Rock band 3 USA Dlc problem

tapoutos7tapoutos7 Unsigned
edited December 2012 in Rock Band
Yesterday i bought and downloaded three Green Day songs ( american idiot, basket case , boulevard of broken dreams ) , and then i installed them , but when i went ingame playlist they weren't appeared . Then i went to the rock band store inside the game and i saw that all songs were "Curently unavailable". I wait until now but it keep going saying unavailable . What's wrong ???

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    What console are you on?

Could it be a region compatibility issue?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    tapoutos7;4935003 said:
    Yesterday i bought and downloaded three Green Day songs ( american idiot, basket case , boulevard of broken dreams ) , and then i installed them , but when i went ingame playlist they weren't appeared . Then i went to the rock band store inside the game and i saw that all songs were "Curently unavailable". I wait until now but it keep going saying unavailable . What's wrong ???

I'm sure this was pointed out earlier this week. It may be an issue with the playstation store. Can you check the songs are on the hard drive, then try downloading them from your download history? Maybe this would sort it :)

...I'm assuming you're on the PS3....
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    On PS3 you can't check the songs on your hard drive, the only way is via the game, and if the game doesn't sees it, well, you don't know. re-downloading from the purchase list in the PS Store is an idea, though it might just add the same songs twice. (It won't appear twice in the game, but I heard it can create problems having the same song twice.)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I had no Idea you couldn't see game files on the ps3. Had to go check. Any reason why sony left this out?
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    On your PSN sign in ...go to account information, then transaction management, then to download list. This will show you everything you've purchased. Your game cannot be on when you are doing this. See if your songs are there. if they are, but havent shown up in the game...just hit download. It could be you bought them, they downloaded, but for some reason, didn't install. good luck :)
    edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4935053 said:
    I had no Idea you couldn't see game files on the ps3. Had to go check. Any reason why sony left this out?

It's not something that exists for any game. It's just a fundamental difference in design between the two consoles. For instance, I can't open my Mass Effect 3 game data to see that I have both "Leviathan" and "Omega" in it, I can only see how big the file itself is.
  • Dark_CMFDark_CMF Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Found it today also - this time my wife's Toby Keith songs (on XBox 360) are unavailable. They show up in her solo career playlist - she HAS to play them to progress in the career. When she chooses one though, it says that the song is unavailable and starts her game over by sending her (automatically) back to the menu.

What's up with that???
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2012
    X-Box DLC issues usually stem from gamer tag issues. Did you change X-Box's recently and/or did you purchase that DLC with a different X-Box/Gamer tag?
    edited December 2012
    Dark_CMF;4937223 said:
    Found it today also - this time my wife's Toby Keith songs (on XBox 360) are unavailable. They show up in her solo career playlist - she HAS to play them to progress in the career. When she chooses one though, it says that the song is unavailable and starts her game over by sending her (automatically) back to the menu.

What's up with that???

If you're talking about RB3's road challenges, there's always 3 options at every stop. One of which is always on-disc songs.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited December 2012
    Lawdog1521;4937229 said:
    X-Box DLC issues usually stem from gamer tag issues. Did you change X-Box's recently and/or did you purchase that DLC with a different X-Box/Gamer tag?

If its the same gamertag that went through a name change that wont, or shouldn't, cause any problems.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2012
    Dark_CMF;4937223 said:

What's up with that???

pretty much what Lawdog said.
    there are 2 ways to get DLC to work on your console
    1. the content is originally downloaded on that console. this way you can play it on any gamertag on that console and even play it when you're offline.

2. signed in with the gamertag that downloaded it. with this, you can play your songs on a different console than that it was downloaded on. downsides are that you have to be signed in with the gamertag that downloaded it (although it doesn't have to be the person playing, you can sign it in as player 2 and not let it join) and you have to be online.

now if you did download it on another console, you can get it to work as option 1 by doing a license transfer in your system settings. this will set all your dlc to that console. downside is that you have to redownload EVERYTHING you downloaded to get it to work. (all these downloads will only take 1 second though, the data is already on your HDD and it really just needs to re-verify it. but still a pain to do)