DLC Prediction Thread 11/20/12

TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Well, since it's Thursday, 1 AM, and no one's posted it yet, might as well do it for once.
MagnetRP said:
Look forward to variety in next week's @RockBand DLC...
That's all we've got to go on for now, predict away!

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    If it weren't for that hint, I would have said:

Soundgarden 02

Hands All Over
    Black Rain
    Something from King Animal

But I dunno.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    TubaDude49;4926324 said:
    Well, since it's Thursday, 1 AM, and no one's posted it yet, might as well do it for once.

That's all we've got to go on for now, predict away!

Another hint: on the Livestream, they said it was something they are really looking forward into releasing.

I've heard some "rumors" about next week's DLC, but they seem a little too good to be true, so I'll predict...

Singles Week 11/20/12

Trivium - Shogun
    Styx - Come Sail Away
    Stormtroopers of Death - Milk

Because I'm bored.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4926335 said:
    I've heard some "rumors" about next week's DLC, but they seem a little too good to be true, so I'll predict...

Whoa, hurry up and share the rumors. How else are we going to get this hype machine moving?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited November 2012
    Tenacious D 01
    POD
    Rize of the Fenix
    Wonderboy
    c-murph;4926338 said:
    Whoa, hurry up and share the rumors. How else are we going to get this hype machine moving?

Hes done this before, its probably nothing.
    edited November 2012
    c-murph;4926338 said:

I would, but someone's been banned for mentioning them on WAYDRN.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4926341 said:
    I would, but someone's been banned for mentioning them on WAYDRN.

Oh. Well, then carry on. Nothing to see here...
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited November 2012
    We will get one song next week and that song will be:

Mike Oldfield - "Tubular Bells, Part 1"

25 minutes of instrumental goodness.

Reasoning: I watched "The Exorcist" the other night and it struck me that with the keyboards for Rock Band 3 that theme would be a blast to play. Not to mention, it's just a kick ass piece of music. That said, the only thing I see holding it back (apart from length) would be a lack of drums. But the guitar, bass and keyboard work in the song more than makes up for it.
    edited November 2012
    RockBandRocker;4926345 said:
    We will get one song next week and that song will be:

Mike Oldfield - "Tubular Bells, Part 1"

25 minutes of instrumental goodness.

Reasoning: I watched "The Exorcist" the other night and it struck me that with the keyboards for Rock Band 3 that theme would be a blast to play. Not to mention, it's just a kick ass piece of music. That said, the only thing I see holding it back (apart from length) would be a lack of drums. But the guitar, bass and keyboard work in the song more than makes up for it.

Why only part 1? Maybe part 2 as a separate song?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I'm thinking we get singles this week, but more than three. If it's the 5th anniversary, I think they've got something big up their sleeves.
    edited November 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4926346 said:
    Why only part 1? Maybe part 2 as a separate song?

Because my parents and extended family only ever played part 1 when I was younger (seriosuly, no family picnic or camping trip was complete without at least one play of Tubular Bells) and when our family got the CD all we ever listend to in the car was part 1 (track 1).

So I'm only familiar with part 1. I suppose I should check out part 2 sometime.
    edited November 2012
    RockBandRocker;4926350 said:
    Because my parents and extended family only ever played part 1 when I was younger (seriosuly, no family picnic or camping trip was complete without at least one play of Tubular Bells) and when our family got the CD all we ever listend to in the car was part 1 (track 1).

So I'm only familiar with part 1. I suppose I should check out part 2 sometime.

First time I listened to it in it's entirety I listened to both parts one after the other. It's just as great in the second half as the first.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Probably a three pack of something, since we got singles with the Green Day tracks. I've been on a DLC dryspell lately, so I'm hoping/predicting for some hard rock/metal, or if not, some 90s tunes. Maybe Sugar Ray?
    edited November 2012
    TubaDude49;4926347 said:
    I'm thinking we get singles this week, but more than three. If it's the 5th anniversary, I think they've got something big up their sleeves.

Dare I suggest the possibility that we'll get some songs from the album in your avatar?

I did watch a newer documentary about the making of the album that was on VH1 Classic (I think it was actually from the BBC originally) and it looked like the master stems were still intact.

A little song called "Love, Reign O'er Me" would be the best song HMX released all year (and they've released some good songs this year).
    edited November 2012
    BohemianMatt;4926353 said:
    Probably a three pack of something, since we got singles with the Green Day tracks. I've been on a DLC dryspell lately, so I'm hoping/predicting for some hard rock/metal, or if not, some 90s tunes. Maybe Sugar Ray?

The hint in the OP is that it's a variety. If it's a 3-pack, it'd better be a very varied band.
    edited November 2012
    RockBandRocker;4926354 said:
    Dare I suggest the possibility that we'll get some songs from the album in your avatar?

I did watch a newer documentary about the making of the album that was on VH1 Classic (I think it was actually from the BBC originally) and it looked like the master stems were still intact.

A little song called "Love, Reign O'er Me" would be the best song HMX released all year (and they've released some good songs this year).

I wouldn't object. Though I'd love to see "The Real Me" on Pro Bass.

