Official Discussion: DLC Week of 11/27 - Carly Rae Jepsen and Marcy Playground!

edited December 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4929179 said:
Hey gang,

On November 27th, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” will come to the Rock Band Music Store. This upbeat pop track originally appeared on Jepsen’s EP, Curiosity and then later on her smash full length release Kiss, and reached the top of the charts worldwide! The single will be available alongside Marcy Playground’s breakthrough single, “Sex and Candy,” from the band’s self-titled 1997 debut.

Additionally, the controller-based rhythm-action of Rock Band Blitz is now on sale for Xbox LIVE Arcade for a limited time. From now until November 26th, players can pick up Rock Band Blitz for 600 Microsoft Points™, 50% off its regular price! Rock Band Blitz comes bundled with over 20 songs, and works instantly with any of the 3500+ Rock Band songs. Rock Band Blitz's songs are also immediately compatible and playable in Rock Band 3, where players can experience these hits as a full band, using compatible guitar, microphone, drum, and keyboard peripherals!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (November 27th, 2012):

* Carly Rae Jepsen – “Call Me Maybe” O

* Marcy Playground – “Sex and Candy” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 28th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Happy Early DLC Announcement Because Of Turkey Day!

Next week, if you're looking for some sex and candy, you can call me, maybe?

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    Is this version of Sex And Candy going to a be a re-record like in the other franchise?

'Cos I'm not a fan of that one at all.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    Call Me Maybe. Holy poop.

But still, only two? That's okay, I'll survive. The sale is STILL keeping my wallet busy, believe it or not.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Getting both! Not expecting a lot of others to do so.
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Hahaha, I'm buying it.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Giving "Sex and Candy" a listen now....
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    oh Sex and Candy is also in one of Weird Al's Polka

too bad it sounds like all the other 90s music I hate :(
  • JohnWafflesJohnWaffles Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    YES! Buying Call Me Maybe for sure, I don't recognize the other one.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I've never heard Call Me Maybe, only the chorus.
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Oh god, take it, take it all you monsters ... all my money that is.

Buying both, I can't wait to get drunk next weekend and fire up "Call Me Maybe," it's going to be glorious!!!
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Depressed about only 2 tracks this week, but happy that the spouse will get Call Me Maybe (she loves that song!).

I am happy about Sex and Candy, great song!
  • Gamer1270Gamer1270 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Call Me Maybe, yes! Sex and Candy, never heard of it!
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Cool, my daughter is going to love Call Me Maybe. :)
    edited November 2012
    I'm trying to figure out how you people enjoy Call Me Maybe

Also, I haven't heard the full song, but does it even have guitar? I know most modern pop either doesn't have guitar or it's not very prominent.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Lowlander2;4930651 said:
    Is this version of Sex And Candy going to a be a re-record like in the other franchise?

'Cos I'm not a fan of that one at all.

There's a re-record? Ruh-roh.

But I am slightly disappointed people don't even recognize Sex and Candy. Feeling old already. :/
  • edited November 2012
    All these people who have never heard Sex and Candy make me sad.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Call Me Maybe might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a huge song that I'm sure will sell very well. I'll be getting it, it's pretty catchy. Only 2 tracks but I like'em both so that means another good week for me.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930656 said:
    Giving "Sex and Candy" a listen now....

Ehh, it's k, I guess. Rainy-day list material.
  • RiffrockratRiffrockrat Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I like both of these songs. Will buy both.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Just kidding. Buying both. My daughter (who just turned 3) tries to sing along to the hook to "Call Me Maybe". It is sickeningly adorable.

So for $2, I'll buy this, video her singing it, and will have a memory that can be replayed forever. Thanks.
    edited November 2012
    Funny, that. The DLC that's been coming seems to be mimicking the only GH DLC I bought, which was as soon as 2112 was announced for RB last year.

Closer was one of them. Sex And Candy was another. There's every chance we'll get another Soundgarden pack soon, it might have Hands All Over in it.
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4930665 said:

Also, I haven't heard the full song, but does it even have guitar? I know most modern pop either doesn't have guitar or it's not very prominent.

Either none at all or the same amount that "Fireflies" had.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930674 said:
    Either none at all or the same amount that "Fireflies" had.

Ah. Well, I'm staying away from that. Hoping for a better week next week!
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4930666 said:

But I am slightly disappointed people don't even recognize Sex and Candy. Feeling old already. :/

"Sex and Candy" is on the "90's songs I used to hear all the time when hitting bars when I turned 21 playlist."

It's an essential! Now somebody figure out how to do something with "Flagpole Sitta".
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4930666 said:

In GH. They mimicked the song to the best of their ability, but they just sound old and out of touch and lame. I felt cheated when I bought it a year ago.

If it's the case here, HMX will have a hard time convincing me to get that same version again.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    This video sums up what I think of this DLC:
    [video=youtube;yg2u_De8j5o]

Sex and Candy - Never heard of it
    Call Me Maybe - NO!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Woah!

I'll probably get Call Me Maybe for parties. Pretty cool song for a good laugh.

First time I heard Sex and Candy. Pass on this one.

Minotaur Project on RBN, cool stuff!
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4930665 said:

There is TONS of guitar in it, just it's soooo very quiet that you can't hear it. No, I am serious. HMX has some major upping in the sound to do. The reason why everyone wants it is it's become a viral song where it's basically just like Friday.

Will be getting both. Call Me Maybe will be fun to laugh and sing along to.
    edited November 2012
    Remember. "Call Me Maybe" because

HMX

LOVES

US!!!
    edited November 2012
    Bummed about the RBN releases. Nothing there for me. I was hoping to see either "All Bodies" or "The Distance," if not both, since 30 days is up for them, but neither. Sadface =(
    Lowlander2;4930677 said:
    In GH. They mimicked the song to the best of their ability, but they just sound old and out of touch and lame. I felt cheated when I bought it a year ago.

If it's the case here, HMX will have a hard time convincing me to get that same version again.

Well, remember that GH had to get a rerecord of "Cult of Personality" and we got the real thing. So it might not be a rerecord.
    edited November 2012
    XtremeNights;4930680 said:
    There is TONS of guitar in it, just it's soooo very quiet that you can't hear it. No, I am serious. HMX has some major upping in the sound to do. The reason why everyone wants it is it's become a viral song where it's basically just like Friday.

Will be getting both. Call Me Maybe will be fun to laugh and sing along to.

Really? Hah. Well I wouldn't know because I'm never going to listen to the song for obvious reasons. But that sounds interesting, I'll certainly look at the tiers when it gets released.

But Harmonix has done "sound-upping" before to certain instruments so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.