RBN Community Spotlight : November 2012

FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
It's the first Friday after the first Monday in November, and that can only mean one thing- no more political TV ads for a while!

Hooray!

Also it's my understanding that people will be announcing things today so I'm gonna go ahead and announce things.

First is a pair of tracks from hrmnzr, a young electro-pop artist with rather light, summery, loopy songs. We'll be doing:

hrmnzr - "Waves"
hrmnzr ft. Bowman - "Someone Else's Song"

You can hear "Someone Else's Song", and all the rest of hrmnzr's material, here.

I've only got two other announcements to go through today so hopefully someone else has got something. >_>

Comments

  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    TubaDude49;4922649 said:
    Don't have anything new to announce at the moment, but just wanted to point out that Brian Kahanek's "Gemini" passed this past week. It is being delayed from in-game release until "Bottle Rocket" also passes, which should hopefully be very soon.
    Here is a preview of the final version.
    I thought the Brian Kahanek songs were dropped long ago :o
    Great news!
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4922759]Since we're apparently up against Kenny Loggins, screw it, here's the big guns.

    Preview Videos:
    [URL=""]Stagehands - Searching/La Biblioth
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4922759]Since we're apparently up against Kenny Loggins, screw it, here's the big guns.

    Preview Videos:
    [URL=""]Stagehands - Searching/La Biblioth
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    After seeing the positive reaction, I listened to Searching/La Biliotheque.
    It seems like such a fantastic song... but the vocals seem to be... fuzzy? Is it just a video quality problem?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I think that's Fairwood's recording equipment. I had the same problem with Chart Toppers videos. They all sounded really muddled, but everything ended up sounding great it the game.
  • edited November 2012
    More Stagehands is cool.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    FinalAeon;4922788 said:
    Any info on a possible full album RBN release or is this and the RB3 version of Welcome To Our Town all upcoming Stagehands material for the near future?

    I'll talk to Marko. But, Now or Never making it to PS3 was behind much of the initiative to do more songs. I mean, the band's split, we're not promoting new projects. These are pretty much fan service. And they sell well
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    I just youtubed the original and it sounds FANTASTIC! First RBN song I've listened to in a long time and it hits it out of the park!

    Ashley is part of this song according to this Youtube video, what's up with the RBN version not having it?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    DragoonXD;4922802 said:
    I think that's Fairwood's recording equipment. I had the same problem with Chart Toppers videos. They all sounded really muddled, but everything ended up sounding great it the game.

    Mostly recording equipment (low-def output on an XP machine, eep!). Partly that Stagehands songs have a crap-ton of stems so the mixes take longer to refine. And I only started mixing that an hour before the video.
    Cipher_Peon;4922810 said:
    I just youtubed the original and it sounds FANTASTIC! First RBN song I've listened to in a long time and it hits it out of the park!

    Ashley is part of this song according to this Youtube video, what's up with the RBN version not having it?

    Marko actually wanted us to do just Biblioteque. He didn't feel Ashley or Searching were really strong enough for the game. I agree about Ashley, as it's just exposition and doesn't really fit into the flow too well, but Searching works perfectly as an intro so that was kept.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4922810 said:
    I just youtubed the original and it sounds FANTASTIC! First RBN song I've listened to in a long time and it hits it out of the park!

    Ashley is part of this song according to this Youtube video, what's up with the RBN version not having it?

    You cannot understand the epicity of the Silent City album. Unless you, y'know, BUY IT.

    Anyway, hells jeah!
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Fairwoods. It's cool knowing behind the scenes stuff of stuff I'm really interested in.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm mainly wondering how TAG's Ne Obliviscaris tracks are coming along.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    That Stagehands reminds me of Rock Lobster at the end kind of LOL.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Dangimarocker;4922827 said:
    That Stagehands reminds me of Rock Lobster at the end kind of LOL.

    Stagehands: The Epicness of a Rock Opera with The Annoyingness of Fred Schneider
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4922636 said:
    First is a pair of tracks from hrmnzr, a young electro-pop artist with rather light, summery, loopy songs. We'll be doing:

    hrmnzr - "Waves"
    hrmnzr ft. Bowman - "Someone Else's Song"

    You can hear "Someone Else's Song", and all the rest of hrmnzr's material, here.
    Ooh, these sound nice, I might check out more of his other stuff.

    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4922759]Since we're apparently up against Kenny Loggins, screw it, here's the big guns.

    Preview Videos:
    [URL=""]Stagehands - Searching/La Biblioth
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Oh, Fairwood is going try to fight the theme song to an 80's movie with a broadway-esque band?

    Well, I say fight fire with Fire! St. Elmo's Fire to be exact! And it's out next week!

    =======================

    RBN FULL GAMEPLAY

    "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" by John Parr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W53uscHAURk

    "Tim Tebow's Fire" by John Parr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHS0fiDs0H4

    =======================

    10% from gross sales of the Tebow version will be going to the Tim Tebow Foundation to help kids and their communities around the world. Visit http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/ to learn more about them.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    TylerFG;4922845 said:
    Ooh, these sound nice, I might check out more of his other stuff.



