If RB4 came out for Orbis/720/wii U...

DonMoneyDonMoney Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Rock Band
Here are a few things I'd like to see:

- total library integration, including new DLC, old DLC, exports AND Beatles! (Plain and simple, if you make the Beatles exportable, you will go gold, maybe platinum within 12 months. Yes, I've heard it'll never happen, but it's still a valid suggestion to throw into Sir McCartney's inbox. I'll pay $19.99 for an export, as will others who shell out $50+ for COD each year, easy.

-proving the renewed and continued worth of the franchise (the community is airtight) to the record labels would be awesome: ie. tell Swan Song that they'll make a crap-load off of DLC and hungry Zep fans like Green Day did...see what happens.

- more hip-hop and pop to entice people who buy RB simply for it's ground-breaking vocals mode (far superior to the SD flakiness of SingStar). I don't care about the hip-hop-haters: the Snoop Dogg and Gorillaz tracks are popular and fun on karaoke, plus the newly remixed band parts make the old Snoop tracks feel fresh. Jungle Boogie by KATG was a blast too!

- magically bring back Hier Kommt Alex, Rock N Roll Superstar, Paranoid and Enter Sandman; all will rejoice in the nostalgia; lol

- actual " Lossless Audio/Hd Jukebox" option in the menus, so you can just kick back, relax and chill to HD master recordings on Blu-ray speakers without playing, failing, turing off sound effects, etc. etc.

- Harmonix needs to prove to the public why the pro modes (which were REALLY lacking in marketing; few people I know outside this community know RB3 actually came out, despite it representing the perfection of the rhythm genre craze; too bad, but fixable.

RB3 is definitely competitive to Rocksmith, the latter of which is beginning to amass a cult following, with its recent port to PC. However: the RB interface is copied, familiar and intuitive. I absolutely love the Pro Keys tutorial, and the ability to learn hundreds of new songs on piano. It's easy, plain-speak.

I know there are trollers out there who will immediately pounce all over the seemingly impossibly references to Zep, Beatles, etc...but I respond: The World is Yours, mang.

dB*B

Comments

• DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Totally agree! Also, the animations should be more like RB2 where the characters are more lively and full of energy.

Also [to add a few suggestions], we need an online mode where we can have more than 4 players. (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, and Vocals all at the same time to be more specific, possibly even three different players for three different harmonies, but I can see where that idea could go wrong.) And, not to sound snobby or anything, let's go back to where we can't have more than one of the same song in a setlist, please...
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    DonMoney;4923778 said:
    (Plain and simple, if you make the Beatles exportable, you will go gold, maybe platinum within 12 months. Yes, I've heard it'll never happen, but it's still a valid suggestion to throw into Sir McCartney's inbox. I'll pay $19.99 for an export, as will others who shell out $50+ for COD each year, easy.
    How many people would pay $80 to play the Beatles songs they already have, only in a game with no Beatles avatars or venues and no dreamscapes?
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    They need to bring back those RB2 songs too. Jukebox = vocals + no-fail + un-plugged mic.

You forgot to mention that they need to bring back score duel. A FB score duel would be cool too. And need to be able to really be a FB online, AKA guitar, bass and keys in the same session.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    the main thing they need is better/more marketing. you'd be surprised how many people never knew there was RB3 (or any RB really, all those people heard about was "that other game")
  • SkrazemSkrazem Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4923820 said:
    How many people would pay $80 to play the Beatles songs they already have, only in a game with no Beatles avatars or venues and no dreamscapes?

I would.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Boy if only we had a thread for topics like this. That would sure be swell.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4923882 said:
    the main thing they need is better/more marketing. you'd be surprised how many people never knew there was RB3 (or any RB really, all those people heard about was "that other game")
    There was virtually nothing in the UK. I saw a one page spread in OXM 3 days before it's release. Had I not been a massive fan of the series, it may have been months before I would have picked it up.

