Official Discussion: DLC Week of 12/4 - The Black Crowes 3 Pack!

edited December 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4934271 said:
Hey gang,

The Black Crowes rocketed to success in the ‘90s with a blues-rock sound and throwback vibe that was a revival of some of the biggest rock acts of the’ 70s. With a string of successful mainstream singles and awards, The Black Crowes have cemented themselves in rock history among the legendary acts that have influenced their trademark sounds.

“The Black Crowes Pack 01” kicks off December’s Rock Band downloadable tracks with three hits that helped jumpstart the band to success early in their career. “She Talks to Angels” is the fourth single from the band’s critically acclaimed debut record, 1990’s Shake Your Money Maker. “Remedy,” from the group’s second record, 1992’s The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, reached #1 on the Billboard Album Rock track charts, and stayed there for 11 weeks! The final single off of The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, “Sometimes Salvation” rounds out the three-pack.

As a bonus, Rock Band Blitz players who play any songs by The Black Crowes will earn double coins for each play!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (December 4th, 2012):

* The Black Crowes – “She Talks to Angels” O X

* The Black Crowes – “Remedy” O

* The Black Crowes – “Sometimes Salvation”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 5th)

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “The Black Crowes Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.
Thrilled to see more Black Crowes hit the RB Catalog.

Discuss!

Comments

• HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I love this pack! Remedy is an awesome song. :)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Can't say I've heard of the black crowes. But congrats to the people that have wanted them for a while :)
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2012
    I have heard Remedy before but looks like this week is a pass for me
  • CrueHead871CrueHead871 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Very nice HMX. Bought. Thank you.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    - Hope
    |
    |
    |
    |
    - The Black Crowes
    |
    |
    - Expectation
    |
    |
    |
    |
    - Fear

The Black Crowes is above my expectation for the week, but below my hopes (set by past Decembers chock-full of awesome). I know and like and will likely get She Talks To Angels. I know but don't especially like, and won't get, Remedy. Completely unfamiliar with the third song; will have to check the full chart.
  • thegoochethegooche Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Another great week of classics for my library. I will echo the disappointment about Hard to Handle not getting the upgrade. Awesome Keys.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    I am quite angry my name was used in a hint for this band that i don't really enjoy.
    I demand a cookie to compensate for this
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Certainly better than last week. Not too interested though - might grab Remedy.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2012
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I find it interesting that She Talks to Angels gets the pro guitar upgrade. My band covered that song back in the day, and IIRC the tablature we had for it specified some special open-chord tuning on guitar. Can any pro guitarists or HMX people shed some light on what happens with alternately-tuned songs like this? Are they charted for normal tuning or do you have to retune your Squiers for the one song?

Opinion-wise, I fall a bit above where thatmarkguy does, which doesn't really surprise me. I will probably get the whole pack, just because packs is how I tend to roll.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    TheStuddz;4936431 said:
    *cookie for Jibs*

^_^

carry on
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Good get for the game. Will almost certainly get "She Talks to Angels", will listen to the others to see if I want the whole pack.

Speaking of angels, still waiting for an invite from someone with an XBox to let me come over and play "Mannequin". I'm in the official music video, for crying out loud! I gotta play it ... please don't make me wait until mid-January (at the earliest), when it comes to PS3.

I'll gas up the car when I get home & will check my messages to see which heavenly creature is hosting me...

;) :p
  • RiffrockratRiffrockrat Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I thought it would be a pass for me, but, after a listen, I do know Remedy, so I guess I will get that.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2012
    Yet another pass week. On the fence about "Sometimes Salvation", meaning I can put it on my "buy in the unlikely event it goes on sale" list.

Not sure why I've bought so little this year, especially after Blitz's release (only bought songs in 5 of the weeks since then).
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Very excited for the Black Crowes. Never expected to get them on Rock Band (I don't count the Hard to Handle cover which is a cover itself btw). She Talks to Angels is one of my favorite songs, period. Remedy is a fine song. Sometimes Salvation is the weakest of the three, but it's still the Crowes.

People who only know the Crowes by Hard to Handle are missing out! I hope we get a second pack with some of these: Sting Me, Hotel Illness, Black Moon Creeping, My Morning Song, By Your Side, Wiser Time, Twice as Hard, Stare it Cold, Only a Fool, and countless others. People who liked Hard to Handle but don't know any other Crowes should check all these songs out also :)
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    As others have said, a bit underwhelming compared to previous December releases...but overall, still a good addition. "She Talks to Angels" has such catchy vocals I suspect I won't be able to resist grabbing it.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Definitely getting Remedy and She Talks To Angels.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4936436 said:

Speaking of angels, still waiting for an invite from someone with an XBox to let me come over and play "Mannequin". I'm in the official music video, for crying out loud! I gotta play it ... please don't make me wait until mid-January (at the earliest), when it comes to PS3.

