Problem after full band use

Hi everybody,
recently I bought the last instrument for RB3 a second hand battery from a previous rock band. The rest of them are for RB3.
Before that, we could play the guitar, bajo, keyboard and singer with no problem at a time.
But now, one of the slots for intruments is permanently blocked, no instrument appear as selected, but when I try to plug a fourth instrument this is ignored.
For example, I connect bajo, guitar, key board y ups... the standard controller is ignored no singers allowed.
Ok, another configuration, controller (first the singers they are a little fustrated :mad: ), keyboard, guitar y ups... no bajo.
I tried a lot of combinations and ever the fourth instrument doesn't works. Of course if you connect the battery appears connected in the free slot.
We can play only in full band mode, but the singer get no score ( more fustration to them :mad: :mad:).
Does any body know what's happening here? May I repair this somehow
Tx

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited November 2012
    what console are you on?
  • edited November 2012
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Are you using a powered usb hub?
  • edited November 2012
    No, I only use the natural usb connectors from the PS3 or the usb conectors from the instrument wifi receptor. At first when I only had keyboard, guitar and bass (I boughted in that order) I had no problems. We could play all three instruments and sing with 3 friends at a time. Even when I chained the three receptor and microphones (from singstar) in the same USB connector. Using the USB connectors that each receptor had. (I've used the four conectors from playstation too).
    By connecting each receiver, a new slot appears as connected. until all four appear as connected.
    edited November 2012
    It could be a problem with not enough power to power all the instruments when you daisy chain them although you have said you have had 4 instruments working in the past.I am a confused about what you are saying here:

recently I bought the last instrument for RB3 a second hand battery from a previous rock band.

what is this second hand battery you are talking about?

Also you can't have keyboard,bass and guitar playing at once only combinations of either.

Also check controller assignments as well,try changing them.

That's all i can think of but i am having a little trouble understanding what your original post is talking about (sorry probably just me) if you could clarify some more that would be helpful.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    nuttzo31;4936774 said:
    what is this second hand battery you are talking about?

I think he means drums. It's pretty obvious OP's primary language is Spanish, and Spanish for drums is bateria.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4936781 said:
    I think he means drums. It's pretty obvious OP's primary language is Spanish, and Spanish for drums is bateria.

And in french it's ''batterie''. Y U SO DIFFERENT ENGLISH?

Also, I have connected all instruments with 3 mics in the past through the ''hubs'' that are on the dongles without any problems. I have a slim 120GB model and I currently use a non-powered USB hub and I always have the pro guitar, the basic one, and the keyboard plugged + a keyboard to type, I never have any power issues. The instrument that you can't use in RB, is it recognized as a controller by the PS3?
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah, you're right my primary (and only) language is spanish and im not used to speak in english. :o
    Usually, I start writing "sorry for my english", but this time I forget It, sorry for the confussion. :D
    Yes when I said battery, I wanted to say drums, I'm sorry a lot (damn google).
    And wifi receptor is dongle of course, you're right again. ;)

Don't worry nuttzo31, it's not your problem, it's just me :o

I think the problem is related to the new batt... (damn ;) ) drums. It 's for RB1 or RB2 and is the only instrument with cable.
    It is as if it has been assigned to a particular slot by default (and for life), whether it is connected or not.
    I would be happy to know if it is possible to easily return to the previous situation, sure this will happen again.
    My PS3 is the 40/60 GB version (one of the first), with four USB slots.
    One thing to add. As you know, all peripherals have red lights to indicate wich slot they are assigned. Well, when connecting the controller as fourth instrument, two red lights are lit on, the 1 and 4 (I guess it is to show that he has taken as slot 5 (4 +1) despite having a free slot ). And that is why fail, the game thinks I have five devices connected and asks me to turn on the full band mode.
    I've tried to change the slot assignment but it does not let me.
    Independently of the order the instrument are plugged, the fourth instrument isn't assigned to the free slot.
    edited December 2012
    MacJuicer_DiamondsBlight;4937054 said:
    Usually, I start writing "sorry for my english", but this time I forget It, sorry for the confussion. :D
    I'm glad you left it out. You're doing okay, we (collectively at least) understood you.
    MacJuicer_DiamondsBlight;4937054 said:
    Yes when I said battery, I wanted to say drums, I'm sorry a lot (damn google).

