shows. The week I have been watching Salute Your Shorts almost every night before I go to sleep. I am not a fan of most modern TV shows.
    hiimSMAP;4920221 said:
    Not anymore than your typical sitcom.

I don't know what Boy Meets World you were watching, but the later episodes are downright a cartoon in most places.

I like how you agreed and disagreed with me in the same post.
    edited November 2012
    Ehfahq;4920572 said:
    RilesI actually watch a lot of older shows. The week I have been watching Salute Your Shorts almost every night before I go to sleep. I am not a fan of most modern TV shows.

I like how you agreed and disagreed with me in the same post.

Please explain to me how I did that.