Okay, okay, it could just be a rumor...

...AH, JUST READ THE STUPID THING HERE--
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

....so...

...How does this make you feel?..

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    Why not post this in the current Star Wars Disney thread?

Also, sounds just like Disney. Can't wait to rip these movies a new one once I see 'em!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited November 2012
    They're altering the deal.
    edited November 2012
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2012
    He always said he'll be back. Wait that was the Terminator. Why!?
    edited November 2012
    You know, if Vadar comes back as a villain, that pretty much destroys the themes of Episode Six on good vs. evil and retribution. Vadar at the end did turn into a "good guy" and kill off the Emperor. If he's a villain in the next film, I will be pissed.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited November 2012
    If this movie doesn't cover the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, i'm going to be disappointed. Star Wars already has a colorful Expanded Universe and there's no need to throw in additional tripe like Vader's resurrection, unless it's an entirely different person adopting the Vader Sith name.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2012
    I hope it's not true. I think it would be very hard to get Hamill, Ford and Fisher back on track too.

And yeah, there's already boatloads of Star Wars cannon they could go off rather than trying to regurgitate the same old stuff.

And one of the quotes claims "He’s (Vader's) an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible.” Seems like the perfect reason to not make another movie at all.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4924914 said:
    Why not post this in the current Star Wars Disney thread?

Because all arniejolt ever does is post threads.

I don't think he even plays Rock Band.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    this is bad news. my worry with Disney taking over is that they would go way outside the box on some **** and dilute some of the aforementioned qualities that the original films brought to the franchise. They should stick to the main Star Wars canon and, as I said in the other Star Wars thread, would be good to be faithful to the story lines that some of the Star Wars authors developed.

Darth Vader is part of the force now. Leave him there and bring him back as one of those Force apparitions only.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I'm more disappointed than angry. They have carte blanche with one of the most diverse and famous universes ever created, and the first thing they want to do is bring back a villain who not only redeemed himself but also, you know, died? Talk about unoriginal.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I know Star Wars is a Science Fiction franchise, but bringing Vader back would be bs.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited November 2012
    Lucas already ruined the concept of "The Force" by bringing up midichlorians in Episode I. Leave it to Disney to ruin the concept of retribution, death and coming back as a good guy apparition at the end of Episode VI.

Honestly, I think I'm one of the few people who hopes for an original story involving Luke's son to continue on the theme about the sins of the father and the affect it has on the son. Hell, there's even the thread of wise mentors being father figures. Luke, being the last Jedi, could train a young padawan that ends up falling to the Dark Side (hence, the cycle continuing).
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    a reimagining or reboot of the franchise--a la Batman and now Spiderman--is not necessary. they REALLY should take the books and adapt them for the big screen. We've already gone through the prequels. Shooting sequels from the books (Bakura, the Thrawn and Admiral what's-her-name trilogies, etc) would be an opportunity to get the franchise back on track after the prequel disasters.

only issue of course is trying to use the same actors, who have aged. but then of course the characters age as well.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    Control, control. you must learn control! Of your licenses.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    eh, probably just clones
    edited November 2012
    M_Robbins5;4925053 said:
    I know Star Wars is a Science Fiction franchise, but bringing Vader back would be bs.

Oh, I love the writer's comment, "People have to realize it's Science Fiction."

That's no excuse to do something like this.

"It's fantasy, so let's revive Sauron and have him make a new ring. Perfect!"
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4925395 said:

Honestly I think it's stupid when they use the "it's Science Fiction" excuse to bring back a character that was dead. It's one of the things that annoys me most about Science Fiction movies.
    edited November 2012
    M_Robbins5;4925424 said:
    Honestly I think it's stupid when they use the "it's Science Fiction" excuse to bring back a character that was dead. It's one of the things that annoys me most about Science Fiction movies.

It's one of the worst things you could ever do to a series. That and introduce a racist comic relief character. And since they have already done that, they must have figured "what the hell" and decided to f*** everything up.
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4925395 said:

INDEED! No one expects movies to act like real life, but they should at least follow the rules they set in their own universes. Don't people stay dead when they die in Star Wars?
  • DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    It would be cool of the Emperor had knowledge of the Force to bring himself back. But Vadar is dead and needs to stay dead.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    It's science fiction, but not soap opera.
    edited November 2012
    DAMdude;4926419 said:
    It would be cool of the Emperor had knowledge of the Force to bring himself back. But Vadar is dead and needs to stay dead.

The Emperor does actually bring himself back in the books. He cloned himself before he died.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    M_Robbins5;4925424 said:

If you must blame anyone, blame the guy(s) who wrote The Death and Return of Superman. They opened the door and it shows no sign of closing any time soon.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    My first reaction to ressurrecting Vader was "HELL NO!! That's stupid!" But then I thought more about it and realized that since the concept of cloning was introduced in the prequel (in fact Fett was a clone), it could be a possability since cloning would have, I assume, been strictly under Palpatine's control. Making sure he could bring back his prize Sith may have occured to him and DNA sampling could have easily occured while Vader was being suited even without Anakin/Vader's knowledge of it. If Disney went with a clone they could use an unsuited Vader and get Haiden to play the part as well. That could actually be interesting, I think.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Guys, this movie is in good hands. Michael Arndt of Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine is screenwriting episode VII. And VIII and IX are being written and produced by Simon Kinberg (xXx, Date Night, X-Men: First Class) and Lawrence Kasdan (Episodes V and VI, Raiders of the Lost Ark).

I hate when people turn down new Star Wars stuff just because it's new Star Wars. Yes, they might have done things the fans didn't enjoy, but that happened with James Bond too, and instead of just stewing about it, people ignored the bad stuff and appreciated the good stuff. I don't see why people can just do the same with Star Wars
    edited November 2012
    Because Jar Jar and The Phantom Menace
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4932311 said:
    Because Jar Jar and The Phantom Menace

Well, we all know The Golden Gun happened, but we don't let it dampen our love of Skyfall
    edited November 2012
    I hope they don't use CGI for this one. The prequels overdosed so much on the special effects that they forget to put in the substance that the Holy Trilogy had in abundance. I think it's pretty funny that the original three films look far more realistic (IMO) than the new ones. Uncanny valley to the extreme, right?
    edited November 2012
    No CGI? At all? Imagine any movie from the past 15 years without CGI. It would suck. It would destroy the immersion and limit the possibilities of what could be done in the movie