rockbandscores and rbstats Sites Not Updating Anymore?

gopher_pgopher_p Unsigned
edited September 2013 in Rock Band
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere or if this topic belongs in another forum.

I've noticed that my scores are no longer updating on the sites that I go to for tracking my progress. Did the people responsible for those sites decide to call it quits, or did something change with the APIs? Do we know if it's going to get fixed? are there other similar sites that I should try?

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Now that you mention it, my list is all new songs right now. I'm sure I've improved a score or two at some point in the month.
  • primusumirpprimusumirp Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I hope rbstats will start updating again soon. It's really handy site.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Rockbandscores seems to be catching up with itself. Just got about 3 weeks worth of updated bass scores (which the site updated on the 3rd).

But some of my other profiles are still sitting stagnent. Hopefully they'll catch up soon.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Oh good, I thought it was just me. I only played once in October (!) and those songs didn't show up until this weekend, on the 3rd, although they DID show up on time on my "Top Scores of the Week" that posts automatically to Facebook.

I finally had a big RB3 session on Sunday and some of those instrument scores have since been updated: Guitar, Bass, Drums (but not Pro Drums). The scores for Vocals appeared on the 3rd but there are no new scores from Sunday's play. No Harmony scores from Sunday have showed up either. No improved scores showed up either, just new scores, but I'm not sure that any improved scores were made in the first place (since we were mostly playing new purchases).

"Band scores" have only showed up once on that site, on 4/3/2011, I wonder why that is? Is there anywhere else that I can compile by band scores, or would I just need to go into the game and write them all down manually?
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    It's also been slow for me. It's not like the site is Harmonix-endorsed, right? It's been wrong or outdated for a very long time now. I really prefer the Facebook score tracker and would continue to use it if that worked for me, too.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    There's an update on the rockbandscores main page: "2012-10-26 - Harmonix's leaderboard download files appear to be stuck from several days ago. I have a support ticket filed and they've said they're looking into it. Update 2012-11-03 - New scores appear to have been added."

That said, I also am seeing only new scores, not improved scores, for quite some time.

Gotta love the dedication, it's a great site.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I've been having issues for a while. I assumed it was an HMX issue. No updated scores for me, just new stuff. It might just be proccessing a bunch of stuff.
    edited November 2012
    It's true, much of the same information is on Rock Band World. And yet, there are a few key features on rockbandscores that I've used often:

1) Recent Activity - new scores, and improved scores, that I've earned recently, by instrument / source.
    2) Score Frequencies - this tells me all sorts of interesting things about how tricky the chart is and if a replay that leads to a small score increase might bump me up the leaderboard significantly.
    3) Your Score History - when I improve on a score, I like to see what the previous score was, and when that was first set.

Using these kind of stats to track my improvement (or decay!) in skills is at least 25% of why Rock Band is fun for me.
    edited November 2012
    Pro Drums and Harmony updated for me last night.
    edited November 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4920819 said:
    It's true, much of the same information is on Rock Band World. And yet, there are a few key features on rockbandscores that I've used often:

1) Recent Activity - new scores, and improved scores, that I've earned recently, by instrument / source.
    2) Score Frequencies - this tells me all sorts of interesting things about how tricky the chart is and if a replay that leads to a small score increase might bump me up the leaderboard significantly.
    3) Your Score History - when I improve on a score, I like to see what the previous score was, and when that was first set.

Using these kind of stats to track my improvement (or decay!) in skills is at least 25% of why Rock Band is fun for me.

True, and I used it for that too. I just wish the Facebook one at least worked for me in the meantime. rbscores hasn't updated for me in a full month, despite what the update claims.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone got their Pro keys/pro bass scores updates? (Aside of the new stuff)
    edited November 2012
    It hasn't updated my regular Guitar stuff since 11/3.
  • edited November 2012
    I just noticed that RBS now has star data for every song. When did that happen?
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4924595 said:

HMX may have finally fixed that info?
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4924595 said:

About a week or two ago I think. And it still miss some star data for pro bass, but everything is there for pro keys.
    edited November 2012
    New songs doesn't update for me anymore, and improved scores still doesn't. :|
    edited November 2012
    I played a few songs on Monday, but the Rock Band Server was down so it didn't tell me my rankings. But those songs WILL show up, eventually, right? Or will I have to play each of those songs again (on any instrument, not just the on I played on Monday) to get my scores into the system?
    edited November 2012
    Well all scores should update when it is fixed, but since the site was malfunctionning I was still recieving the scores from the new songs, but not from the improved scores, now nothing updates on pro keys or pro bass on my side, I don't know the if other instruments updates as I don't play them.
    edited November 2012
    I don't think RBS is running scores daily anymore.

Edit: in fact, from the site:
    2012-11-14 - There is another issue with Harmonix's leaderboard downloads. I have filed another ticket and they are looking into it.
    edited November 2012
    Well yeah, I still haven't gotten score updates from last month. And some star calculations are still way off.
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    StackOverflow0x;4926044 said:
    Well yeah, I still haven't gotten score updates from last month. And some star calculations are still way off.

The only way to fix star calculations on RBS is to have HMX clear the leaderboards. When people were playing for the first few weeks of RB3 playing with multiple instruments lowered the score necessary for Gold Stars. They aren't going to be able to fix it without p***ing off everybody.
    edited November 2012
    They could also reset that data alone and simply collect new data.

Wii data is still screwy though.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps whilst HMX is taking a look at this they could figure out what is wrong with band updates too. Sorting by 'leaderboard rank' is pretty useless within the game so this would be very handy to have fixed.
    edited November 2012
    grizzlymaze;4926146 said:
    Perhaps whilst HMX is taking a look at this they could figure out what is wrong with band updates too. Sorting by 'leaderboard rank' is pretty useless within the game so this would be very handy to have fixed.

What's broken is that the data provided is by band name and not by user name, AND I think it's only providing the top 1000 scores, so it's not very useful.

At least, that's the issue I recall.
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    They've gotta make the overall leaderboard take the cumulative total of all the songs you have on the leaderboards and not the scores you have on your current game-save.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4926532 said:
    What's broken is that the data provided is by band name and not by user name, AND I think it's only providing the top 1000 scores, so it's not very useful.

At least, that's the issue I recall.

I think what she's trying to say is when you sort by leaderboards, there's a buttload of RBNs that goes in the ''NO DATA'' folder, and it makes it harder to track your rank on those songs.
    edited November 2012
    Oh, so only people who have the same name for their band + user name have a band score that appears on the list?
    edited November 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4927479 said:
    Oh, so only people who have the same name for their band + user name have a band score that appears on the list?

No, band scores doesn't updates at all, unless the dude fixes it when the website will be fixed, but it has been like that for years now.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    What's going on with this? Does the guy need some donations? It's one of the reasons I enjoy RB3 so much, this simple just-the-facts scoring website. Last updated scores I have are from Nov 6 - this site is necessary..
    edited November 2012
    Backbeat60-62;4929580 said:
    What's going on with this? Does the guy need some donations? It's one of the reasons I enjoy RB3 so much, this simple just-the-facts scoring website. Last updated scores I have are from Nov 6 - this site is necessary..

The problem is the leaderboards API, the guy who takes care of this website has said that in the news.

''2012-11-14 - There is another issue with Harmonix's leaderboard downloads. I have filed another ticket and they are looking into it.'' - Taken from the homepage.