Official Discussion: DLC Week of 11/27 - Carly Rae Jepsen and Marcy Playground!

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    Funny, that. The DLC that's been coming seems to be mimicking the only GH DLC I bought, which was as soon as 2112 was announced for RB last year.

Closer was one of them. Sex And Candy was another. There's every chance we'll get another Soundgarden pack soon, it might have Hands All Over in it.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4930665 said:
    I'm trying to figure out how you people enjoy Call Me Maybe

Also, I haven't heard the full song, but does it even have guitar? I know most modern pop either doesn't have guitar or it's not very prominent.

Either none at all or the same amount that "Fireflies" had.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930674 said:

Ah. Well, I'm staying away from that. Hoping for a better week next week!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4930666 said:
    There's a re-record? Ruh-roh.

But I am slightly disappointed people don't even recognize Sex and Candy. Feeling old already. :/

"Sex and Candy" is on the "90's songs I used to hear all the time when hitting bars when I turned 21 playlist."

It's an essential! Now somebody figure out how to do something with "Flagpole Sitta".
    edited November 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4930666 said:
    There's a re-record? Ruh-roh.

In GH. They mimicked the song to the best of their ability, but they just sound old and out of touch and lame. I felt cheated when I bought it a year ago.

If it's the case here, HMX will have a hard time convincing me to get that same version again.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    This video sums up what I think of this DLC:
    [video=youtube;yg2u_De8j5o]

Sex and Candy - Never heard of it
    Call Me Maybe - NO!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Woah!

I'll probably get Call Me Maybe for parties. Pretty cool song for a good laugh.

First time I heard Sex and Candy. Pass on this one.

Minotaur Project on RBN, cool stuff!
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4930665 said:
    I'm trying to figure out how you people enjoy Call Me Maybe

Also, I haven't heard the full song, but does it even have guitar? I know most modern pop either doesn't have guitar or it's not very prominent.

There is TONS of guitar in it, just it's soooo very quiet that you can't hear it. No, I am serious. HMX has some major upping in the sound to do. The reason why everyone wants it is it's become a viral song where it's basically just like Friday.

Will be getting both. Call Me Maybe will be fun to laugh and sing along to.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Remember. "Call Me Maybe" because

HMX

LOVES

US!!!
    edited November 2012
    Bummed about the RBN releases. Nothing there for me. I was hoping to see either "All Bodies" or "The Distance," if not both, since 30 days is up for them, but neither. Sadface =(
    Lowlander2;4930677 said:
    In GH. They mimicked the song to the best of their ability, but they just sound old and out of touch and lame. I felt cheated when I bought it a year ago.

If it's the case here, HMX will have a hard time convincing me to get that same version again.

Well, remember that GH had to get a rerecord of "Cult of Personality" and we got the real thing. So it might not be a rerecord.
    edited November 2012
    XtremeNights;4930680 said:
    There is TONS of guitar in it, just it's soooo very quiet that you can't hear it. No, I am serious. HMX has some major upping in the sound to do. The reason why everyone wants it is it's become a viral song where it's basically just like Friday.

Will be getting both. Call Me Maybe will be fun to laugh and sing along to.

Really? Hah. Well I wouldn't know because I'm never going to listen to the song for obvious reasons. But that sounds interesting, I'll certainly look at the tiers when it gets released.

But Harmonix has done "sound-upping" before to certain instruments so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.
    edited November 2012
    There is TONS of guitar in it

Not sure if serious.
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Harmonix, you know what's the only thing I like more than weeks were I'd buy everything?

Weeks where I'd buy nothing, so I have time to catch up.

And I have a lot of catching up to do, so thank you!
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I'm gonna pass on this...

The meme-song is horrid, and I was never a fan of Sex & Candy, especially the mix on GH was ****e
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    The thing is, it's just a bunch of chords if I recall. Maybe two or three different chord variations? Either that or there is chords mixed with a few single note strums. I think the guitar riff is mainly in the chorus.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2012
    Assuming Sex and Candy is the original version, buying both.

People not buying Call Me Maybe: Do you not have parties with girls at them?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930674 said:

It most definitely does. There's some pretty cool guitar hidden in the background of the chorus.

I know because the guitarist was rippin' it at the concert when I was like TEN FEET AWAY FROM HER.
    edited November 2012
    LoopyChew;4930689 said:
    Do you not have parties with girls at them?

I haven't had a party at my house for years. Or had anyone over for over a year, for that matter
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930682 said:
    Well, remember that GH had to get a rerecord of "Cult of Personality" and we got the real thing. So it might not be a rerecord.

True, there's every chance we'll get the original. But while the story of Cult Of Personality's rebelliousness in getting the master version has been told, the re-record of Sex And Candy just kind of ended up in our laps, leading me to believe it isn't any more complicated than "the masters are unattainable/broken and busted."

I could be wrong. I damn well hope I am.
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4930690 said:
    It most definitely does. There's some pretty cool guitar hidden in the background of the chorus.

I know because the guitarist was rippin' it at the concert when I was like TEN FEET AWAY FROM HER.

Songs are seldom played in concert precisely how they are on studio versions.

Although assembly-line teenpop might be the exception.
    edited November 2012
    XtremeNights;4930688 said:
    The thing is, it's just a bunch of chords if I recall. Maybe two or three different chord variations? Either that or there is chords mixed with a few single note strums. I think the guitar riff is mainly in the chorus.

Oh. This is exactly what I meant to say, only said far better.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2012
    The reason why everyone wants it is it's become a viral song where it's basically just like Friday.

The difference is that people listened to Friday and liked it because it was bad, with its lack of rhyme scheme or sense of meter. Call Me Maybe is a straight-up pop confection that can actually be enjoyed unironically.
    edited November 2012
    M_Robbins5;4930692 said:

That's very sweet :p

I can't wait for rock_starman to post his Zoidberg clip again, as if it's the slightest bit fresh.
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4930695 said:
    Songs are seldom played in concert precisely how they are on studio versions.

Although assembly-line teenpop might be the exception.

Yeah, I know. But if you listen closely to the studio version, you can hear it especially in the chorus.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4930640 said:
    You have GOT to be kidding me.

That's funny. MileyCyrus calling out Carly Rae week. lol.

Add the songs to the "so overplayed they are grating" list.
    edited November 2012
    LoopyChew;4930697 said:
    The difference is that people listened to Friday and liked it because it was bad, with its lack of rhyme scheme or sense of meter. Call Me Maybe is a straight-up pop confection that can actually be enjoyed unironically.

What of Gangnam Style? That just confuses the hell out of me.

I mean, I want it for RB, but that's beside the point.
    edited November 2012
    I know what "Sex and Candy" is now! Awesome! I just didn't recognize the title. I'm buying both of these, and I am quite excited about it.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2012
    Woohoo!!! Marcy Playground!!! This is wonderful!!!