Another export question

pascalywoodpascalywood Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
Hi, I just bought RB1 on PS3 so I can export the songs to RB3. I read that I have to buy the export key on PSN. I cannot seem to find it in the store and the search function on the PS Store is useless.

Can someone tell me where to look for it? Is it in RB1 or RB3?

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2012
    PSN store - games - add ons - Music tracks - Rock Band.

Select sort to A-Z.

Now scroll down to Rock Band Song Export Key.
  • pascalywoodpascalywood Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    It worked, thanks alot Lawdog!
  • drs3991drs3991 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I followed the steps you did to go through the PSN Store. Did they remove it? Rock Band didn't come up as one of the games i could choose add ons for it was only Rock band 3.

Thanks for your help.
  • SleepingMooseSleepingMoose Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem as drs3991. I cannot find an export key at the PS3 store. I went to the add-ons through two different methods but can't find it. If I go through Games/add-ons/music I can't find it. If I go through the search function to find Rock Band (RB1), and scroll through all the add-ons I can't find it either. Please help me locate it.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    How odd, maybe Hmx pulled the plug on it?
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I just searched the store myself because I was curious about this. The new store sucks bad, they indeed removed all RB1 dlc, but the RBN1.0 are still there. WTF? Probably a problem with the new update. Man, why did they remade entirely this shop, the old one was WAYYYYYYY better, it was way easier to find stuff. The new store is a mess, really.
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4932181 said:
    I just searched the store myself because I was curious about this. The new store sucks bad, they indeed removed all RB1 dlc, but the RBN1.0 are still there. WTF? Probably a problem with the new update. Man, why did they remade entirely this shop, the old one was WAYYYYYYY better, it was way easier to find stuff. The new store is a mess, really.

The RB1 DLC is still there just in an annoying place. Search Rock Band> click on Rock Band> add-ons The new store is tons better than the previous, which i could barely read it was that bad. The only thing missing is the RB1 Export Key, i can still get it from my download list, not in the store where it should say purchased

Bring it to the attention of the PS store support, not Hmx. They dont control how the PS store is displayed. All Sony has to do is add in the missing items and a Rock Band menu for old content.
    edited November 2012
    ASPMike;4932437 said:
    The new store is tons better than the previous

You can't even use the keyboard to search. And searching manually through the menus is more of a pain than it was before. I don't know how this store is better for you.
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4932485 said:
    You can't even use the keyboard to search. And searching manually through the menus is more of a pain than it was before. I don't know how this store is better for you.

I have a small amount of sight problems. That old menu was horrendous, small font plus bright blue and white letters. I could barely see things
    edited November 2012
    ASPMike;4932562 said:
    I have a small amount of sight problems. That old menu was horrendous, small font plus bright blue and white letters. I could barely see things

Yeah but it didn't took 30 mins to find something when you browse it. :| I don't mind the font or the colors, I couldn't careless about this, it's just the whole design, makes it hard to find things, or even just browse it. The old shop was just fine, and I'm not the only one to think that frankly, I see alot of people on my friendlist with ''Burn the new PS Store'' or similar things as comments, lol.
  • royjordanroyjordan Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Has this issue been resolved? I am a complete PS3 noob, but I can't find where to buy export licenses for RB1 or 2. Thanks.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    The RB2 export is done within RB3, and it just a pack you buy after entering in the code on the back of your RB2 manual. Should be no problem there. The RB1 export key is still a mystery though.
  • lennon_berserklennon_berserk Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I've got this problem too.
    I sent the problem to Support Sony PS Store and they have not solved anything and told me to contact here and here everyone wondering "where's the export key"

Someone solves this ****, because I want to play the songs from RB1.

And one more information, the song "bark at the Moon" single, also did not think to buy in this new crap Ps Store

Without further Thanks
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    lennon_berserk;4937335 said:
    I've got this problem too.
    I sent the problem to Support Sony PS Store and they have not solved anything and told me to contact here and here everyone wondering "where's the export key"

Someone solves this ****, because I want to play the songs from RB1.

And one more information, the song "bark at the Moon" single, also did not think to buy in this new crap Ps Store

Without further Thanks

Bark at the moon was not released as a single, it is only available when you buy the whole pack.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2012
    Alternity;4932570 said:
    Yeah but it didn't took 30 mins to find something when you browse it. :| I don't mind the font or the colors, I couldn't careless about this, it's just the whole design, makes it hard to find things, or even just browse it. The old shop was just fine, and I'm not the only one to think that frankly, I see alot of people on my friendlist with ''Burn the new PS Store'' or similar things as comments, lol.

