Official Discussion: DLC Week of 11/13 - Kenny Loggins & 40+ Green Day tracks

Comments

• MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    No love for "I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man)"
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Okay I am seriously considering picking up the American Idiot pro upgrade. Looks like a solid week all in all for all parts
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Oh, I got the prediction! of my reaction

Not interested at all, but kudos for the Green Day pro upgrades.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4922198 said:
    I hope this shows that we do listen to forum feedback and that we'll always respond to community issues when we're able to.
    I never doubted you for a second! No seriously, the gang at Harmonix is consistently awesome. In those rare instances where you have a choice to do something, and choose something that I don't like? That always seems to be because of "forum feedback" too. It's just that you wind up listening to the "wrong" (i.e., not my) side of forum feedback in those rare cases... and I can't be mad about that, just disappointed. But who could possibly still be saying that you don't listen? Nobody but the trolls!

And I'm really glad that adding Pro upgrades was something you were able (and willing) to do. Same with bumping up Loggins on the schedule. I'd already stated that 2012 DLC was already a success, and anything else would just be gravy ... this is some serious gravy. THANKS!!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4922698 said:
    We could got the themes of two great films today: Footloose and Caddyshack.

Now we're just missing Top Gun.

Also, y no "Return to Pooh Corner"? That's been my favorite Kenny Loggins song since I was two.
    LOG willing, we'll see more of Kenny in the future.

HMX dudes: "Whenever I Call You Friend" (duet with Stevie Nicks) for next Valentine's Day, please???
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    Had an "Oh, THAT song" moment listening to "Footloose", though I've never heard the original before.

I like the song, but not quite enough to buy it in RB (making it the first time I've gone 4 weeks in a row with nothing).
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4922705 said:
    Also, re: Danger Zone, yes, that is also a song Kenny Loggins recorded. It's an awesome jam and we would have loved to include it with these releases but the masters weren't available.

I has a sad =(
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Will grab "Footloose" if the "wife" tells me she wants it, otherwise echoing the disappointment at the lack of Danger Zone. Own GD:RB+ so no go on that one for me.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Kenny freaking loggins!!!!
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    Listened to the Kenny Loggins tracks. Wow.

I'm Alright has to be one of the worst songs I've listened to this year. Everything about it either screams obnoxiousness, from the boring guitar work, the awful vocals, and the mind blowingly atrocious duhduhduhduhduhduhs that the song throws at you. It just REALLY doesn't sit well with me at all in any way. Oh well.

Footloose fares a lot better since it's decent. A great guitar riff, but nothing else about it comes off as fun, especially not the very meh vocals. I'll consider buying it in the future, but at the moment, my money will be only be massively thrown at the Pro Upgrade for American Idiot which is one of my biggest requests of all time. Thank you Harmonix. You rock.

Footloose
    I'm Alright
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4922701 said:
    Oh, and RBN will be bringing the St. Elmo's Fire theme as well. It's movie theme week next week!

Yes, that's finally gonna be released? Perfect timing! It's like a themed week at Rock Band!
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Well done HMX. Thought for sure Green Day would be used as holiday filler instead.

Footloose is an instabuy. Can't place the other Loggins song, but I'm sure it will be a "that song" moment.

Also looking forward to hopefully farming a crap ton of Blitz coins by playing Green Day songs next week! Havent played hardly any of them yet, so new song + double song bonuses? Cha-ching!
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations to Kenny Loggins for making it to Rock Band.

Well, if anyone wanted to fully cherry-pick Green Day: Rock Band, here's your chance.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for shuffling the schedule to get Kenny Loggins this week. It would have been thoroughly disappointing to just get a ton of Green Day and nothing else.

Not that it's a big deal, but do we know if "I'm Alright" starts immediately with the acoustic guitar, or with the "dreamy" vocal chorus before it kicks in? I thought the latter was originally just for the intro to Caddyshack, but I've heard it a few times that way on the radio over the years.
    edited November 2012
    Koko Goldstein is smiling in heaven right now.

Still need some Michael McDonald Doobies stuff, though.

Hall & Oates and Loggins setlist on Tuesday. Life is good.

