Official Discussion: DLC Week of 11/13 - Kenny Loggins & 40+ Green Day tracks

edited November 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4920695 said:
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (November 13th, 2012):

* Kenny Loggins – “I’m Alright”
* Kenny Loggins – “Footloose” O X

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

“Green Day Pack 04”

* Green Day – “Geek Stink Breath”
* Green Day – “Nice Guys Finish Last”
* Green Day – “Hitchin’ a Ride”

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Green Day Pack 04”

Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown (Note: Songs available as singles only on Wii)

* “Song of the Century”
* “21st Century Breakdown”
* “Know Your Enemy”
* “¡Viva la Gloria!”
* “Before the Lobotomy”
* “Christian’s Inferno”
* “Last Night on Earth”
* “East Jesus Nowhere”
* “Peacemaker”
* “Last of the American Girls”
* “Murder City”
* “¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl)”
* “Restless Heart Syndrome”
* “Horseshoes and Handgrenades”
* “The Static Age”
* “21 Guns”
* “American Eulogy”
* “See the Light”

Price:

$19.99 USD, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points™) for the “21st Century Breakdown (Album)”

Green Day – American Idiot

* “American Idiot” X
* “Jesus of Suburbia”
* “Holiday”
* “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”
* “Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy”
* “Give Me Novacaine/She’s a Rebel”
* “Extraordinary Girl”
* “Letterbomb”
* “Wake Me Up When September Ends”
* “Homecoming”
* “Whatsername”

Price:

$17.99 USD, £8.99 UK, €13.49 EU (1440 Microsoft Points™, 1800 Wii Points™) for the “American Idiot (Album)”

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Green Day – Dookie

* “Burnout”
* “Having a Blast”
* “Chump”
* “Longview”
* “Welcome to Paradise”
* “Pulling Teeth”
* “Basketcase”
* “She”
* “Sassafras Roots”
* “When I Come Around” X
* “Coming Clean”
* “Emenius Sleepus”
* “In the End”
* “F.O.D.”

Price:

$19.99 USD, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points™, 2000 Wii Points™) for the “Dookie (Album)”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 14th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.
hmxhenry;4920702 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 11/8/2012:

Metal

Nightrage – “Sham Piety” (160 MSP)
Nightrage – “Sham Piety (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
One Year Later – “Absolution” (160 MSP)
One Year Later – “Absolution (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
The Minotaur Project – “Shattered Satellites and Brutal Gods” (80 MSP)
The Minotaur Project – “Shattered Satellites and Brutal Gods (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

The Stanleys – “Kid’s Gonna Rock” (160 MSP)

Rock

DRUOX – “Ode to Stove” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 11/13/2012 (North America) and 11/14/2012 (Europe):

Amberian Dawn – “Cold Kiss” ($1.99), Metal
Halcyon Way – “Our Finest Hour” ($0.99), Metal
Una Jensen – “Let’s Write a Song” ($1.99), Pop-Rock
The Buffalo Joe Band – “Our Time” ($0.99), Classic Rock
Sunny Side Up – “Corporate Control” ($0.99), Reggae/Ska

Discuss!

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    "Footloose"!!!!!!! Yessssss!

I'm sure I've heard "I'm Alright" but I can't place it.

I'd love to see "Danger Zone" eventually.

And cool, Green Day pro upgrades. There you go, whiners.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Kenny will be popular at parties.

+2 for me.
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Kenny Loggins songs are AMAZING. The two Green Day pro upgrades are also awesome and much appreciated. Kick-ass week HMX!
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    Will I have to repurchase American Idiot in order to upgrade it?

Also, never heard of Kenny Loggins.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Wait wait wait....Kenny Loggins with no "Danger Zone?" That is TRAGIC. I'm guessing there was some bullcrap with the Top Gun licensing or something like that but man, that's disappointing.

On the other hand, that is a metric sh*tton of Green Day songs. At first glance, there's five I definitely want and a few more I will consider. Also very kind of HMX to add a few pro-upgrades even though that wasn't the original plan. I don't think many other games would have made that sort of change regarding the DLC simply because of fan demand.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    21st Century Breakdown remainders are singles-only for Wii. Too big to be a pack?

I wonder if anyone will buy "Song of the Century" as a $2 single.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Why are you not cutting loose

Everybody's got to cut loose
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Having something new to buy this week, plus THREE pro upgrades make me happy. Thanks HMX!
    edited November 2012
    MrPerson;4922679 said:
    Inb4 "Y U NO DANGER ZONE?"

Try again? ;)
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Kudos to HMX as always for their hard work and listening. Grabbing the Kenny Loggins. Minus one point for no Dangerzone.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2012
    Kenny Loggins! Damn straight I will be picking up those two singles.

