Lego Rock Band 2 (63 songs, all with tiers)

wheatsquares33wheatsquares33 Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This my first attempt at an LRB setlist, and I made this whole thing (from actually making the list to posting here) in three days (I'm pretty proud of that. Hopefully the tiers are pretty accurate).

Before looking at the actual setlist, here are some notes:

About tiers: A lot of these probably looked over-tiered (specifically in the bass department). This is because, like in the first Lego Rock Band, I sort of tiered the songs "against each other," I guess is the best way to say it. There are exactly 9 songs for each difficulty for each instrument, so I had to make them fit. I hope that makes sense. I did try to put these in order by band difficulty, but that may be completely screwed up.

Also, I may or may not redo this in the future with Pro Tiers. I don't have them on here now because I was literally halfway through listening to all the songs before I even thought about doing pro-parts, and I was too lazy to go back and look up tabs for all of them. Also, I completely neglected to listen for harmonies in all the songs, so I sort of just guessed if each song had a part just off memory, so a lot may be wrong.

About song choice: Because this is Lego Rock Band, I went with a more family-friendly setlist—meaning more modern or pop/rock songs, so if you're a huge metalhead or something, you may not think this looks too great. I'm not exactly sure what is considered “family friendly” lyrics, so I considered any song that didn't have profanity, explicit references to sex/drugs/alcohol, excessive violence (I was going to use “Israel's Son” by Silverchair originally, which was stupid on my part), or anything that would make me feel awkward if my little brother was singing it. Some may still be pushing it ("Gigantic," "The Archers' Bows...", "I Gotta Feeling," etc.), but I don't have a problem with it. I tried to make this as realistic as possible, but maybe there are some that wouldn't make it—“New Born,” “Let It Be,” “Winter Wrap-Up” (a guy can dream, right?)

So after that lengthy introduction, here you go:

Warmup:
10 Years- Wasteland (Metal)
Black Eyed Peas- I Gotta Feeling (Hip Hop/Rap)
David Guetta ft. Sia- Titanium (Pop/Dance/Electronic)
Failure- Stuck On You (Alternative)
Katy Perry- Wide Awake (Pop-Rock)
Metric- Help, I'm Alive (Indie Rock)
Raffi- You Gotta Sing (Other)
Rascal Flatts- What Hurts The Most (Country)
Staind- So Far Away (Nu-Metal)

Apprentice:
Angels & Airwaves- Everything's Magic (Alternative)
Autograph- Turn Up The Radio (Metal)
Daniel Ingram- Winter Wrap-Up (Other)
Duran Duran- Ordinary World (Pop-Rock)
Imagine Dragons- It's Time (Pop-Rock)
M83- Midnight City (Indie Rock)
One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful (Pop-Rock)
Pixies- Gigantic (Alternative)
They Might Be Giants- Birdhouse In Your Soul (Alternative)

Solid:
The Beach Boys- I Get Around (Classic Rock)
The Beatles- Let It Be (Classic Rock)
The Cranberries- Zombie (Alternative)
The Flaming Lips- Do You Realize?? (Alternative)
John Mellencamp- Jack And Diane (Rock)
Kings Of Leon- Use Somebody (Rock)
Pearl Jam- Yellow Ledbetter (Grunge)
Santana- Oye Como Va (Classic Rock)
Village People- Y.M.C.A (Pop-Rock)

Moderate:
Bill Haley And His Comets- Rock Around The Clock (Classic Rock)
Bob Dylan- Like A Rolling Stone (Classic Rock)
Dire Straits- Lady Writer (Classic Rock)
Five-Finger Death Punch- Far From Home (Rock)
Florence + The Machine- Kiss With A Fist (Indie Rock)
Flyleaf- All Around Me (Rock)
The Offspring- Turning Into You (Punk)
The Romantics- What I Like About You (Pop-Rock)
Sick Puppies- All The Same (Alternative)

Challenging:
The Cardigans- Lovefool (Pop-Rock)
David Bowie- Magic Dance (Glam)
Grace Potter And The Nocturnals- Paris (Oh La La) (Rock)
Mika- Grace Kelly (Pop-Rock)
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark- If You Leave (New Wave)
Peter Gabriel- Red Rain (Rock)
The Rembrandts- I'll Be There For You (Pop-Rock)
Scorpions- No One Like You (Metal)
St. Vincent- Cruel (Indie Rock)

Nightmare:
Blondie- Dreaming (New Wave)
Blue Oyster Cult- Burnin' For You (Classic Rock)
Blues Traveler- Run-Around (Rock)
Brand New- The Archers' Bows Have Broken (Punk)
Collective Soul- Heavy (Rock)
Matisyahu- King Without A Crown (Reggae/Ska)
My Chemical Romance- Ambulance (Emo)
Sisters Of Mercy- More (Rock)
Sugar Ray- Fly (Reggae/Ska)

Impossible:
Aretha Franklin- Think (R&B/Soul/Funk)
DragonForce- Fury Of The Storm (Metal)
Jamiroquai- Canned Heat (R&B/Soul/Funk)
Muse- New Born (Prog)
Red- Death Of Me (Nu-Metal)
Rush- Anthem (Prog)
Steely Dan- Do It Again (Classic Rock)
Steppenwolf- Magic Carpet Ride (Rock)
Toto- Hold The Line (Classic Rock)

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    No pro strings tiers is one thing, but having tiers for basic keys and then NO PART for pro keys is kind of lolwut.
  • wheatsquares33wheatsquares33 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4938986 said:
    No pro strings tiers is one thing, but having tiers for basic keys and then NO PART for pro keys is kind of lolwut.

