Pro Guitar Upgrades

ElementicianElementician Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Ok, so I know that you need Pro Upgrades in order to use them on Pro-G/B, but theirs a problem with these upgrades.

You and your friend have the same song downloaded, but only 1 person has the Upgrade you cannot play the song on Pro-G/B since your friend does not have the upgrade, which is ridiculous, they need to change this, cause its hard to play your Upgraded songs with other players if they don't have these, which makes you only be able to stick with the 83 RB3 Disc Songs:mad:

Comments

• peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933694 said:
    The bug is that people with upgrades cant play the songs with people without upgrades on x360 and apparently on wii. they can on PS3.

Which has no basis on this thread because you're the only one who mentioned that scenerio. Doubly so since the OP is Wii.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    peterock2007;4933711 said:
    Which has no basis on this thread because you're the only one who mentioned that scenerio. Doubly so since the OP is Wii.

This made me lol'd. Read that twice.

Also, informing people on the situation is a good move. Isn't what the forums are for?
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933719 said:
    This made me lol'd. Read that twice.

Also, informing people on the situation is a good move. Isn't what the forums are for?

Confusing a situation that contains a simple answer with an unrelated bug?
    edited November 2012
    peterock2007;4933725 said:
    Confusing a situation that contains a simple answer with an unrelated bug?

As far as I know, what I am talking about is exactly what the OP is talking about. What the hell are you trying to prove this time? lol
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933726 said:
    As far as I know, what I am talking about is exactly what the OP is talking about. What the hell are you trying to prove this time? lol

The Op is talking about not being able to play pro charts with people who don't own the pro charts. Which is working as intended, and not changing.
  • ElementicianElementician Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    well, in the case, a Pro Guitar/Bass is a useless instrument in RockBand 3, and Rocksmith then currently is better then rockband 3 for pro guitar, since people aren't gonna go buy upgrades just to play with Pro G/B's, so then the Pro Guitar/Bass is an Epic Fail.
    edited November 2012
    peterock2007;4933736 said:
    The Op is talking about not being able to play pro charts with people who don't own the pro charts. Which is working as intended, and not changing.

I was exactly talking about this. Oh god dude, from now on I'm just gonna ingore you.
    Elementician;4933738 said:
    well, in the case, a Pro Guitar/Bass is a useless instrument in RockBand 3, and Rocksmith then currently is better then rockband 3 for pro guitar, since people aren't gonna go buy upgrades just to play with Pro G/B's, so then the Pro Guitar/Bass is an Epic Fail.

That's kinda sad. I know it's working on PS3 but not on X360 and on wii, has HMX ever stated something about this?
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933740 said:
    I was exactly talking about this. Oh god dude, from now on I'm just gonna ingore you.

It is not. But suprisingly enough your reading comprehension has failed you yet again.

Anyone can play pro with anyone that has the charts.

You can't play pro charts if everyone doesn't own the upgrades. This is not a bug. and is working as intended.

You even said:

Alternity;4933458 said:
    It's a bug on xbox360 I believe. On PS3 it doesn't happen. I didn't know it happened on wii.

You can't play pro charts with someone who doesn't own them on ps3 either, or any system.

READ HIS POST AGAIN... He says that he can't play pro upgrades with those who don't own them.

Of course you can't that is working as intended. No system can.
    edited November 2012
    peterock2007;4933745 said:
    It is not. But suprisingly enough your reading comprehension has failed you yet again.

Anyone can play pro with anyone that has the charts.

You can't play pro charts if everyone doesn't own the upgrades. This is not a bug. and is working as intended.

You even said:

You can't play pro charts with someone who doesn't own them on ps3 either, or any system.

All right, you are right. I sincerly though he was talking about the ability to play the songs themselves that are upgraded with people that didn't upgraded them, no matter which instruments.

I just woke up. And english isn't my strongest language.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    Originally, you could play with non-pro owning people, they would just see a blank lane, not get unison bonuses, and the scoring would be screwed up. They patched it so you no longer can do this, likely due to a combination of technical issues (the aforementioned scoring problems) as wess as legal issues (folks not owning the pro chart getting the pro chart shown to them).

Pro guitar works just fine solo, and works just fine with folks who own protar DLC. It's a bit limited in online functionality, but it's still better than other games (no online or no pro style mode) anyway. Honestly, Pro-guitar is something I would expect is better experienced in solo just due to the difficulty.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Pro guitar would be useless if most people played online 100% of the time, or if every pro guitarist plays nothing else.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4933748 said:
    Pro-guitar is something I would expect is better experienced in solo just due to the difficulty.

Personally I prefer to play with people no matter which instrument I'm playing. You can find people with upgrades on DLCQP, or here.
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933753 said:
    Personally I prefer to play with people no matter which instrument I'm playing. You can find people with upgrades on DLCQP, or here.