On a side note, I'm all for it. The only thing I'd want, aside from a fun game to play is backwards compatibility with the instruments. I don't wanna pay out for another band kit when I already have one.
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4923933 said:
    There was virtually nothing in the UK. I saw a one page spread in OXM 3 days before it's release. Had I not been a massive fan of the series, it may have been months before I would have picked it up.
    better than over here
    absolutely 0 marketing. found 1 shop 30 miles away from my house where they had 1 copy >_>

there were at least 20 shops closer by that didnt have it
    edited November 2012
    When I bought my PS3 I searched all my city to find a box of RB2 with all instruments. I live in Montr
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2012
    So OP is just hoping for a totally perfect RB4? I can get behind that...
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4923936 said:
    better than over here
    absolutely 0 marketing. found 1 shop 30 miles away from my house where they had 1 copy >_>

there were at least 20 shops closer by that didnt have it
    That's really odd... I found quite a few copies over here, and some of the peripherals too. Managed to pick the keyboard and pro drums up in store.
  • KingsDimensionKingsDimension Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    KingsDimension;4872418 said:
    First of all I would like to say that I compiled a list of the top 128 most requests artists and songs for the setlist. There is no balance between decades, difficulty, and genres.

New Features
    Rhythm Guitar and Lead Guitar are separated
    Can use your own guitar and bass
    Pro Upgrades Are Standard
    Vs. Mode is Back
    Complete Customization (Design your own clothes, drums, band style, and more)
    More on band style and clothes...
    If your band has death metal style your character should be able to have long hair, be able to headbang, and have darker more casual clothes.
    If your band has a pop punk style your character should mave more modern day, "One Direction" hair, skinny jeans cuffed above the ankle, a vest, and skinny tie.
    Guest bands... such as Blink-182, Rage Against The Machine, The Cure, etc.
    All instruments can be played together in any mode.
    Almost realistic drums (double bass standard and realistic hi hat)
    Vocals should note whether or the singer needs to be a female, male, or both.
    Blitz will be a mode on RB4 disc.
    The Beatles: Rock Band will be exportable
    Complete Edition (Ships with all standard instruments)
    Master Edition (Ships with all pro instruments and game)
    Playable on Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX 720
    Rock Band World will be displayed instead of leaderboards

P.S. The genres in Rock Band now are off, so in Rock Band 4 the artist genre will be their actually genre. (Example: Lamb of God on Rock Band now is metal on RB4 it would be Death Metal)
    Here are some ideas for RB4.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4923933 said:

On a side note, I'm all for it. The only thing I'd want, aside from a fun game to play is backwards compatibility with the instruments. I don't wanna pay out for another band kit when I already have one.

Yeah, launch was pretty bad too. I went to pick up RB3 close to opening time (central London) and there were only a couple of copies of the game on its own and 1 pro keyboard bundle in contrast to many copies of Green Day Rock Band being available at launch a few months earlier. I then knew the end was near only to be saved by the instrumentless Rock Band Blitz.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2012
    KingsDimension;4923953 said:

That's a list of tall orders, friend. Pretty sure the first four are likely never to happen (HMX has already talked about most, if not all of those, I believe). Even though I'd approve of most of the rest, many of them probably wouldn't happen (Beatles:RB export, charting double bass and hi-hat; extremely unlikely)
    edited November 2012

P.S. The genres in Rock Band now are off, so in Rock Band 4 the artist genre will be their actually genre. (Example: Lamb of God on Rock Band now is metal on RB4 it would be Death Metal)

I doubt they will do that, I know a lot of bands that everybody place a different genre on them, and even the band itself don't really know in which genre they should be put in. Especially in metal. Also, not entirely sure that Lamb of God is actually Death Metal, see my point?
    edited November 2012
    grumblevolcano;4923959 said:
    Yeah, launch was pretty bad too. I went to pick up RB3 close to opening time (central London) and there were only a couple of copies of the game on its own and 1 pro keyboard bundle in contrast to many copies of Green Day Rock Band being available at launch a few months earlier. I then knew the end was near only to be saved by the instrumentless Rock Band Blitz.
    A little bit doom and gloomy, no? It's not dead yet :P

Where did you buy yours? I managed to get mine at the Oxford Street HMV, and they still had a fair amount of RB3 stuff left. Not a lot of beatles/green day/others in sight.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Fix the trill lanes. Those have broken my combo countless times. I'm looking at you Tuesday's Gone!
    edited November 2012
    CAL022;4924014 said:
    Fix the trill lanes. Those have broken my combo countless times. I'm looking at you Tuesday's Gone!