Keep the Loggins coming, music ops guys.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    So I'm assuming that, because the export will show up as purchased in the store, we can just buy pro upgrades them as normal. I exported, so i'm wondering how easy it'll be to buy "When I come around"

Footloose is such a guilty pleasure to listen to. Looking Forward to it :)
    edited November 2012
    Oh, 21st *is* a full album?? That's weird as hell. So the 6 songs that were released as Green Day 01 and 02 three years ago are effectively seeing their second store release. That's kind of strange. Too bad there's no option for someone who has the two packs from '09 to just buy the remainders of the album.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4922704 said:
    21st Century Breakdown is not a full album.

Yes it is. Check the OP. The six songs released with Green Day 01 and 02 are included when you purchase the album.
  • FDA ALKAFDA ALKA Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    green day pack............. when we have the three others ? when " tr
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4922726 said:
    Yes it is. Check the OP. The six songs released with Green Day 01 and 02 are included when you purchase the album.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4922725 said:
    Oh, 21st *is* a full album?? That's weird as hell. So the 6 songs that were released as Green Day 01 and 02 three years ago are effectively seeing their second store release. That's kind of strange. Too bad there's no option for someone who has the two packs from '09 to just buy the remainders of the album.
    ;
    edited November 2012
    samjjones;4922710 said:
    LOG willing, we'll see more of Kenny in the future.

HMX dudes: "Whenever I Call You Friend" (duet with Stevie Nicks) for next Valentine's Day, please???

YES. I second that emotion. "Whenever I Call You Friend" is so good. I want it, since we can't get "Danger Zone".
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    It will take quite a while to listen to all of these. As of now, I may hit Wikipedia, see what the biggest hits are, and start from there. However, given that the only GD songs I like thus far are "Brain Stew" and "Know Your Enemy", and I have both...
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=FDA ALKA;4922727]green day pack............. when we have the three others ? when " tr
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4922705 said:
    Also, re: Danger Zone, yes, that is also a song Kenny Loggins recorded. It's an awesome jam and we would have loved to include it with these releases but the masters weren't available.
    Once again proving that if the public wants it, and you are ABLE to do it, you give it to us.

It's really good to have this information, so people will know not to keep begging for it. Of course, people are allowed to dream that the masters will be found, someday.

I'm sure there are many songs that are in this exact same situation, but I assumed there was some legal reason why you were unable to let us know which specific songs were impossible to add to Rock Band, for technical reasons. That was always going to be my first question for the Harmonix gang, when I finally see you in person: "which popular songs have you tried to get, and been held up solely by unavailable masters"?

That will still be my question for you, someday, assuming that you aren't ever going to be able to publish an extensive, official list here.
  • WeezerGeek888WeezerGeek888 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Love the Kenny Loggins but we really needed "Nobody's Fool" from Caddyshack II as well. That song is very awesome.
  • Happy29Happy29 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Kenny Loggins = insta buy. Thank you...drive thru!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4922716 said:
    Listened to the Kenny Loggins tracks. Wow.

I'm Alright has to be one of the worst songs I've listened to this year. Everything about it either screams obnoxiousness, from the boring guitar work, the awful vocals, and the mind blowingly atrocious duhduhduhduhduhduhs that the song throws at you. It just REALLY doesn't sit well with me at all in any way. Oh well.

I'm Alright

LOL! I guess you just had to be alive at the time it was released to really enjoy the song. Love your reaction :) The duhduhduhduhduhduhs have been going through my head since the announcement.
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4922705 said:

Also, re: Danger Zone, yes, that is also a song Kenny Loggins recorded. It's an awesome jam and we would have loved to include it with these releases but the masters weren't available. We hunted for them for a good long time and prayed nightly to the Yacht Rock gods, but it wasn't meant to be. I know I, for one, will be enjoying the 2 essential Loggins tracks that we did get.
    (chest heaving as I hyperventilate)

OK. I am so very pleased to hear that you tried for DZ. Any "live" versions available? Want me to try and break into Rick Rossovich's basement or something?

The Yacht Rock gods are a fickle crew. I believe that a sacrificial offering of Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind" as DLC would sate them, however.
    edited November 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4922734 said:
    That will still be my question for you, someday, assuming that you aren't ever going to be able to publish an extensive, official list here.

He's saving it for the tell-all memoir :p
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Apparently Cipher is so young he doesn't even remember Footloose,

the remake.

From 2011.
  • thegoochethegooche Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    More classics! This will be 7 weeks in a row of DLC for me. Thanks, HMX!