Stop apologizing! :p And don't apologize for apologizing either ;)
    edited December 2012
    And, honestly, there's some Spanish speakers on this forum. Incluyendo yo ;) So if you wanted to write in Spanish, knowing that's how you'd best express yourself, I think we could still help you.
  • blckshpblckshp Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    MacJuicer_DiamondsBlight, you are experiencing what is called all instrument mode. While the PS3 has the capability to have more than four controllers recognized, the XBOX does not and to keep the basic operation of the game consistent across all consoles, AIM mode was implemented. Once you connect guitar, bass and keyboard, you automatically enter All Instrument Mode, so the vocalist never has control over song selection and is never scored. The screen should notify you that you have to enter All Instrument mode and then the vocal lane is shown with harmonies, but cannot select songs, difficulty, and are not scored, they are just along for the ride.
    edited December 2012
    I didn't realise you could have guitar,bass and keys at the same time, disregard what i said earlier.
    edited December 2012
    Only in AIM, which means no scoring for vocals.
  • edited December 2012
    blckshp;4937662 said:
    While the PS3 has the capability to have more than four controllers recognized, the XBOX does not and to keep the basic operation of the game consistent across all consoles, AIM mode was implemented.
    then I suppose that my PS3 can manage four controllers, am I right?.
    Once you connect guitar, bass and keyboard, you automatically enter All Instrument Mode, so the vocalist never has control over song selection and is never scored.
    But these are three intruments, if I add the controller for the singers we only have four players. am I wrong?. Does the singer count as more than one player? . :confused:

anyway thanks for the clarification, and explanation of how the problem is related to the other consoles, is interesting. :cool:
  • edited December 2012
    You're too kind, but still i'm going to try expressing myself in English. I don't usually have many opportunities to do so. But in any case, if you want bilingual comments, I can do it. :p

[Spanish traduction]

Vale!! :D
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    MacJuicer_DiamondsBlight;4938495 said:
    But these are three intruments, if I add the controller for the singers we only have four players. am I wrong?. Does the singer count as more than one player? . :confused:
    No, it's fair to be confused. Basically, if you don't want to use All Instruments Mode, you can only pick two out of three from (guitar, bass, keyboard). If, for example, you picked guitar, keyboard, drums, and vocals, then you would be fine. Once you have all three of (guitar, bass, keyboard), the game forces All Instruments Mode. So, if you are using (guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals), then All Instrument Mode would be forced on. If you do (guitar, keyboard, drums, vocals), it would not.

The vocals only count as 1 player, regardless if you are singing solo or harmonies.
    edited December 2012
    Indeed, you can only ever have two of guitar, bass, and keyboards without AIM. That means that a song like She's Always a Woman by Billy Joel, despite having only 4 playable charts like the vast majority of pre-RB3 DLC (in this case guitar, bass, keyboards, and vocals), can't ever be played a full band. It's sort of messed up, but I guess if there was a way around it in development HMX would have found it.
  • blckshpblckshp Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    MacJuicer_DiamondsBlight;4938495 said:
    then I suppose that my PS3 can manage four controllers, am I right?.

anyway thanks for the clarification, and explanation of how the problem is related to the other consoles, is interesting. :cool:
    No, you are not wrong, but the explanation (I can't find any posts with explanation in them, I remember them existing but can't find the correct keywords for search to get one to come up) I remember is that once those three instruments are logged in, they reserve the fourth slot for the drums....due to the drop in and out of the overshell, so the vocals cannot drop in and push the drums into the non scoring position. The keyboard cannot drop in and out, when you have guitar, bass, drum and vocal; it forces you into AIM. Entering AIM forces you to exit the set to enter it, rather than moving the vocal slot to nonscoring. I believe this was done to preserve scoring and online compatibility with legacy (pre RB3) DLC. You cannot do online if you are in AIM. You are considered to have a full band (even if you don't have vocalists, they aren't scored so for scoring purposes, you have a full band). That's the best explanation I can give for what I remember. Hope it helps.

Edit: To further clarify what Ricecake and SheSaidSheSaid stated, there was also something about the keyboard being treated as a guitar track, and once you hit three of them, it forced it into AIM. Where having drums, vocals, keyboard, and guitar or bass, was similar to pre RB3 gameplay......ie, only two guitar tracks and therefore allowed vocal scoring. But again, once the other string instrument tries to drop in, you exit the set and enter AIM.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, then I guess my question has been answered.

Thank you very much to all for the help!! :)