It's even worst on pro keys, trust me. :| (Yes, talking about that song too.)
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Personally, I'd like to see a RB 4 on this generation of console, but whatevs. In order for a next RB to even be necessary it would have to offer something you can't already do in 3. What would that be? They may have actually done too good of a job with RB 3. At any rate, I agree with those that say ADVERTISE! Seriously. It is a shame how many people I've come across who a.) don't even know RB 3 even exists, b.) are completely unaware of pro even if they DO know RB 3 exists, or c.) think RB was axed right along with GH. Every single game store attendant I've spoken with (RE: lots) claims RB is no longer being made, is done, is no longer being supported; is essentially completely dead. What reason do they or the gamers who shop there have to think otherwise? Nothing on the shelves, no signs, nothing. Out of sight out of mind.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4923790 said:
    Totally agree! Also, the animations should be more like RB2 where the characters are more lively and full of energy.
    Am i the only one who never watches the animations?
    edited November 2012
    Dangimarocker;4924062 said:

yes?
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4924063 said:
    yes?

Doubt it, thinking there's a lot worse happening than a characters animation glitches.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Dangimarocker;4924062 said:

No.
    edited November 2012
    Dangimarocker;4924064 said:
    Doubt it, thinking there's a lot worse happening than a characters animation glitches.

just kidding :p
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4924012 said:
    A little bit doom and gloomy, no? It's not dead yet :P

Where did you buy yours? I managed to get mine at the Oxford Street HMV, and they still had a fair amount of RB3 stuff left. Not a lot of beatles/green day/others in sight.

I meant as in back then, it saw so many bad events happening such as HMX getting sold (bad because it meant RB3 was rushed), the end of GH, etc. Currently I think Blitz has gained enough interest for RB4 to work well with the new consoles provided HMX advertises enough (like they've done with DC).

As for where I bought it, GAME Oxford Street as I prefer their reward card system.
    edited November 2012
    grumblevolcano;4924071 said:
    I meant as in back then, it saw so many bad events happening such as HMX getting sold (bad because it meant RB3 was rushed), the end of GH, etc. Currently I think Blitz has gained enough interest for RB4 to work well with the new consoles provided HMX advertises enough (like they've done with DC).

As for where I bought it, GAME Oxford Street as I prefer their reward card system.

I figured that was what you meant.

I didn't even know GAME were selling RB stuff. I've never seen those games in store. I struggled getting Rocksmith from them on release day. HMV came through again.
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4924078 said:
    I figured that was what you meant.

I didn't even know GAME were selling RB stuff. I've never seen those games in store. I struggled getting Rocksmith from them on release day. HMV came through again.

My local HMV didn't have a single copy of Rocksmith at all (I was on a weekend away in London when RB3 came out).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    DonMoney;4923778 said:

- more hip-hop and pop to entice people who buy RB simply for it's ground-breaking vocals mode (far superior to the SD flakiness of SingStar). I don't care about the hip-hop-haters: the Snoop Dogg and Gorillaz tracks are popular and fun on karaoke, plus the newly remixed band parts make the old Snoop tracks feel fresh.

I would say maybe one or two Hip-Hop/Rap tracks on disc at most. The reason being is that Rock Band is more than a singing game. With the instrumentation added to the Snoop Dogg tracks, most rap would be dull on instruments, and realistically the costs for an artist to rerecord a song is still rather expensive, especially if it's specifically to get a guitar solo in there.

I get that you want the "Ultimate Rock Band." I understand. I too would like most of this. But let's be realistic, this is a lot to ask for. Say you're the head of Harmonix, and you had to choose between focusing all of your money on a series that is really selling well (Dance Central) or a series that is still doing decent, but isn't selling what it used to five years ago (Rock Band). Which would you choose to dump money for features and special artists into? Keep in mind that it isn't just sales and money, but also the jobs of your employees, the cost of hiring more workers, the difficulty of finding workers who'd want to work on Rock Band instead of, say, Call of Duty or Halo, and the personal interest of certain bands (Charlie Daniels is still pissed at Guitar Hero and will most likely not want anything to do with another video game, for example). There's more to it than "Let's make the best game EVAH!"

Would like to make a correction: Lamb of God is not death metal. They are groove metal.
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4924066 said:
    just kidding :p

Sorry Jibs i was a grouch this morning :'(! *hugs forum friends* :)!
    edited November 2012
    grumblevolcano;4924089 said:
    My local HMV didn't have a single copy of Rocksmith at all (I was on a weekend away in London when RB3 came out).

I suppose I/we got incredibly lucky with picking up RB3 on release day. As for rocksmith, I guess they only really focused on big cities, and expected everyone else to order online.