Creators Rock Band in Europe?

thelogyrothelogyro Unsigned
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, not sure if that's the right place to post, but i want to know if there is a creators rock band website for europe. As far as i know, only US members can publish songs on the network.

Comments

• HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    There is not. We really wanted to make the RBN available in more countries, but the legal complications involved with expanding into another country were huge, and we have consequently not done so. However, if you partner with a US-based authoring company, you may be able to submit music by proxy.
  • thelogyrothelogyro Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    ok, thanks for the response..
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    HMXLachesis;4924602 said:
    However, if you partner with a US-based authoring company, you may be able to submit music by proxy.

This is something we do, for the record...
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2012
    What if folks abroad want to author? This becomes a trickier proposition since XNA requires a US (or corresponding region) credit card or some sort of redemption code which I don't think can be purchased at Wal-Mart, for example.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    LoopyChew;4925148 said:
    What if folks abroad want to author? This becomes a trickier proposition since XNA requires a US (or corresponding region) credit card or some sort of redemption code which I don't think can be purchased at Wal-Mart, for example.

More importantly (from my perspective), it's not legal. Creators.rockband.com membership is legally restricted to US residents only.

The legalities around the RBN are seriously complex (http://creators.rockband.com/site/programTerms). Expanding into other countries would have increased that complexity exponentially. As a result, the only approved way for international authors to participate in the RBN is via a US-based authoring proxy.