    Woah, just...woah. :D

    Her other stuff.

    And yea, I was glad to see that one in particular came up multiple times in requests. :)

    Last little bit from me, no videos as of yet. We've got two more tracks on tap from Turkey Vulture Records, both more involved and less Nickelback-y than their first release:

    - Beyond Threshold - "First Blood"
    - A Memory Down - "Peace Be Yours"

    Hopefully I'll be able to start showing those off in relatively short order.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4922759]Since we're apparently up against Kenny Loggins, screw it, here's the big guns.

    Preview Videos:
    [URL=""]Stagehands - Searching/La Biblioth
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    what other bands are being added on to The RBN Community Spotlight for November?
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited November 2012
    Ooohhhhh I like Stagehands.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    Der_Lex;4922820 said:
    I'm mainly wondering how TAG's Ne Obliviscaris tracks are coming along.

    Might be a little while. Things have been rather hectic at TAG lately, trying to get all of our songs out and such.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4922811 said:

    Marko actually wanted us to do just Biblioteque.
    Aww, so no "The Threat"?

    Also, just to make sure I'm saying it right, hrmnzr is pronounced "Harmonizer", right?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4922636 said:
    It's the first Friday after the first Monday in November, and that can only mean one thing- no more political TV ads for a while!

    Hooray!

    Also it's my understanding that people will be announcing things today so I'm gonna go ahead and announce things.

    First is a pair of tracks from hrmnzr, a young electro-pop artist with rather light, summery, loopy songs. We'll be doing:

    hrmnzr - "Waves"
    hrmnzr ft. Bowman - "Someone Else's Song"

    You can hear "Someone Else's Song", and all the rest of hrmnzr's material, here.

    I've only got two other announcements to go through today so hopefully someone else has got something. >_>

    I actually just recently downloaded the "Arts and Crafts" album by hrmnzr by following Bandcamp recommendations when I was downloading some tracks by an artist we're gonna bring to RBN soon. Small world. Nice get, I like the sound of this song.

    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4922759]Since we're apparently up against Kenny Loggins, screw it, here's the big guns.

    Preview Videos:
    [URL=""]Stagehands - Searching/La Biblioth
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Awesome, more Yogurt With Sprinkles!
  • edited November 2012
    I can't wait for Sarsaparilla and Snazzy!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    Arcanon;4923202 said:

    *eyes glow red*

    The Ravens of Byiva will invade the Rock Band Network. "A Burning Village, A Child Crying, A Mother Dying." Nine minutes. Keys. Be ready. It will come.

    *eyes stop glowing*

    Wow, there hasn't been more sinister an announcement in the history of the RBN. Can't wait!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited November 2012
    Arcanon;4923202 said:

    Anyways! You guys remember when I was giving away those free MSP codes for guessing our tracks, and I always put Jazz as an option, and depressed you all greatly when it was never the right choice? Not anymore! I'm happy to announce we're bringing "Snazzy" by Yogurt With Sprinkles to the RBN, our first jazz piece! It is an awesome song, and I can't wait to get a preview ready for you all. Guitarists and keys players are going to LOVE this track.

    Also, while these two tracks aren't jazz, they're also very awesome! We're also doing "Stellar Evolution" (a spacey, trippy track with some really nice sounds) and "Sarsaparilla" (one very funky and old-timey sounding piece of electronica) to RBN, also by Yogurt With Sprinkles!

    Videos for all 3 YWS songs are almost ready, and I can't wait to show them off.
    meh

    ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Classic Rock
    John Parr
    St. Elmo's Fire
    Tim Tebow's Fire


    Jazz
    Yogurt With Sprinkles
    Snazzy

    Metal
    Beyond Threshold
    First Blood

    Pop
    Stagehands
    [URL=""][I]Searching/La Biblioth
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Arcanon;4923202 said:
    Anyways! You guys remember when I was giving away those free MSP codes for guessing our tracks, and I always put Jazz as an option, and depressed you all greatly when it was never the right choice? Not anymore! I'm happy to announce we're bringing "Snazzy" by Yogurt With Sprinkles to the RBN, our first jazz piece! It is an awesome song, and I can't wait to get a preview ready for you all. Guitarists and keys players are going to LOVE this track.

    Also, while these two tracks aren't jazz, they're also very awesome! We're also doing "Stellar Evolution" (a spacey, trippy track with some really nice sounds) and "Sarsaparilla" (one very funky and old-timey sounding piece of electronica) to RBN, also by Yogurt With Sprinkles!

    Videos for all 3 YWS songs are almost ready, and I can't wait to show them off.

    Also in case you missed it, we're now bringing Superfluous Motor's entire "Shattered Groove" album to the Rock Band Network, including the bonus track "Schizophrenic Seizure," of which I composed the drums! Needless to say, I'm ecstatic to release these songs, and when Schizophrenic Seizure is out, I'll finally realize my dream of having a song in Rock Band! Or at least, being a featured artist in one.

    That's all I've got this time around, but rest assured we're working on tons of amazing stuff.

    Woo! More YWS! And Superfluous Motor's music is amazing too.
Sign In or Register to comment.