Question regarding RB2 and RB3

rdblackbrdblackb Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Forgive me for asking, it's been a long time since I've been on these forums. I never tried RB3, but still break out the RB2 during the holidays to play with my family during our little get togethers. I was wondering if they still offer DLC for RB?

Can anyone tell me if RB3 is worth getting, if you are a die-hard RB2 fan? Also, can you play your old songs from RB2 in RB3. Thanks everyone, and sorry to bring up questions that have probably been answered and discussed on here before.

Thanks!
Rob

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Current DLC is compatible with RB3 only. The last week of DLC which was also compatible with previous games (all DLC is compatible with RB3) was October 19, 2010. Stone Temple Pilots and Jimmy Eat World.

Everything that is playable in RB2 is playable in RB3 with seven exceptions:

"Battery" by Metallica
    "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC
    "Any Way You Want It" by Journey
    "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
    "Give It Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

are not exportable from RB2. However, the last two are available on the Rock Band Blitz setlist, and have RB3 features where appropriate.

Two previous DLC songs

"Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen and
    "Rock 'n Roll Star" by Oasis

are also unplayable in RB3.

RB3 adds basic and pro keyboards, pro drums, pro guitar and pro bass, and harmony vocals (where applicable) on all on-disc songs. Basic and pro keyboards, pro drums, and harmony vocals (again, where applicable, meaning when the songs themselves have them) are included in all RB3-era DLC. Select songs also have pro guitar and pro bass for an additional $1 charge.
  • rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited November 2012