Give us back Snoop's Upside Ya Head.

expertwinSHexpertwinSH Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
The song "Snoop's Upside Ya Head" is not available to anyone who doesn't already have the song. This is due to sample issues. Is HMX even trying to get the song back?

Comments

  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    If they could easily bring it back, they wouldn't have taken it down in the first place.
  • expertwinSHexpertwinSH Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    HMX has done seemingly impossible things before. They should be able to bring it back.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Airbourne.
  • edited November 2012
    expertwinSH;4935038 said:
    HMX has done seemingly impossible things before. They should be able to bring it back.

    Nope! If we could have, we would have. If it didn't get sorted out at the time it's certainly not going to get sorted out now. It's not something we're pursuing at the time because resurrecting somewhat contentious 2+ year old DLC is not as high a priority as releasing new DLC.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    c-murph;4935045 said:
    Airbourne.
    This. No other one word answer could have been better for this.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4935048 said:
    It's not something we're pursuing at the time because resurrecting somewhat contentious 2+ year old DLC is not as high a priority as releasing new DLC.
    Here's something I'd like to get an answer for from one of the head honchos. Where do you guys stand with the European DLC that's still locked? Have you gone back before and tried to get them unlocked? Has it been something that has been discussed before?

    I am of course talking about Hier Kommt Alex and Rock and Roll Star. It's something i've thought about a couple of times, and was just curious to see if it's been mentioned at the office at all :)
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4935048 said:
    Nope! If we could have, we would have. If it didn't get sorted out at the time it's certainly not going to get sorted out now. It's not something we're pursuing at the time because resurrecting somewhat contentious 2+ year old DLC is not as high a priority as releasing new DLC.

    Bah! I say use this opportunity to get some Gap Band into Rock Band! Three pack of "Oops! Upside Ya Head", "Burn Rubber", and "You Dropped The Bomb On Me". Pwwwweeeeeeeze?!?!

    EDIT: Of course, I am assuming that the problem is with the "sample" of "oops! Upside Ya Head", though admittedly having Charlie Wilson ON THE TRACK may mean that there were other issues...
  • edited November 2012
    Munnchy;4935060 said:
    Here's something I'd like to get an answer for from one of the head honchos. Where do you guys stand with the European DLC that's still locked? Have you gone back before and tried to get them unlocked? Has it been something that has been discussed before?

    Same. Something we tried to resolve at the time and were unable to. As time goes on, it becomes harder to revisit things like that, both for us and for those involved with the initial licensing. We do absolutely everything we can to make sure that licensing goes smoothly, but there are always edge cases. Out of 4K DLC, it's honestly surprising that things have gone as smoothly as they have.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4935083 said:
    Same. Something we tried to resolve at the time and were unable to. As time goes on, it becomes harder to revisit things like that, both for us and for those involved with the initial licensing. We do absolutely everything we can to make sure that licensing goes smoothly, but there are always edge cases. Out of 4K DLC, it's honestly surprising that things have gone as smoothly as they have.
    That's cool. I know how difficult music licensing must be (I've read the "Why isn't this song in RB" FAQ enough times now :P). Its mainly why I kept hold of my copy of RB1, so I could play these songs again.

    Thanks for clearing it up :)
Sign In or Register to comment.