Fundraisers for John-311's Medical Expenses

El_DestructoEl_Destructo Unsigned
edited December 2012 in Rock Band Events
311 super-fan, Rock Band forums user, and all-around awesome guy John Leslie suffered several strokes due to a blood clot in his brain and is currently in intensive care. He's stable and improving, but now faces weeks of therapy to regain his speech and movement.

His friends and family have created the John Leslie is Super Awesome Fundraiser to support him.

John has also been instrumental in launching and promoting Rock Band Tuesdays at Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade, and we're giving back with several fundraising events. We're planning a benefit concert for John at neighboring Backspace Lounge in December, and will be collecting donations at Rock Band Tuesdays in the meantime.

Please donate what you can, and help spread the word!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    John is a Grade A dude and has always been a pleasure to hang out with when we've met up with him at PAX and Ground Kontrol. Harmonix will be donating a bunch of gear to the Ground Kontrol fundraiser and I urge everyone who has read John's DLC write up, everyone who has met up with him at an event, everyone who enjoyed the 311 DLC and everyone involved with the RB community to do what they can to help him out.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4934819 said:
    John is a Grade A dude and has always been a pleasure to hang out with when we've met up with him at PAX and Ground Kontrol. Harmonix will be donating a bunch of gear to the Ground Kontrol fundraiser and I urge everyone who has read John's DLC write up, everyone who has met up with him at an event, everyone who enjoyed the 311 DLC and everyone involved with the RB community to do what they can to help him out.
    I literally have no money to give at the moment. Uni is crippling me :/ But I have retweeted it in the vain hope that more people see it. I really hope this fundraiser goes well.

Can we expect updates on it here? I'll give money if and when I can :)
  • SilentRobSilentRob Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I don't know him personally, but no one should have to go though that. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and hope he's doing ok!
  • sajidtoorsajidtoor Unsigned
    edited December 2012