I'll gas up the car when I get home & will check my messages to see which heavenly creature is hosting me...

;) :p

I'd actually be down, but I checked your location and I hope you can do better than a 13-hour drive (each way)
  • Shadowdriverv2Shadowdriverv2 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    the Black Crowes AND Gemini?!

Dear god...

HURRY UP AND COME TO PS3 GEMINI!!!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    cwilbur;4936445 said:
    I'd actually be down, but I checked your location and I hope you can do better than a 13-hour drive (each way)

Fist-bump for considering it! I just installed XM radio, so I'm ready to go if nobody closer steps up before the new year.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited November 2012
    Well Hekyll and Jekyll. Excellent band, excellent choices. Going to have to pick up some points since I spent them all on sale songs earlier this week.
    I will echo the need for original version of Hard to Handle. The one I would reaaaaaaaly want to add is Hotel Illness. Such a great bluesy grinding guitar.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Put me down on the list of people who want a Original Version of Hard to Handle. Team it up with Twice as Hard and Jealous Again for Black Crowes Pack 02!
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I just listened to the songs, and this will end up a maybe for me.
  • TommyWalker1237TommyWalker1237 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Shadowdriverv2;4936446 said:
    the Black Crowes AND Gemini?!

Dear god...

HURRY UP AND COME TO PS3 GEMINI!!!

THIS

The Black Crowes have been on my wishlist for a while now, though I'm a bit surprised by the selection to be honest.

Remedy is a super fun song; I remember cruising around in GTA IV listening to it and thinking how perfect for RB it is. The other 2, while excellent songs, are a bit slow. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it makes them not particularly suited for party play, which is how a lot of people get introduced to music at my house.

I'll be buying all 3, of course, because TBC are amazing. I own every album by them, and am thrilled to see them make their (non-cover) RB debut. An original version of Hard To Handle would be an insta-buy for me. It's just a shame we won't be getting any of their extremely punchy, guitar and keys driven rock numbers.

ALSO - BRIAN KAHANEK YESSSSS!! I've had half of my points in Rock Band Dashboard allotted to this guy, glad he finally made it to the platform.

For those of you who played GH2, Gemini was what I consider to be the standout track from that game, located in the bonus songs section. It's super fun, has a great melody, and is quite challenging on the guitar. For those of you who haven't checked out any of Brian's other work, he is a MASTER blues player. His band is incredible, and he has 3 studio albums that will blow any blues fan away. He has confirmed via Facebook that Fireflies will be released for RBN at some point, but here's hoping for even more. Look him up on YouTube and sample some songs, you won't regret it.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Pro guitar for She Talks to Angels????? Harmonix, you are too good to me!! Thanks for the b-day gift (birthday is tomorrow).

Plus more Amberian Dawn, Dance for the Dying, and MC Lars? Sign me up!
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited November 2012
    The Black Crowes to me have a bit in common with Lenny Kravitz. They both had that classic rock sound at a time when the classic rock era was just about done, but wasn't yet "classic." But more importantly, it's good stuff, and this is a good pack. I'm buying everything, including the pro upgrade.
    MagicMurderBag7;4936402 said:
    Huh. Um. I don't think I even know any Black Crows songs other than Hard to Handle... I guess I'll give them a listen...

You may find yourself with one or two "oh, that song!" moments, particularly with "She Talks to Angels." I found Shake Your Money Maker on the cheap just a couple of weeks ago and gave the whole thing a listen for the first time. I thought "Hard to Handle" was the only song I knew also, but "Twice as Hard," "Jealous Again" and "She Talks to Angels" all jogged my memory.

I do hope we get some more Black Crowes in the future. An "Original Version" of "Hard to Handle" would also be nice. But either way, thanks for this pack!

Also bought the John Parr, Amberian Dawn and Anarchy Club tracks off the RBN. Very nice week this week.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hey, this isn't the cure!
    or ronnie milsap!

ok pack, i guess. congrats to the (real) Black Crowes for making it into the game.
    i'll get She Talks To Angels and Remedy. will have to listen to that third song to decide if i'll be getting the whole pack or just those 2 songs.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2012
    Nothing for the list. Never been a BC fan.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    cwilbur;4936432 said:
    I find it interesting that She Talks to Angels gets the pro guitar upgrade. My band covered that song back in the day, and IIRC the tablature we had for it specified some special open-chord tuning on guitar. Can any pro guitarists or HMX people shed some light on what happens with alternately-tuned songs like this? Are they charted for normal tuning or do you have to retune your Squiers for the one song?
    they are charted the way they're played, using the alt-tuning. there are plenty of on-disc RB3 songs that use alt tunings. you only have to retune the squier if you play with the mute off; with mute on you can't hear the notes anyway.
  • TommyWalker1237TommyWalker1237 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Oops - I got my future BK track wrong. It will be Bottle Rocket, not Fireflies
    Source: the man himself