How to get sponsored?

iKiingzYiKiingzY Unsigned
edited December 2012 in Rock Band
Hi guys i am just wondering how good you have to be to get sponsored because i would love to get sponsored for Rock Band 3, i can play expert on Pro drums, guitar and bass, I would like someone to add me on xbox and see me play just soo i can get an opinion to see if im good enough

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2012
    Hey I'm good at stuff too, pay me!

Really though, what do you expect to get sponsored for?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited November 2012
    Join AA. They'll assign you a sponsor.
  • iKiingzYiKiingzY Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Getting sponsored for uploading videos and getting known
  • GodKilla666GodKilla666 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I'm not even sure they do that. I think you are SOL.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Getting paid to be good at video games? That would be awesome!
    1) You would have to be really good, like one of the best in the world.
    2) It would have to be a game that was insanely popular, everywhere
    (sad trombone)

But yes, you could get "famous" by posting videos of your awesome Rock Band feats, and then with a lot of self-promoting and a ton of luck you might be able to parlay that into some sort of modest revenue stream. Technically, the odds of that happening are better than winning Powerball tonight. The odds are surely better still if you put your enthusiasm and willingness to work hard into a more traditional field of employment.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    stream a lot, put lots of stuff on youtube, see if any advertisers want their ads in your streams/videos.
    getting paid for being good at music games pretty much stopped after Guitar Hero 3
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Maybe if you were in Korea?
    edited November 2012
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    jibjqrkl;4935071 said:
    not for rock band

True that. I was being sarcastic anyways :P
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to see a "where are they now?" special on the people who were good enough at GH to sell ads on their videos. Are they still playing the game (or, better yet, our game), just for fun? Are they working real jobs now? Did they try to (or maybe even succeed at) using a similar model once the music game money dried up?
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Sadly, pretty much the only people who get paid for being professional gamers these days put a bunch of unnecessary Xs and intentional misspellings in their Gamertag and quickscope in CoD.
    edited December 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4935472 said:
    I'd love to see a "where are they now?" special on the people who were good enough at GH to sell ads on their videos. Are they still playing the game (or, better yet, our game), just for fun? Are they working real jobs now? Did they try to (or maybe even succeed at) using a similar model once the music game money dried up?

Actually, my boyfriend made some money with Guitar Hero. nothing on youtube though, only tournaments, demo's and even playing in a pilot episode for a TV show (that never got aired)

He made enough money off it to barely live from, so he was still working his normal job as well, so it was just a nice little bonus doing something he enjoyed.

He hardly plays anymore since a year or so. and hasn't tried "going pro" on any other game, although i'm pretty sure he could if he wanted to.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Wasn't FreddieW a tournament player? He makes machinima videos now, pretty popular youtube channel.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    You would have to go back in 2006-7 if you hope to get sponsored for being good at a music game. You can still get sponsored for being really good at other games but it's a lot of work and not worth doing solely for that reason.

The RB/GH community is just a tiny shadow of what it use to be back then, and everyone has all seen crazy FCs like TTFaF done by many players and such by now and now we don't care as much.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, nobody's gonna sponsor you for playing Rock Band. Those days are long gone.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Krystof;4939099 said:
    Wasn't FreddieW a tournament player? He makes machinima videos now, pretty popular youtube channel.

Machinima? I thought he made very SFX-driven videos like this.