Lamb Of God Frontman Faces 10 Years Jail Time

MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
edited December 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Just read this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20591688

You guys may have already seen this, but thoughts?

Comments

• OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited December 2012
    I personally disagree with the sentence, because, as was said in the article
    He continued: "The price of a ticket to a show does not entitle audience members access to a band's stage."
    Then again, I'm no expert on law, so I don't know if he can appeal the charges. It'd be a shame if he can't.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    He's already said that he's going to fight as much as he can against the charges, but I don't know how much he can do. It would be a shame...
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    People shouldn't be allowed to access the stage like that, especially drunk/out-of-their-mind people. Who knows what their intentions are, there should have been bouncers in front of the stage to stop anybody from getting near it. Randy is no way at any fault for what he did. Bands have gotten shot at, stabbed, and killed on stage before from crazy fans, he wasn't taking any chances so he pushed him off. It's self-defense.

If anything, the venue should be at fault for not having sufficient security around the stage, not Randy. That's our justice system hard at work for you. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2012
    For all we know, we could have had Dimebag 2.0. He could always try to get off on self-defense.
    edited December 2012
    I re-read the article, and the venue already admitted the security was lack-luster and the Barriers weren't properly fixed. There's no way they can convict him.... Can they?
    edited December 2012
    This is in the Czech Republic, right? I'm not familiar with their laws
    edited December 2012
    Yeah. I'm not too sure, I'm not from the Czech Republic, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be too far off UK law.... In fact, I'm sure they're part of the E.U. If they try anything funny, they could be held accountable by all the other member countries. At least he's guaranteed a fair trial and has a strong case.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Munnchy;4938858 said:
    I re-read the article, and the venue already admitted the security was lack-luster and the Barriers weren't properly fixed. There's no way they can convict him.... Can they?
    Even though he's got great evidence supporting his case, Randy ultimately did push the guy which led to his death and the judge and jury will not overlook that in the slightest. I think worst case scenario, he gets the minimum sentence of 5 years if convicted, which I don't think he will be. Admittance from the venue that their security was lackluster and the barrier wasn't properly fixed is enormous evidence for his case. That's practically the venue stating they are at fault for what happened. He should get off, but there's been so many questionable rulings in court before you can't say for sure.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, we had a thread about this, but it went bye-bye.

I don't think there's a criminal case to be had here. Civil, maybe.
    edited December 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4938891 said:
    Yeah, we had a thread about this, but it went bye-bye.

I don't think there's a criminal case to be had here. Civil, maybe.

I didn't know, sorry :( I only bought it back up because, apparently, this is breaking news in England right now..... I don't even....

I think because he pushed him, he's liable for manslaughter, because he technically caused his death... I may be horribly wrong though....
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Well after ***** Riot got sent to the gulag, you never really know.

can I say ***** Riot on here? we'll see...

That'd be a no!
    edited December 2012
    Censorship! :D

Might be a different case here though. I don't think religion is involved in any way here.
    edited December 2012
    Was P**** Riot about religion? I thought it was because they were questioning the great and mighty leader.
    edited December 2012
    They were convicted of "Hooliganism motivated by religious hatred"

I think that's it anyway....
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited December 2012
    OsagaRockHero;4939076 said:
    Was P**** Riot about religion? I thought it was because they were questioning the great and mighty leader.

It really had little to do about religion (symbolically, P-Riot staged their show in a church as a way of invoking divine intervention to save Russia from Putin and his history of innumerable civil rights violations), but Putin, being the microscopically-endowed man he is, tried to paint them as sacrilegious hooligans.