2 bass pedals

ProperPKProperPK Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
So my Rock Band 1 drums broke (the red pad snapped off) and I'm currently in the process of buying a new one (Rock Band 1 drums again). Now I still have all my old stuff, including the pedal, so now I'll have two RB1 pedals.

I have a few 2X bass songs, and some others that are hard, and I think utilising double bass would be cool. Is it possible to do? By that I mean, can I hook up two Rock Band 1 bass pedals on a Rock Band 1 stock kit? If so, how would I achieve this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2012
    You need a RB2 kit, or you need an adapter for a RB1 kit to enable both pedals to work (not a simple 1/8" splitter).

Seriously, if you're thinking about going 2X Bass pedal, get a RB2/3 Pro kit or Ions. Pro mode adds a lot more to drumming than 2X, and is supported my nearly every song (some early RBN excluded), compared to 2X Bass is which is RBN only on a few songs.
  • ProperPKProperPK Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Bront20;4935761 said:
    You need a RB2 kit, or you need an adapter for a RB1 kit to enable both pedals to work (not a simple 1/8" splitter).

Seriously, if you're thinking about going 2X Bass pedal, get a RB2/3 Pro kit or Ions. Pro mode adds a lot more to drumming than 2X, and is supported my nearly every song (some early RBN excluded), compared to 2X Bass is which is RBN only on a few songs.

I'd love to do that, but I'm on a very low budget at the moment. Starting a new job in a week, I just got the cheapest solution I could find. I'm not buying the kit for the extra pedal, but while I have the extra pedal I would like to use it.

My friend uses a World Tour kit with two pedals, and he just uses a basic audio splitter cable. Are you sure a 1/8" won't do it? Is there no way to do it on the RB1 kit?
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    a basic audio splitter wont allow you to use the other kick when one is depressed, ruining 2x bass pedal experiences. There is actual addapters you can buy to use Dual Bass Pedals. The Guitar Hero splitters actually have a chip in them that allow the 2 signals from the kick pedals

An official solution: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rock-Replacement-Pedal-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001VIF550/?tag=partptl1-20

3rd party solution: http://www.omegamusictechnology.com/products/twin-rocker
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    ASPMike has it right except he meant to say that the Rock Band splitters have a chip in them.

The Guitar Hero pedals use a different technology so that's why a normal audio splitter works for those.