This, the old shop was the way to go for sony. They lost me with this new store.
    I was just switching back over to sony because their releases are better (like on demand games), but my god is that new store confusing and have horrific organization.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Dangimarocker;4937359 said:
    This, the old shop was the way to go for sony. They lost me with this new store.
    I was just switching back over to sony because their releases are better (like on demand games), but my god is that new store confusing and have horrific organization.

The only thing i like about the new store is that you can add dlc to the shopping cart and then click to download them all at once but the filtering options on the pal based stores suck compared to the ntsc ones. I presume that if i was to use the ntsc based store i would like it but as it stands now for pal users it's crap.
    edited December 2012
    Dangimarocker;4937359 said:

Not really, if people remember in order to update the old shop they needed to update the systems firmware. Now that they dont have to, updates and fixes to the store will come tons faster. Still for me, as i already said, I couldnt see half the old store. Im pretty sure needing to be 2 feet from my TV screen shouldnt be a requirement for using it.
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if anyone knows if the responsible for this error is already working to fix it, I need the song export key, I have the Rock Band 1 and credits to buy, just missing the damn add-on.

This is a serious problem are losing money during this period in which withdrew the export key, if they did this on purpose are very stupid.
    edited December 2012
    Anyone know where I can complain about that? Already tried the Sony and they said it was not with them, and spoke to me complain about here, however, here I do not know where to complain.

Someone in authority must know this error to fix it fast, do not want to be without the songs from RB1 and I believe that many people still want to export the songs.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    lennon_berserk;4938531 said:
    Someone in authority must know this error to fix it fast, do not want to be without the songs from RB1 and I believe that many people still want to export the songs.

Most people who want the export already did it, considering it's been available for four years.
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet?
  • hrvstrofsorohrvstrofsoro Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Jace: Hi, my name is Jace. How may I help you?

Adam: I am having trouble locating the Rock Band (original) song export key

Adam: in the store I can find all of the songs, but no export key

Jace: I see, Adam. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.

Adam: would you be able to help me find it

Jace: Please wait while I research this for you.

Jace: Unfortunately, you will need to contact MTV games / Electronic arts. Here is a link to the Rockband website where you can contact their support http://www.rockband.com/

Jace: You can reach Electronic Arts at 650-628-1001. You can also reach Harmonix at http://www.harmonixmusic.com
    edited December 2012
    Well, FWIW, I submitted the following question via the EA website...

There used to be an option in the Playstation Store to purchase the export license for Rock Band 1 for $9.99. That option no longer seems to be there, leaving those of us who have recently purchased a PS3 along with the various RB titles no way to import the RB1 tracks into RB3. Can you suggest a solution? Sony has said that it is not their issue but needs to be addressed by you or Harmonix.
  • SleepingMooseSleepingMoose Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I emailed Harmonix regarding this issue and got this response a week ago.

"This is a known issue and our developers are working on a solution they hope to have implemented shortly. I'll let you know as soon as the issue is fixed!

Keep rocking,"
  • Dark-Zenith90Dark-Zenith90 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Well I'm new to forums but I have had this problem as well...and as of today they still dont have their fixes implemented as mentioned above...i've serched the store for hours and no RB1 Export Code key or what not. One could guess it will take a week or more for them to solve this, but i hope when its solved someone will post something on here...
    I'll say the least that i'm rather frustrated by this whole thing...not gonna get back those fruitless hours of searching -_-
  • Geekster42Geekster42 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    There is a page on the Harmonix FAQ reserved for this issue. http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=374&hitOffset=10+9+7+6&docID=640

There's no information just yet but I'll be refreshing that page and this thread as often as I can. ;)
  • FlyingFerronFlyingFerron Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    peterock2007;4938537 said:
    Most people who want the export already did it, considering it's been available for four years.

I'm having this problem now not because I haven't bought/exported Rock Band 1 yet, but because my PS3 harddrive died out like last week and need to download it again. =(
  • FlyingFerronFlyingFerron Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Lol, I feel dumb. I just found it in my download history list. Must've just overlooked it. =P
  • NukMastaNukMasta Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Paying customer, Own an export key on xbox but not on psn. Can we please get this problem solved!?!?! I spent so much money on this stuff and want to import my songs into rock band 3 eventually and download DLC that is missing but I can't do that and i know by the time its fixed the sale will be over, another screwed over loyal customer
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    NukMasta;4998147 said:
    Paying customer, Own an export key on xbox but not on psn. Can we please get this problem solved!?!?! I spent so much money on this stuff and want to import my songs into rock band 3 eventually and download DLC that is missing but I can't do that and i know by the time its fixed the sale will be over, another screwed over loyal customer

What? I'm confused what you are asking/saying. It sounds like from your first few sentences that you want your Xbox code to work on the PSN? ...or am I just misreading? Also, what does the RB1 export key have to do with buying any sale DLC?