New rock band store.

slipknotfan515slipknotfan515 Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
I have an idea for a new rock band store, it would be like iTunes, it would be on a computer and you could import the cds you own into it and convert them into the files needed to work in the game, you could also buy songs of the store. This way any artist or band could release their own songs. After the songs get converted into rock band files, they can be transfered over to you game system by a cable that you connect to your computer and console. I think you should pay for the converting of songs. Let me know what you think or if this idea is even possible or would there still be licensing issues.

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    So... how exactly would you be able to separate the lead guitar, bass, drum, vocal, and keyboard tracks and make playable charts for four difficulties?
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Not possible. Yes, liscensing would be an issue. In addition, the making of a song that's playable in RB is a lot more complicated than you might think. I'm sure HMX and RBN authors often wish they could just rip it from a CD, but sadly that's not even close to how it works.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    any artist or band can already get their songs in rock band, it's called Rock Band Network
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I think you completely underestimate the amount of manual work and testing that goes into creating Rock Band playable tracks, work that can't be 100% automated.

Plus what jibs said: if you want a band to release songs for Rock Band, e-mail them and tell them about Rock Band Network.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    CJHobbes;4935477 said:
    Plus what jibs said: if you want a band to release songs for Rock Band, e-mail them and tell them about Rock Band Network.

I emailed Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and Buckethead about RBN. All three declined.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2012
    peterock2007;4935486 said:
    I emailed Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and Buckethead about RBN. All three declined.

Not surprising lol.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

Have you sent a letter every day? I heard that worked for some bloke named Andy.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012

I'm sort of shocked about Buckethead, he did have a GH3 DLC song and a GH2 disk song. I would have thought he would be all over the idea but I suppose not.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    CJHobbes;4935510 said:
    Have you sent a letter every day? I heard that worked for some bloke named Andy.

For four years, after that I wrote two every day.