Unable to connect on 360

midgetzoomidgetzoo Unsigned
edited December 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
The Rock Central service is not available right now.
I keep starting the game, getting to "Discovering Downloadable Content" and then it just cuts to that. Is anyone else having this problem right now?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    apparently there have been electricity problems in the area there, which are causing this.
  • GarrgamillGarrgamill Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    this really bites... i dont know what songs ive played and i cant use power ups or anything
    edited November 2012
    itll get fixed soon. (probably)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Does HMX have backup servers in Seaside Heights, NJ?
  • zacharyamaranthzacharyamaranth Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Is there any reason we need to be connected just to have scores and powerups? I don't even care abotu leaderboard scores, I just want to see which tracks I've palyed and use powerups.
    edited November 2012
    all the data is stored online, including number of coins, scores and well. pretty much everything.

since you need coins to get powerups, you need to be online unfortunately
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Actually Im from the boston area.. didnt think a thing of it, went to play blitz.. then i realized oh ya all of cambridge has no power. should be ok soon tho
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    The lights are back on.
    Cambridge Police reported on Twitter that power has been restored after a blackout left much of East Cambridge in the dark.
    Cambridge Police reported on Twitter that power has been restored after a blackout left much of East Cambridge in the dark.
    /facepalm
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4936017 said:
    /facepalm

What makes that a facepalm? Cambridge Police Twitter has been known for announcing things far more quickly to the public than other cities with police who scramble to issue a public announcement in front of news reports, stating the obvious sometimes hours after the topic has been unofficially known

Unless you were facepalming the notion that Twitter was their only means of getting information out, leaving thousands in the dark as far as information goes, which isn't true
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    rock central seems to be down this morning
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    They're still down
  • edited December 2012
    Unrelated to the previous power outages, but we're working on it. Sit tight, sorry for the hassle.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    This is why online only is terrible. Here I am wanting to play RBB but I can't fully enjoy it because so much depends on those servers. The only things that SHOULD depend on the servers are goal progress and score wars. Updates the the coin economy should happen when connected online and then continue to be effective when Rock Central goes down or the user is offline. New scores would be saved to a temporary file to by synchronized later.
    edited December 2012
    I just logged on and played a Score War and there wasn't anything wrong.

???
    edited December 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4938942 said:
    I just logged on and played a Score War and there wasn't anything wrong.

???
    I guess it's only not working on the Xbox360, because I just tried again and it's still won't connect
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    rsm790;4938955 said:
    I guess it's only not working on the Xbox360, because I just tried again and it's still won't connect

I'm on 360. Just tried. Nothing.
    edited December 2012
    That must be it.
    edited December 2012
    Or not...now I can't connect.

Loverly :\
    edited December 2012
    I've not been able to play Blitz in 2 days
    edited December 2012
    Still not working
    edited December 2012
    It was not working for me on 360 yesterday morning but was working later in the afternoon.
    Online only is a problem in a lot of games, NHL 13 is crippled big time if the servers go down you can't play 60-70% of that game when it goes down period. At least you can play blitz (without power-ups).
    edited December 2012
    having said the above - i can't connect as of 11:30 AM EST.
    edited December 2012
    It's still not working, this is getting ridiculous
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    I am also unable to connect. I wanted to do my goals on blitz, but I had to resort to RB3. Not that that's a bad thing, but I like to make progress on my blitz.
  • edited December 2012
    rsm790;4939135 said:
    It's still not working, this is getting ridiculous

Still looking into it, same as I posted yesterday. No need to update every few hours, getting numbers and names of users affected is enough.

We're following up with Live Ops to see if they need me to ask for more info. I'll update when I know more.
  • edited December 2012
    Okay, here's the info that Live Ops has asked us to collect. If you could provide any of the information below (360 users only, please) we'll make sure they get it to help test Rock Central connectivity.

Gamer Tag:
    Region (US, UK, etc.):
    The exact error message you receive when trying to connect to RC:
    Are you unable to connect at all or disconnecting mid play?:
    Are you able to connect sometimes, most times, or not at all?:
    When did you start having trouble connecting to RC?:

To provide some additional context, we are still seeing activity on the servers and users are connecting and playing and logging scores. We'll do what we can to get everyone back up and rocking ASAP.
    edited December 2012
    Gamertag: Gbangr
    Region: Canada
    Error Message: The Rock Central service is not available. Please try again later

I started having problems yesterday, however i was able to get on rock band central yesterday afternoon.
    edited December 2012
    Gamertag: rsm79
    Region: US
    Error Message: The Rock Central service is not available. Please try again later

I haven't been able to connect since the new goals came out
  • PedroRVDPedroRVD Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Gamertag: PedroRVD

I have not been able to connect at all since monday midnight.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited December 2012
    Gamertag: HeyRiles

I just tried it and got the message, pressed A, asked if I wanted to play in offline mode, pressed B which sent me back to the main menu, pressed A again and it loaded my DLC again, and then connected to Rock Central properly. Currently working