PETITION: Remove the coin system

expertwinSHexpertwinSH Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
The game would be much more fun if it didn't exist. Sign my petition and get the ball rolling/

Comments

• HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4932005 said:
    My opinion is that the coin system should be brought back to how it was before the changes.

haven't touched the game since

I agree....the coin system is pointless for me. I've got 650,000 coins now. It's way too easy to get them.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Oh and having the coin system the way it is now has made the goals worthless. I used to look forward to doing them and they had a purpose...now it's just oh yay, another 3,000 coins. Throw it on the pile.... *snore*
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I agree with lemonsquared and the OP and disagree with everyone else in this thread. The coin system should be removed entirely or not used for purchasing powerups. For a game that has a high element of luck, I am going to restart if I know that I will get no where near the score that I am going for when I am playing competitively. If I get screwed over by a flame note not spawning on time, why the hell should I finish playing the rest of the song? I'm gonna restart or just quit. Playing a song till the end just for coins is a waste of time.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Grind? If you follow a song all the way through you can break even or make coins. If HMX has to issue a patch it should be to add in an algorithm that has fixed spots on where powerups are. I hate the fact that one time a song will have them in the right spots and then the next run a flame note will go to keys so I won't see it for 2 more minutes or appear just before a solo so I can't chase it with bandmate without losing overdrive.
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Having to spend coins on powerups was a bad idea, especially when it's impossible to get to the top of the leaderboards without them. That said, after completing a few goals some weeks ago, I've never had to worry about coins again... I think I currently have about 400,000 or something.

I'd be all for either making all power-ups free and giving us something else to spend coins on, or just getting rid of coins altogether. Reverting back to the previous system where it was harder to get coins is an awful idea. I don't want to have to grind for coins and play songs without a full power-up loadout.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited November 2012
    Not going to happen.

It is fine how it is.
  • sealguysealguy Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I really think that the coin system should be nerfed then removed becasue getting coins is way to easy. 54,000 coin and the number only gets higher
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I laugh at this petition. There is no way in hell Harmonix is going to remove the coin system and people need to learn to live with it. I routinely restart songs if I get off to a bad start and I still have more than 200,000 coins.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited November 2012
    Here is how I see it going.

Forum whiner - "Remove the coin system its dumb and pointless and I dont like it"
    Harmonix - "Your requests have been heard and we are removing the coin system"
    FW - "YAY WE MADE A DIFFERENCE"

Fast forward a week

FW - "Blitz is boring now there is no reward to do good on a song. They should totally come up with a way to reward us for doing good on a song"
    HMX -"*sigh*"
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    If you hate it so much, don't play the game and switch to RB3?
    that's what i've been doing.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2012
    No, I won't sign the petition. Want to know why?

Because it's not like it matters. If you five star some enough songs to get a good amount of coins, it won't make a difference at all because as it is now you get way more coins than it takes to play a song when you five-or-gold star a song. I haven't needed to save coins since they made that update.

Wait, did I just sign the petition by making a comment disagreeing with the petition? DAMMIT!
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    Remove the prices on power-ups, spend coins on silly digital rock things on Rock Band World

This isn't an RPG and it isn't Farmville, so spending game currency to perform abilities doesn't make sense in a game where the gameplay is meant to be valued on skill and luck, not opportunity

If the point was to make runs matter, Harmonix should've just installed a three attempts per day policy on each song, or something more or less constrained. Removing the power-ups across all songs because you've run out of coins is terrible
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    HeyRiles;4932382 said:
    If the point was to make runs matter, Harmonix should've just installed a three attempts per day policy on each song, or something more or less constrained. Removing the power-ups across all songs because you've run out of coins is terrible
    Being unable to play a song more than three times per day would be vastly more terrible.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I think it would be better if you could buy other things with your coins.

For example, you could buy a Rock Band Blitz fancy schmancy avatar item for 150,000 coins. Or an Rock Band Blitz Premium theme for 90,000. Stuff like that.

All of these neat things that take virtually no effort on Harmonix's part, but give the voracious community something to chase after. Maybe even a Blitz-reward exclusive DLC track for a ridiculous cost, like a Freezepop or HMX Band track that Harmonix could license for a low cost.

The high coin counts would mean that players would need to play a LOT of new songs to keep gaining steady progress to their carrots, and encourages completion of goals on Rock Band World as well.

Sounds like a win-win, right?
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    When you get acclimated to the game and play a few dozen songs, coins aren't an issue at all.
    I have tens of thousands of coins and I use all power-up slots every time.

But if people are struggling to get any coins, HMX could deposit a few thousand coins into any account below a certain "coin bracket."
    They could also do what Blacklight: Retribution does and give 1000 coins to Facebook users who post a Blitz status.
  • Edfan1337Edfan1337 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    taylorlee;4932406 said:

For example, you could buy a Rock Band Blitz fancy schmancy avatar item for 150,000 coins. Or an Rock Band Blitz Premium theme for 90,000. Stuff like that.

All of these neat things that take virtually no effort on Harmonix's part, but give the voracious community something to chase after. Maybe even a Blitz-reward exclusive DLC track for a ridiculous cost, like a Freezepop or HMX Band track that Harmonix could license for a low cost.

The high coin counts would mean that players would need to play a LOT of new songs to keep gaining steady progress to their carrots, and encourages completion of goals on Rock Band World as well.

