Official Discussion: DLC Week of 11/20: 6 Singles Spanning 6 Decades!

Comments

• KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Holy. S___ !!!!
    More NIN? I love you Harmonix. I would take even NIN's worst songs and play them above any other songs but this is amazing!

Thank you guys, I was getting tired of playin this on Guitar Hero, is about damn time!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Not Metallica or Muse, but a pretty hot week nonethless.

I thought we'd never see "The Weight (Live)" due to licensing hell, so yay for multi-lead vocal tracks.

I LOVE Mad Libs!

I want to _______ you like an animal.

(a) pet
    (b) eat
    (c) naughty word
    (d) ride
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Jessica - if i wanted this song, i'd probably buy it on Rocksmith instead. but i don't really want the song anyway.
    The Weight - so that 2-year-old leak was true after all.... i'll give it a listen and decide
    Melt With You - definitely
    Closer - definitely (yay censorship?)
    Crossfade - definitely not
    Dragonforce - definitely, definitely not
  • MrPersonMrPerson Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    The funny thing is that I was actually listening to Jessica right before the announcement came up.
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Great week, nice assortment of songs. Should be at least one track in there that will interest most people.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Holy ****, Jessica, I Melt With You and more Dragonforce - pure win Harmonix!! Happy Anniversary!

EDIT: And RBN brings St. Elmo's Fire - amazing week!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited November 2012
    The first three, I like.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    Oh wait, I recognize the NIN song too! I might even pick it up, which makes it a 4/6 week! I don't even hate the Dragonforce song, so maybe I'll buy that like YEARS in the future. The Crossfade song.. um, no thanks.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Great week except for Dragonforce and Crossfade, I'm glad it wasn't Muse
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    for those of you not too familiar with Dragonforce, this song is off their latest album, and they have a different singer than the one from the songs we already have in RB

IMO that changed Dragonforce in a good way. so if you weren't too big on it at least give it a listen ;)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2012
    Looks like four songs for me!

* The Band – “The Weight (live)” O X
    * The Allman Brothers Band – “Jessica” O X
    * Modern English – “I Melt With You” O
    * Nine Inch Nails – “Closer” O
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    Getting "Jessica", "Cold", "Closer", and "Cry Thunder".

4 weeks of nothing, followed by 4 songs in one week.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    A good week for Pro-players too. 5 key charts, and 2 pro guitar upgrades.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    rsm790;4927273 said:
    Great week except for Dragonforce and Crossfade

I've seen at least three other people who feel the exact same way. Harmonix, take note.

But, I mean... congrats to the fans! :D

And happy birthday, Rock Band!
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    So who the hell is Crossfade? I was a teenager in 2004 and knew most of the popular music of the time but I have never heard of them.
  • thegoochethegooche Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    HMX is giving me alot of Pro Keys goodness. I think this is 8 weeks in a row of purchases for me. Wheeeeeee!!!!!
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Closer is an insta buy. I Melt is one of those songs that I personally can't stand but will ask the friends I play with if they want it and The Weight reminds me of someone I haven't spoken to in a very long time so I kind of hate it for that reason. Excited about Closer though. The other three don't interest me in the slightest.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    grumblevolcano;4927252 said:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic week especially due to "Cry Thunder". The Power Within is such an amazing album.

At least that song is completely different from every other old Dragonforce song.
  • MithrasMithras Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Pretty impressive list of artists there HMX. Will prob grab all of 'em.
  • TommyWalker1237TommyWalker1237 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    JESSICA !! WOOOOO

Plus I'll probably pick up a couple others for use at parties, specifically I Melt With You.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Awesome diversity this week! I personally prefer weeks like this over 3+ songs by the same band. Definitely grabbing all but Crossfade and Dragonforce. Cheers!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4927279 said:
    I've seen at least three other people who feel the exact same way. Harmonix, take note.

Also quite a few people (including myself) that disagree with that sentiment re: crossfade and dragonforce. I encourage the variety. If only every week was so varied.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    2/6 for sure.

Have to listen to the rest.

Variety is good. :)
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Sayburr;4927276 said:
    Looks like four songs for me!

* The Band – “The Weight (live)” O X
    * The Allman Brothers Band – “Jessica” O X
    * Modern English – “I Melt With You” O
    * Nine Inch Nails – “Closer” O

Pretty much this. The Weight because I'm to the point of supporting most anything that hits the store from the 60's or 70's, Jessica for being an "oh, that song" moment, ME and NIN because I like both and I think the wife will absolutely plotz over either of them.

I didn't mind that Cold song in the preview, so I'll see how many in my online group pick it up.

Dragonforce is always a "Yeah, no thanks." All you devil tier difficulty nuts can have fun with that one.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4927281 said:
    So who the hell is Crossfade? I was a teenager in 2004 and knew most of the popular music of the time but I have never heard of them.

Youtube the song, you may recognize it. The band itself were not particularly huge.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I pulled into rockband com, I was lookin' for announcement thread
    Just another Friday morn, so I can hang my head
    "Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might spend his bread?"
    He just grinned and shook my hand and, "Yes", was all he said

Take a load off Henry
    Take a load for free
    Take a load off Henry
    And you put the load right in DLC

I picked up my Strat and I went lookin' for a place to hide
    When I saw Trent and the Allmans walkin' side by side
    And I said, "Wow, Modern English, I remember 'I Melt With You' ",
    And they said, "Well, not just that; 'Jessica' and 'Closer', too"

Take a load off Henry
    Take a load for free
    Take a load off Henry
    And you put the load right in DLC
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4927279 said:

At the risk of needing to put on my old man hat I add myself to the absolutely stoked about the first 4...and will be skipping Crossfade and Dragonforce. Still a 4 song week (5 with St Elmo's Fire) is pretty darned good these days.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I know it's only a twenty second preview, but the dragonforce song actually sounds like it would be fun to play, rather than auto-arthritis in 7 minutes. I'll be picking up at least 3 of the 6 :)
  • CrueHead871CrueHead871 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    WOW!! Very pleasantly surprised by this. The first 4 are instabuys for sure. Gotta give the others a listen though. Sad "St. Elmo's Fire" isn't on ps3, but hopefully that wont take too long. Happy Anniversary HMX!!! You all ROCK!!! Literally. Congrats on 5 AWESOME years! Could we possibly hope for 5 more??? Off to youtube I go. ... Crossfade was an "oh that song" moment. Will definitely be buying it. Dragonforce, I'm happy to say, was a nice surprise too. Not at all what I expected when I saw they're name in the announcement, and actually sounds very playable and not impossible. (with exception too the ridiculous finger tapping in the solo) Awesome week HMX, buying all 6!!!! HOO-RAAAAHHH!!! Is it ******* Tuesday yet???