EDIT: Wait a minute, that might make sense. There's a lot of variety in a guy with four personalities. It just might be Quadrophenia.
    edited November 2012
    TubaDude49;4926357 said:
    I wouldn't object. Though I'd love to see "The Real Me" on Pro Bass.

EDIT: Wait a minute, that might make sense. There's a lot of variety in a guy with four personalities. It just might be Quadrophenia.

The Who Quadrophenia Anniversary Pack

- "The Real Me" X
    - "The Punk And The Godfather"
    - "5:15" O
    - "Bell Boy"
    - "Love, Reign O'er Me" XO

To me, those are the 5 essential songs from the album we still need.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    RockBandRocker;4926354 said:

I'd rather have some of yours.
    edited November 2012
    Call me crazy. Call me deluded. Call me a dreamer.

What if the DLC to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Rock Band is Led Zeppelin?

Hear me out:

1. Recently, the concert film "Celebration Day" was screened in theaters and will be released soon on DVD (if it hasn't already). I read one of the interviews with the band about how come it took 5 years for the film of the concert from 2007 to be released and I believe it was Robert Plant who said "5 years is 5 minutes in Zeppelin time". Considering this is the 5th anniversary of Rock Band and Zeppelin is arguably the #1 band that's been requested since the game's inception (hell, they've even been requested going back to the Guitar Hero days) it makes sense since the band has a new release to promote.

2. "Kashmir" is featured in the trailer for next Monday's episode of NBC's show "Revolution". The show isn't that bad, apart from the fact it's on NBC. Anyway, it's mentioned in the trailer that the episode will feature the music of Led Zeppelin. Now, this might just mean "Kashmir" is used, but I think it's been well noted that Zeppelin is notorious for being strict about music licensing. Everytime they've been brought up on the forums, people always bring up how Jack Black had to beg the band for a song of theirs to be included in "School of Rock". Perhaps the band is loosening up in regards to licensing since they're letting a freshman show on NBC use their music.

If you want to see the trailer, here you go. It's a slightly extended trailer that mentions that Celebration Day album will be available for purchase on November 19th at the end. Coincidence? I think not.

I know in my heart that this predicition is all entirely off base, but there's some part of me that thinks that maybe the stars have aligned and we're about to see what was once thought impossible become possible. You gotta admit, within Zeppelin there's variety of genres with blues, folk, rock and (criticize me all you want) prog songs.
    edited November 2012
    RockBandRocker;4926358 said:
    The Who Quadrophenia Anniversary Pack

- "The Real Me" X
    - "The Punk And The Godfather"
    - "5:15" O
    - "Bell Boy"
    - "Love, Reign O'er Me" XO

To me, those are the 5 essential songs from the album we still need.
    Agreed
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I'm predicting it might be something special for the 5th anniversary... That's all I got. Aside from that, I'll play the killers card again. They're touring the UK at the moment so.... Yeah...

The killers - Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
    The killers - Somebody Told Me
    The Killers - Bones
    The Killers - Runaways
    The Killers - Read My Mind
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    something something something

reasons: because it's better than nothing. and everything doesn't seem reasonable.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Variety, hmmm?

So we'll probably have heavy metal (probably heavy kind, like Machine Head, Trivium or Opeth.. Now I Lay Thee Down seems reasonable)
    80s pop/rock (a really big hit, like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or Enjoy The Silence... or some hair metal, like Cherry Pie.. or the yet unreleased You Spin Me Round)
    90s pop/rock (Backstreet's Back, All That She Wants by Ace of Base... or if we're talking about rock, some long awaited Counting Crows hit, or What's Up by 4 Non Blondes.)
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Seems a lot of predictions forget the "big variation" part and focus a bit to much on the "can't wait to release it" part =P
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    Derek and the Dominos - Layla
    Erasure - Always
    Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
    Slayer - Angel of Death
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm we just got Dave Matthews Band...that could be a hint:

Eric Clapton 01
    Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
    Cream - White Room
    Cream - Crossroads
    Derek & The Dominos - Layla
    Derek & The Dominos - Bell Bottom Blues
    The Yardbirds - For Your Love
    Eric Clapton - Cocaine
    Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
    Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
  • RetrokaiserRetrokaiser Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Variety eh? I'm guessing 5 elements will be involved.

(Punk) Misfits - Die, Die my Darling or Buzz****s - (any song will do)
    (Classic Rock) Peter Frampton - Show Me the Way (Live) or Ray Charles - Gimmie Some Lovin'
    (Pop/Dance/Electronic) Daft Punk - Digital Love or Hadaway - What is Love
    (Jazz) Frank Sinatra - New York, New York or Norah Jones - I Don't Know Why
    (Rap/Hip-hop) NWA - Express Yourself or MC Hammer - Can't Touch This
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    "Seven Seas" - TNT
    "Indian Summer" - Beat Happening
    "Decades" - Joy Division
    "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    A bunch o' singles. Mix of returnees and new artists. Lots of people are going to be very pleased.

Plus some news about the future of Rock Band.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    samjjones;4926384 said:
    Plus some news about the future of Rock Band.

Good or bad?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    Marlboro;4926386 said:
    Good or bad?

Yes, it would be one of the two.

Also, I'm thinking we have to be getting more than three songs tomorrow. But how unlikely is that?