Your least favourite song on the blitz setlist

MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I did a little rooting around the forums, and couldn't find a poll for this. If there has been, I apoloigise. Someone started this discussion in the livestream monday, so I just wanted to get everyones opinion on this.

One song, choose wisely :P

I Just realised I could only put ten options, so I've put in, what i think are, the most obvious choices and an option for other.

Comments

• NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Give it Away. Trash. Every time I've had to play it, I've turned the volume almost all the way down.

Moves Like Jagger is my runner-up.

By the way, I wouldn't expect this thread to last very long.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Yep, this thread will be closed soon. Personally, I think the Fun song is vastly overrated.
    Numskull;4931389 said:
    Give it Away. Trash.

Yikes. Out of curiosity, do you like any other Chili Peppers' songs?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Numskull;4931389 said:
    By the way, I wouldn't expect this thread to last very long.
    I didn't think it would. For clarity, I only started it as means of starting a discussion and get opinions, not to bad talk harmonix for their taste in music. I really liked the setlist, so i'm not voting :)
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    BohemianMatt;4931391 said:

Yikes. Out of curiosity, do you like any other Chili Peppers' songs?
    RHCP are what I call an "upkeep DLC" band. There's no way I'd buy the majority of their songs, but I do have several of them so I don't disappoint everybody if I end up in a band full of RHCP fans. (Thanks again for the half-price sale, Harmonix.) I'm not crazy about the ones I have but they are all vastly more tolerable than Give it Away, which I find obnoxious in the extreme.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Always, without a doubt. What Doesn't Kill You and Moves Like Jagger is at least so bad they are good, and I find Pumped Up Kicks and We Are Young to be merely boring, but Always... it's just plain annoying and obnoxious. I really can't stand his voice and the lyrics are something out of a Twilight level romance novel (IMO). The drums on it seems enjoyable though so I guess I will have to play it once to check that heh

Kids in The Street and Sing have grown on me even if I didn't like them much at first.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Are we talking in terms of quality or playability?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    Moves Like Jagger. My hatred for this song is multiplied by a ton with the fact that I like Maroon 5. This song just shows so little effort that it's insulting. We get it, Jagger rhymes with "swagger," but if you use that rhyme you ain't got none.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Numskull;4931395 said:
    RHCP are what I call an "upkeep DLC" band. There's no way I'd buy the majority of their songs, but I do have several of them so I don't disappoint everybody if I end up in a band full of RHCP fans. (Thanks again for the half-price sale, Harmonix.) I'm not crazy about the ones I have but they are all vastly more tolerable than Give it Away, which I find obnoxious in the extreme.

Please tell me you at least have "Tell Me Baby." Luuuuuurrrrrv that bassline.

Voted 'Other' on the poll, as it's a toss-up between "The Wicker Man" and "Jessie's Girl." Really can't stand either song at all.
    edited November 2012
    horsepastriesa;4931435 said:
    Are we talking in terms of quality or playability?
    Playability's already been covered:http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232404&page=2&highlight=Blitz+chart

This is literally based on personal preference
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    For me, it's probably a tie between "Raise Your Glass" and "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)". Though, "Sing" is also pretty bad. They're all lyrically extremely cliche and dull, but they're performed with such intense emotion, which just highlights how bad the lyrics are. That's always something that bothers me in music.

Someone argued earlier that "Moves Like Jagger" and "Stronger" are so bad they're good, and I kind of have to agree. "Stronger" is basically trying extremely hard to be "I Will Survive", and the sexuality of "Moves Like Jagger" is astronomically ridiculous, but they both benefit from being two of the catchiest songs in the game. "Moves Like Jagger" in particular is a bonafide earworm. I can enjoy them on a kitsch level.

I also agree that "We Are Young" is just boring.

BUT

on a less negative note: I genuinely enjoy "Pumped Up Kicks". I know a lot of people dislike it, but I think it's a pretty fun song.
    edited November 2012
    pelemerengue;4931466 said:
    I genuinely enjoy "Pumped Up Kicks". I know a lot of people dislike it, but I think it's a pretty fun song.
    It's my favourite on the set list. I've irritated my flatmates to the point of insanity just by playing it too much.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I chose other, because the only song I really hate from the setlist is "So Far Away". Just a terrible attempt at a ballad.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Shine... such a boring and annoying song... Spoonman is a close second

nothing else is close to those for horribleness
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2012
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited November 2012
    So Far Away.

Everything else is A-Okay.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4931448 said:
    Boom Lay Boom.

Thats not even a song!
  • jimmychoujimmychou Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    We. Are. Young.

This is literally the worst song I have heard in my life. The singer sounds like a ten-year-old girl, it's boring on every instrument, and I cannot gold star it on guitar no matter how many times I try.

Boom Lay Boom and Shout are second and third respectfully.

I didn't like Moves Like Jagger before the game, but it's so catchy it grew on me.

Always, Stronger, Shine were new favorites; I had never heard them before the game came out, but now I love them.

Spoonman, Give It Away, and So Far Away, however, were the only songs that made Blitz a day one purchase.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2012
    The game is too heavily reliant on vapid pop songs, but out of all of them, Stronger is easily the most aggravating.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, I don't think we really need a thread where we're all going to be negative nancies. Never ends well.
This discussion has been closed.