List of pulled RBN songs?

C16C16 Unsigned
edited October 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Just as the title suggests. Any songs that were available at some point, but aren't any more at this point. I want to make a list of them.

Comments

• DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I remember back something about Ronald Jenkins or something with that similar name? I think he got them pulled because he wasn't getting paid.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Guitar Sound - Ronald Jenkees
    Revengers - Ron Wasserman
    Footloose and Fancy Free - Bill Bruford's blahblahblah
    Tunnels of Vision - Sear Bliss
    A Fruit Fly in the Beehive - Gang of Four
    Juke Joint Jezebel - KMFDM
    A Drug Against War - KMFDM
    Calling Out - Engel
    Black Cloud - Scott Gehrett
    Atomic - Blondie*
    Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols*

Then I believe these have been pulled, as they no longer have song pages on Creators, but somebody would have to try and buy them to check (I own them all):
    Coat Rack - Ride Your Bike
    Giant Magnets - Desoto Jones
    All My Friends Are Crazy - 500 Miles to Memphis
    Forgot Love - Public Radio
    What Morning Brings - She Bears

* These can still be purchased, but will never be officially released (unless maybe HMX DLC).
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Adept - Ivory Tower

What happened to this song? I wasnt able to buy it before it got pulled.

Also,

Vanattica - Ready, Set, Stop

and probably a few others songs that would require deep researching.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    R.I.P. Guitar Sound

Though the fact that we got rid of the awkward borefest that is Juke Joint Jezebel can only be a good thing, even if the song itself is awesome.
    edited November 2012
    SideshowN;4925790 said:
    Adept - Ivory Tower

Also,

and probably a few others songs that would require deep researching.
    I didn't list these, because as far as I know they are still coming. I saw Ready, Set, Stop in review fairly recently.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    If you buy something like Blondie - Atomic from Xbox Live directly, will it still work in the game?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    samjjones;4925810 said:
    If you buy something like Blondie - Atomic from Xbox Live directly, will it still work in the game?

If it's still purchasable, it'll work in all 3 games, though there aren't leaderboards for it in Blitz.
  • ASPWolfeASPWolfe Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4925747 said:
    I remember back something about Ronald Jenkins or something with that similar name? I think he got them pulled because he wasn't getting paid.
    Please don't spread rumors that aren't true.
    SideshowN;4925790 said:
    Adept - Ivory Tower

Also,

Both of those songs are still coming.
    edited November 2012
    ASPWolfe;4925814 said:
    But it was true... I read somewhere on the forums he wasn't getting paid.
    DragoonXD;4925749 said:
    Guitar Sound - Ronald Jenkees
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    NightmareLyre;4925797 said:
    Though the fact that we got rid of the awkward borefest that is Juke Joint Jezebel can only be a good thing, even if the song itself is awesome.
    It's never, ever, ever a good thing when a song gets pulled with no sign of returning, least of all one of the top-selling RBN songs.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Didn't Bullet with butterfly wings by the smashing pumpkins go into playtesting a while back?

Also, does anyone know the tiers for bohemian like you? I'm tempted to pick it up
  • ASPWolfeASPWolfe Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4925830 said:

Just because it was on the forums doesn't mean it is true. I'm staring at the check stubs right now, I know he got paid.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4925747 said:
    ASPWolfe;4925814 said:
    I try not to get involved in discussions like this, but I don't want to let inaccuracies stand, either.

"Guitar Sound" was removed from the RBN at the request of Ronald Jenkees due to an author/artist dispute.

Any further discussion on this subject should be taken off the RockBand.com forums.
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4925837 said:
    Didn't Bullet with butterfly wings by the smashing pumpkins go into playtesting a while back?

Also, does anyone know the tiers for bohemian like you? I'm tempted to pick it up
    By pulled we mean it passed peer review and was purchasable at once point, Bullet With Butterfly Wings never got that far before EMI bailed.

And here are the tiers for Bohemian Like You: http://dlcquickplay.com/song/bohemianlikeyou
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4925830 said:

Vigorous standards you've got there. I keep a unicorn on my front lawn. You read it on the forums, so it must be true.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    DragoonXD;4925885 said:
    By pulled we mean it passed peer review and was purchasable at once point, Bullet With Butterfly Wings never got that far before EMI bailed.

And here are the tiers for Bohemian Like You: http://dlcquickplay.com/song/bohemianlikeyou

Ah ok. Wasn't too sure about that one so thanks for clearing that one up for me :)

As for bohemian like you, insta-buy. But that guitar chart is under tiered imo. Its the buddy holly of the RBN
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4925892 said:
    Vigorous standards you've got there. I keep a unicorn on my front lawn. You read it on the forums, so it must be true.