This. This x100

From what I see, the coin system seem to be really iffy. People either have way too many coins, or they keep running out. I, being in the former, usually go ahead and finish the song anyways, even if I know I won't beat the score I'm after. This (along with the occasional DLC pack purchase) kept my coin stash really high up there with nothing to do with it. It feels like another "Career Score" counter, but we already have Blitz Cred.

But for the people who are struggling with coins, it sucks the fun out of the game since they have to constantly grind short songs (If any statistics show, Charlene is probably the most-played Blitz track ever solely for this reason). I agree with taylorlee's idea to incorporate a bunch of cosmetic items for people to go after. Maybe even release new ones weekly to keep people coming back.

Come on HMX, we got an idea here!
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    taylorlee;4932406 said:

It is a win-win, but Microsoft/Sony want a win-win-win.
    MS and Sony put the content on their servers, and they want a cut of any profit, so free stuff from 3rd party developers is extremely rare.
    edited November 2012
    I just hit over 100 plays on They're Red Hot(feel free to try to beat my score at it too..)! I agree that coins shouldn't be used for powerups. If you have an excess of coins because you have a playstyle of never restarting, doing goals, buying and playing new songs all the time, you will have a crap load of coins and have nothing to do with them.

and I agree when HeyRiles about this not being an RPG. It's like I am grinding in this game more often then I am grinding souls in Dark Souls :p . If coins were used for cosmetic features and stuff, than that would be pretty cool. It was like that in GH2, GH80s, RB1,RB2..etc
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Well, weren't we complaining that the coin system before was bad and limited our power up use, and now we want it back?

We are never going to be happy. :P

Also, I'm more of a points system and a coin system, so I'm more of the guy who wants to get the top score. But, yeah the coin system seems kind of pointless, now. The Free DLC code was a good idea. Added some actual use to the challenges.
    taylorlee;4932406 said:

This sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see this. :D
    Tego1in;4932423 said:
    It is a win-win, but Microsoft/Sony want a win-win-win.
    MS and Sony put the content on their servers, and they want a cut of any profit, so free stuff from 3rd party developers is extremely rare.

You never know, they could make an exception. They are making money from a billion other apps and 4,000 RB DLC. I would imagine Harmonix and Microsoft and Sony could come to an agreement on this one. But, I would imagine Sony being Sony would just want to get paid some big amount of money before Harmonix does this, but that's just me being very worried about awesome stuff never happening.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    Numskull;4932393 said:
    Being unable to play a song more than three times per day would be vastly more terrible.

I would much rather have one song be limited so that I had the option to play other songs as well, rather than have every song limited because I can't pay the virtual bills to get the necessary power-ups
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    If you play new songs all the time even with a full loadout, you'd profit with a score as low as three stars. Combined with Rock Band World goals, this very quickly amounts to essentially unlimited attempts, or at the very least, a better scenario than not getting the gold star achievement because the game arbitrarily decided that you can no longer play Cult of Personality today.
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I would unquit this game if the coin system was removed. *signs*
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I don't seem to have any trouble. I have at least 15,000 coins and I always GS, so I don't even notice the coin system. Besides, what motivation would there be to complete goals without coins?
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    The changes that they made essentially did remove the coin system; I suck at the game and the coins keep piling up. If you always have enough for a full set of power-ups they're completely irrelevant.
    edited November 2012
    mikeyts;4932527 said:
    The changes that they made essentially did remove the coin system; I suck at the game and the coins keep piling up. If you always have enough for a full set of power-ups they're completely irrelevant.

Skill has nothing to do with the coin issue unless you have trouble GSing most songs. The coin issue would likely affect you more if you were highly skilled at the game, because the margin of error to get the scores at the level you are playing are far smaller. I can tell if I am going to fail at beating my score on So Far Away within the first 20 seconds of the song.(if the first flame note spawns before I have a chance to get overdrive then it's automatically a wasted run)

Also I just don't like how the goals are implemented it. I shouldn't have to go to Facebook just to select it and I can't even check my goal progress in the game. I'd honestly rather just play They're Red Hot like 5-6 times every session. Takes under 10 minutes to do and gives me like 3,000 coins and like 1k blitz cred very fast.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Maybe if Harmonix makes a Wii U port, Rock Band World could be displayed on the gamepad?!
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    zage1337;4932532 said:
    The coin issue would likely affect you more if you were highly skilled at the game, because the margin of error to get the scores at the level you are playing are far smaller.
    I'm sorry--how would it affect me? AFAIK, the coins are only good for buying power-ups and you'd have to be pretty damned horrible not to earn sufficient coins to buy a full load of power-ups. If you always have that, the coin system is invisible.

I've never paid any attention to the goals thing.
  • Jarr3tt88Jarr3tt88 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Theres sill a coin system? Oh you mean that number in the top corner that keeps RISING actually MEANS something?

I don't understand how ANYONE can have issues getting coins. period.

I'll sign a petition to put the game back how it was, because I liked it then. I was forced as a player to be part of a coin system thats in place that doesn't even matter. Thats not fun. Goals are pointless now, and those were fun to do.

Yay for whiners ruining games....oh no its TOO HARD! MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    Jarr3tt88;4932688 said:
    Yay for whiners ruining games....oh no its TOO HARD! MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME.

That's what the "tweak" did.