For learning, I'd expect solo would be better. You can pause and resart as you need to without annoying anyone, and focus on songs you want. But different strokes for different folks.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

it's only useless for people who want to play pro guitar online, and it's debatable whether there's even a significant percentage who do.

i almost never play online, and being on PS3, if i did want to play online, there are plenty of other things on the PS3 that make online playing much more problematic.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4933748 said:
    Originally, you could play with non-pro owning people, they would just see a blank lane, not get unison bonuses, and the scoring would be screwed up. They patched it so you no longer can do this, likely due to a combination of technical issues (the aforementioned scoring problems) as wess as legal issues (folks not owning the pro chart getting the pro chart shown to them).

like you said, originally the people without the upgrades only saw blank lanes, not the pro charts. other people could not see the pro chart unless they had the pro upgrade installed. i don't think it was a legal issue, just a technical one. some people complained about the scoring, and when HMX "fixed" it other people complained because the cure was worse than the disease.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited November 2012
    ...to which a wise woman said, "Be careful what you b**** for, because you just might get it."
    edited November 2012
    tnevaker;4933785 said:
    like you said, originally the people without the upgrades only saw blank lanes, not the pro charts. other people could not see the pro chart unless they had the pro upgrade installed. i don't think it was a legal issue, just a technical one. some people complained about the scoring, and when HMX "fixed" it other people complained because the cure was worse than the disease.
    I'm pretty sure HMX said it was what they had always intended. I thought they mentioned it was a legal issue, but who knows. Licensing is hard.
  • ElementicianElementician Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    all I know is that I won't be paying for Pro Upgrades anymore if i can't play the songs with other ppl online if they don't have them purchased, that'd be pointless, i'll stick with what i've payed for alrdy and just play solo mode with what i've got when i wanna play Pro G/B
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4933804 said:
    I'm pretty sure HMX said it was what they had always intended. I thought they mentioned it was a legal issue, but who knows. Licensing is hard.

I can understand the legal issue, people pays for the tabs, those who don't pay are not supposed to see them. Pro keys is another story since they aren't as accurate as pro bass/guitar, mainly due to the fact that it is limited to 2 octaves.
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933838 said:
    I can understand the legal issue, people pays for the tabs, those who don't pay are not supposed to see them. Pro keys is another story since they aren't as accurate as pro bass/guitar, mainly due to the fact that it is limited to 2 octaves.
    Pro keys is a core element of the game, protar is not. Accuracy has nothing to do with it.
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4933863 said:
    Pro keys is a core element of the game, protar is not. Accuracy has nothing to do with it.

Actually I think it does. You usually have to pay for music sheets (unless you get them from internet, from people who tabbed them themselves) so it would make sens that those aren't free.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I fondly remember back in the day when I would play online with randoms (me on pro keys) and find pro guitarist after pro guitarist after pro bassist.

I never had as much fun before or since playing a video game. Since the "fix" I've never played with a random that was on pro guitar/bass. Not once.

I miss those days.
    edited November 2012
    Alternity;4933838 said:

people who didn't have the pro upgrades were never able to see the tabs. all they saw was a blank lane where the pro charts would have been. if there was a legal issue, it had nothing to do with people who didn't own the pro charts being able to see the pro chart... because that situation never existed. the pro chart is contained in the pro upgrade file, and if you don't have that file downloaded and installed on your console, you can't see the pro chart.

as for pro keys, they are part of the base DLC file and anyone who pays for a DLC song is also paying for the pro keys chart. if you buy the song, you also buy the pro keys chart, along with the pro drums chart, and all the basic charts. the cost of that is baked into the song price. the extra cost of the pro G/B upgrade is almost entirely due to the extra time and effort required for charting by HMX; tab licensing is a minimal part, if any, of the pro G/B upgrade's price.
    edited November 2012
    skyp1e;4933947 said:
    I fondly remember back in the day when I would play online with randoms (me on pro keys) and find pro guitarist after pro guitarist after pro bassist.

I never had as much fun before or since playing a video game. Since the "fix" I've never played with a random that was on pro guitar/bass. Not once.

I miss those days.
    I have, but it wasn't pretty. First setlist they played really badly on maybe medium guitar with me on classic bass, second setlist they quit when I played guitar after the first song (that they had selected).
    edited November 2012
    When I play with random I insist on playing bass. I don't know my chords, and playing on easy-medium-hard isn't helping as you don't need to do the full chords, and you don't see the full tab so you won't learn it. Somestimes I do really bad, sometimes I do good, all depends on the songs in the setlist.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Elementician;4933821 said:
    all I know is that I won't be paying for Pro Upgrades anymore if i can't play the songs with other ppl online if they don't have them purchased, that'd be pointless, i'll stick with what i've payed for alrdy and just play solo mode with what i've got when i wanna play Pro G/B

This may be no real help, since you want to be able to play with specific friends, but don't give up trying to play "Pro" online with others. I've just begun playing with one friend I've made here in the forum. We discovered we both have squiers and decided to have a regular jam session once a week. I've played my pro guitar more in the last 3 weeks, than I have in the entire time I've had it. I'm like Alternity...I want to play with other people. You might want to post something in the " band wanted" section letting people know you're looking for other pro players to join you. Worth a shot. :)
    edited November 2012
    Best way to find people with compatible DLC is DLCquickplay IMHO, you can see if they have upgrades.