Also, thank you Harmonix... while the music hasn't been much to my taste over the past little while, you guys still Rock my world with all the things you do for the community.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Awesome, buying both Kenny Loggins tracks!
    edited November 2012
    Three full-albums in a week! Wow, Harmonix! You guys are excellent!
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    the two Kenny Loggins songs are good... gonna be getting those once I get paid
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Never heard of Kenny Loggins so will check that out via Youtube. Congrats on managing to work out some Green Day pro upgrades even though the choices were very far from the best imo (If I had to choose 1 from Dookie and 1 from American Idiot of which both were singles, I would have chosen "Longview" and "Jesus of Suburbia").
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4922686 said:
    Why are you not cutting loose

Everybody's got to cut loose

Because I cut loose at a primary schoool talent show in 2005 and all I had to show for it was extreme stagefright. So that'll be fun to revisit all over again.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much HMX for listening to us and releasing something new!

Love Kenny Loggins! Getting both....hopefully Danger Zone will come someday.
    edited November 2012
    We could got the themes of two great films today: Footloose and Caddyshack.

Now we're just missing Top Gun.

Also, y no "Return to Pooh Corner"? That's been my favorite Kenny Loggins song since I was two.
  • matshimatshi Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Rock Band really rocks these weeks! :)
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited November 2012
    Thanks HMX! Appreciate the hard work and the LOGGINS! Those 2 are going to be awesome.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4922698 said:
    We could got the themes of two great films today: Footloose and Caddyshack.

Now we're just missing Top Gun.

Also, y no "Return to Pooh Corner"? That's been my favorite Kenny Loggins song since I was two.

Oh, and RBN will be bringing the St. Elmo's Fire theme as well. It's movie theme week next week!
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4922683 said:

I'm surprised, said no one ever.

Already got GD:RB exported, and unless there's serious clamoring amongst my RB friends, this is a no-go. But judging by the reaction so far, this is another good get. I'm glad those who are stoked get Kenny Loggins. There's a chance I'll grab the Pro upgrades for the two that got them. But probably not "When I Come Around." That song was overplayed so much when it came out, I'm still sick of it, not that it's a bad song.

Thanks again to Harmonix for continuing to release DLC 5 years into the franchise. No matter whether I like it or not, I'm always happy when this streak continues another week.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    IT'S FULL OF STARS.

Patiently waiting for my PM to ask me to write a treatise on the excellence of the Log Man for the RB Blog, btw.
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4922692 said:
    Three full-albums in a week! Wow, Harmonix! You guys are excellent!
    21st Century Breakdown is not a full album.
    grumblevolcano;4922695 said:
    Congrats on managing to work out some Green Day pro upgrades even though the choices were very far from the best imo (If I had to choose 1 from Dookie and 1 from American Idiot of which both were singles, I would have chosen "Longview" and "Jesus of Suburbia").

"Jesus of Suburbia" is 10 minutes long. Give 'em a break.
  • edited November 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4922683 said:
    Will I have to repurchase American Idiot in order to upgrade it?

You shouldn't have to buy American Idiot to purchase the Pro upgrade. DLC team worked some magic, so you should be good. Holler if there are any issues come release day.

Also, jealous for your ears to meet Loggins for the first time. He was an 80's soundtrack staple and one of the smoothest dudes on the planet.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4922685 said:
    21st Century Breakdown remainders are singles-only for Wii. Too big to be a pack?

Not too big to be a pack, just some bizarro Wii store sorting issues preventing us from bundling previous DLC with new DLC to make full album DLC. Each console handles their store stuff different and this is just one of those things.

Also, re: Danger Zone, yes, that is also a song Kenny Loggins recorded. It's an awesome jam and we would have loved to include it with these releases but the masters weren't available. We hunted for them for a good long time and prayed nightly to the Yacht Rock gods, but it wasn't meant to be. I know I, for one, will be enjoying the 2 essential Loggins tracks that we did get. Give them a listen if you're not familiar, then watch Footloose and Caddyshack and your life will be better for it.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    No love for "I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man)"
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Okay I am seriously considering picking up the American Idiot pro upgrade. Looks like a solid week all in all for all parts
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Oh, I got the prediction! of my reaction

Not interested at all, but kudos for the Green Day pro upgrades.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4922198 said:
    I hope this shows that we do listen to forum feedback and that we'll always respond to community issues when we're able to.
    I never doubted you for a second! No seriously, the gang at Harmonix is consistently awesome. In those rare instances where you have a choice to do something, and choose something that I don't like? That always seems to be because of "forum feedback" too. It's just that you wind up listening to the "wrong" (i.e., not my) side of forum feedback in those rare cases... and I can't be mad about that, just disappointed. But who could possibly still be saying that you don't listen? Nobody but the trolls!

And I'm really glad that adding Pro upgrades was something you were able (and willing) to do. Same with bumping up Loggins on the schedule. I'd already stated that 2012 DLC was already a success, and anything else would just be gravy ... this is some serious gravy. THANKS!!