Has anyone noticed this?

MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
As I was checking some Blitz songs song pages on the site, I found The Wicker Man's song page. Except...the album cover is for Steve Miller Band's album "Brave New World". Is this because the Iron Maiden album has the exact same name as the Steve Miller Band album, and this is probably just a glitch in file names?

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    I never noticed.

Probably because I couldn't give less of a **** about that song.
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I believe that was pointed out when the song pages were initially found before Blitz came out. It confused me, I thought that was a very un-Maiden cover... Guess I was right about that. ;)

I think there's another instance of this happening though actually, in the RB3 store at least. "Seasons" by The Veer Union has the album cover of Bad Religion's "Against the Grain" album instead of their own in the RB3 store (I think it changes to its actual album cover when downloaded though, I wouldn't know since I don't have it). I checked the song page on here and it shows the right cover though, so I don't know if that happens for any other song's page, but I'd assume it's a file glitch as you said.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I think there a glitch with one of the grateful dead album covers where it was a pixellated mess but i might have been fixed now.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    nuttzo31;4921616 said:
    I think there a glitch with one of the grateful dead album covers where it was a pixellated mess but i might have been fixed now.

Which one?
    dudemann14;4921612 said:

I think there's another instance of this happening though actually, in the RB3 store at least. "Seasons" by The Veer Union has the album cover of Bad Religion's "Against the Grain" album instead of their own in the RB3 store (I think it changes to its actual album cover when downloaded though, I wouldn't know since I don't have it). I checked the song page on here and it shows the right cover though, so I don't know if that happens for any other song's page, but I'd assume it's a file glitch as you said.

Yeah, probably when albums are uploaded they have a file name that's something like Brave New World.jpg. But then again, they could always upload a Brave New World 2.jpg.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4922588 said:
    Which one?

Sugar Magnolia and another song (forget which one). In the RB3 store, viewing the album art could potentially crash the game less than a minute later.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, Cipher and I noticed on Aug 17, I believe the day the RBB songs went live in the RBW app.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231065&page=2
    thatmarkguy;4847527 said:
    So who do we contact to let them know that their image for the album cover of Iron Maiden's "Brave New World" is actually the album cover of The Steve Miller Band's "Brave New World"?
    Cipher_Peon;4847563 said:
    I already told them hours ago.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4922588 said:

Yeah, probably when albums are uploaded they have a file name that's something like Brave New World.jpg. But then again, they could always upload a Brave New World 2.jpg.

Which would make sense, but oddly it appears that it isn't.
    http://www.rockband.com/assets/thumbs/thewickerman.png
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2012
    A little quick poking around shows that the album art thumbnails are named with a filename that matches the song's name (specifically, the name as it appears in the web address of the song's page), which suggests an automated renaming process that could have happened after the bravenewworld image was either omitted or overwritten due to its original filename
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Yes it has happened to me also. I went a different way and got the same result.Click this link here then click on iron maiden
    Don't waste time looking at the pro upgrade
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone else noticed this ?
    When I'm not signed in the time of posts are 1 hour ahead like atlantic time zone .
    After signing in the posts are back to eastern time zone.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2012
    GRRRUMBLE;4923987 said:
    Has anyone else noticed this ?
    When I'm not signed in the time of posts are 1 hour ahead like atlantic time zone .
    After signing in the posts are back to eastern time zone.

It has a standard forum time and a time that adjusts to your time zone.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Witticus;4923992 said:
    It has a standard forum time and a time that adjusts to your time zone.

I'm signed in, but it seems it hasn't registered the change in daylight savings time, so I'm an hour ahead right now.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    you can change that in your settings