PS3 Blitz RCS connection issues

DiamaniacalDiamaniacal Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
So Saturday afternoon I fired up Blitz to play a few new songs, try to gold star a few new songs etc.

3 out of 8 songs played after finishing the song was greeted with the friendly message telling me my score didn't count, I wouldn't get coins etc etc. lol

Only one of the 3 was a new gold star run and I got a better score on my second run.

Sometimes you know when you are disconnected because the meter that shows you vs your rival is missing. I never seem to notice exactly when this happens, I am pretty sure it has disappeared mid-song for me but maybe it doesn't show up at the start on those occasions.

I have plenty of coins so not getting the coins for the end of the song doesn't bother me, but it sucks to lose a good score because off ill behaved hardware on the other end.

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    I've only ever had that happen once.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    I've had it happen twice. Both were during release week during peak times.
  • kzasianchikkzasianchik Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Diamaniacal;4934210 said:
    So Saturday afternoon I fired up Blitz to play a few new songs, try to gold star a few new songs etc.

3 out of 8 songs played after finishing the song was greeted with the friendly message telling me my score didn't count, I wouldn't get coins etc etc. lol

Only one of the 3 was a new gold star run and I got a better score on my second run.

Sometimes you know when you are disconnected because the meter that shows you vs your rival is missing. I never seem to notice exactly when this happens, I am pretty sure it has disappeared mid-song for me but maybe it doesn't show up at the start on those occasions.

I have plenty of coins so not getting the coins for the end of the song doesn't bother me, but it sucks to lose a good score because off ill behaved hardware on the other end.

If you are experiencing RCS not available, please try again later..msgs when u load blitz, unlink your Facebook application for RB World and you will be connected instantly. I troubleshooted several possibliities after finding out RCS Blitz worked for some people and others down for days like myself. Just do it lol and connect n Blitz, link it back up and back out to main start game menu...u will not be able to connect, ya go figure something this simple lol I deleted reinstalled game, reset modem/router, reset default settings on PS3. When all it was is the FB App link. Hope this works for you, and Happy Blitzing!
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Well I am not linked to FB with my Blitz and I also have the same issue as OP at times, and I never get to play more than maybe 10 songs on a good day before it kicks me either.
  • singemfrcsingemfrc Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I had similar issues..apparently Blitz is just very picky about stable connections. I had a very old Netgear router, and replacing it completely stopped the disconnects for me. If you have old/unstable hardware, that might be a problem for Blitz whereas it wouldn't be for most devices.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    singemfrc;4943543 said:
    I had similar issues..apparently Blitz is just very picky about stable connections. I had a very old Netgear router, and replacing it completely stopped the disconnects for me. If you have old/unstable hardware, that might be a problem for Blitz whereas it wouldn't be for most devices.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the heart of the matter. For a while I was getting very frequent drops from RCS, but around that time my Internet in general was getting rather flaky. I noticed that I would frequently get failures while streaming video from Netflix and Hulu, and what was happening was that the Internet connection would just be dropping out very briefly and then come back on its own. It seems that anytime that happens, Rock Band Blitz would just flag that the connection was lost and the song would be wasted.

A technician came out to make some adjustments and my Internet has been much better lately, and so the frequency of drops from RCS has gotten much lower as well.

It would be really nice if Blitz handled this situation more elegantly, by letting you at least retry connecting before flushing your score down the toilet. Especially for people who may live in less urban areas where stable high speed Internet is not always in the cards.