You don't have to be sarcastic about it. Yes, I should have worded that differently, I did sound kind of stupid.

Ok, so I was misinformed. There's a difference between spreading rumors and tell someone something based on what they think they know. Just because I'm wrong doesn't mean I'm lying or stupid. All you guys had to do was tell me, you don't need to be sarcastic and rude about it.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4926011 said:
    All you guys had to do was tell me, you don't need to be sarcastic and rude about it.

....but this is the internet.
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4926012 said:
    ....but this is the internet.
    Nah, I'd rather not think of the internet as a place where being rude to everyone is the answer.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    I wasn't being rude. You've got some awfully thin skin if you're taking offense at what I said.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4926022 said:
    I wasn't being rude. You've got some awfully thin skin if you're taking offense at what I said.

Sorry, it's just I'm just a little embarrassed that everyone seemed to be treating me like I was starting some sort of drama or something for having the wrong information. I'm a rather soft person. I seem to always make the mistake of thinking everyone is hating on/making fun of me, and you can blame my whole school life for that.

It's just that I can't seem to make a post on a thread without everyone treating me like an idiot. It's always the same thing over and over, for different reasons. I just kind of felt left out, and it's easier for everyone to insult me without them feeling guilty about it.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4926014 said:
    Nah, I'd rather not think of the internet as a place where being rude to everyone is the answer.

You haven't been here long, have you? That's pretty much what the internet was built for, you can't take it too seriously. :p
    edited November 2012
    Oscarvarium;4926051 said:

You haven't been here long, have you? That's pretty much what the internet was built for, you can't take it too seriously. :p

I'm not trying to. But it's kind of beginning seem like I've taken everything too seriously, and I don't find out until someone whacks me in the head and says they're just kidding. I can never tell if anyone's kidding, because the person tells me in text. I can't tell the tone of voice or if they're being sarcastic or not.

I feel like I'm kind of crowding this guys thread, so let's just think of pulled RBN songs, and I'll take my useless excuse for knowledge somewhere else.
  • C16C16 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Okay, so I put this list together based on what I found and your guys posts. If anyone wants to point out if any of these are still in the store, go ahead.

Rock Band Network

500 Miles to Memphis - All My Friends Are Crazy
    Adept - The Ivory Tower
    Benighted - Let the Blood Spill Between My Broken Teeth (2x Bass Pedal)
    Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Footloose And Fancy Free
    Blondie - Atomic
    Brian Kahanek - Gemini
    Desoto Jones - Giant Magnets
    Engel - Calling Out
    Engel - Calling Out (2x Bass Pedal)
    Gang of Four - A Fruit Fly In The Beehive
    KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
    KMFDM - A Drug Against War
    Public Radio - Forgot Love
    Ride Your Bike - Coat Rack
    Robby Suav
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    FYI, I would suggest making a distinction between songs that hit the stores officially and got pulled, never hit the official stores, and simply never made it out of testing.

Also, Party in the USA was never released in any way, the other 2 RB songs were at least officialy released before getting pulled.
  • C16C16 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Well, for me, this is a list of all of that, but noting the distinctions requires information I don't have. So someone would have to help with that. And Party in the USA was available, for around 30 minutes if old reports are to be believed, this one for example.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-217682.html
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Damn. I should have bought Guitar Sound when I could. Whatever.

The song I wanted the most among those is defenetly Bohemian Like You. I'd buy 5 bucks or more for that one. Sad thing, I'm on PS3.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    C16;4926100 said:
    Okay, so I put this list together based on what I found and your guys posts. If anyone wants to point out if any of these are still in the store, go ahead.
    Here's the RBN list, organized (based on blog posts and my own knowledge):

Pulled from the store:

[LIST]
    [*]500 Miles to Memphis - All My Friends Are Crazy
    [*]Desoto Jones - Giant Magnets
    [*]Engel - Calling Out
    [*]Gang of Four - A Fruit Fly In The Beehive
    [*]KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
    [*]KMFDM - A Drug Against War
    [*]Public Radio - Forgot Love
    [*]Ride Your Bike - Coat Rack
    [*]Robby Suav
    edited November 2012
    Is that Benighted 2x bass version not coming?
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Weren't we supposed to get Miss Tinkles Overture by Umphrey's McGee? I remember when 1348 was announced there was a video with it as the other song being worked on.

I would go nuts for more Umphrey's McGee