*facepalm*. Okay, apparently I didn't realize that basic keys and pro keys are always the same. Stupid on my part. Just imagine the pro keys are there, because I don't feel like retiering every song on here. Hopefully everything else looks good.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    There's some really great songs on here, but there are a few songs that

OH MY GOD WINTER WRAP-UP

BOUGHT
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    wheatsquares33;4938993 said:
    *facepalm*. Okay, apparently I didn't realize that basic keys and pro keys are always the same.
    They're not. Basic and pro drums are always the same, as are solo and harmony vox. Basic and pro keys can be different. It's just that if one is present, the other has to be, too. That's actually an RBN charting rule.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    There is harmonies in I'll Be There For You.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2012
    I would buy this ten times
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I think you've overtiered new born. I know its lego rock band, but it wouldn't be that difficult :P Here's my interpretation, what do you think? Also, they're classed as alternative.

Nice job on the setlist by the way, very nice, varied. Would buy! :D
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Munnchy;4939317 said:
    Also, they're classed as alternative.

Incorrectly so. They are in fact New Prog.

As for the setlist... hell yeah I'd buy this! Sure, some songs aren't exactly Lego Rock Band material (Zombie is about an actual bombing that killed three or so kids) but I don't freaking care! I'd even play the brony song, even if I try not to get involved with the stuff.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4939340 said:
    Incorrectly so. They are in fact New Prog.

I didn't even know that was a genre... I just left it as alternative
    edited December 2012
    Munnchy;4939360 said:
    I didn't even know that was a genre... I just left it as alternative

New Prog mixes elements of alternative and prog rock. Bands such as Coheed and Cambria and The Mars Volta are New Prog. It's mostly a term loosely tied around modern prog rock bands, though.
  • MetalForeverMetalForever Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I'd have to pick this up. Granted, there are some god awful songs, but also some AMAZING songs and I definitely think the good outweighs the bad in this situation :)
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Um I highly doubt we'd get the cover art for Pixies' Surfer Rosa visible in regular Rock Band, let alone Lego Rock Band.
  • Radiohead97Radiohead97 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    hiimSMAP;4943524 said:
    Um I highly doubt we'd get the cover art for Pixies' Surfer Rosa visible in regular Rock Band, let alone Lego Rock Band.

Yeah, considering they censored the "Enema of the State" album art for Aliens Exist in the first L:RB, and that didn't show that much nudity, just boobs.
  • wheatsquares33wheatsquares33 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    They're not. Basic and pro drums are always the same, as are solo and harmony vox. Basic and pro keys can be different. It's just that if one is present, the other has to be, too. That's actually an RBN charting rule.
    Eh, well, I'm not too worried about it. Sorry, but I'm not going back to fix every song on here.
    There is harmonies in I'll Be There For You.
    Once again, I didn't really listen for harmonies. Thanks for pointing it out, though. I'll go back and fix it.
    think you've overtiered new born. I know its lego rock band, but it wouldn't be that difficult :P Here's my interpretation, what do you think? Also, they're classed as alternative.

http://i.imgur.com/cM1se.png

Nice job on the setlist by the way, very nice, varied. Would buy![/URL]

Gracias!
    I do see that maybe keys and drums are not devil difficulty, but I think everything else is okay for Lego Rock Band (besides vocals, because I have no idea how to tier them anyway. Most of these are just guesses.)

[QUOTE]As for the setlist... hell yeah I'd buy this! Sure, some songs aren't exactly Lego Rock Band material (Zombie is about an actual bombing that killed three or so kids) but I don't freaking care! I'd even play the brony song, even if I try not to get involved with the stuff.
    Glad you like it. I did realize that Zombie may not have kid-friendly meaning, but it doesn't state anything too explicitly--just mention of their tanks and their bombs and their bombs and their guns, etc.
    I'd have to pick this up. Granted, there are some god awful songs, but also some AMAZING songs and I definitely think the good outweighs the bad in this situation
    Glad you like it as well. I did include the "god-awful" songs because, it definitely looks like there are more pop songs being released in RB (Fireflies and Call Me Maybe this year, half the stuff in Blitz).
    hiimSMAP;4943524 said:

Wow...okay, I didn't observe that cover art well enough to notice the boobies, I don't guess. Well, that's why RB has this beautiful picture.

Also, here are the year and genre breakdowns. I usually post these at the beginning, but I didn't this time.

50s- 1
    60s- 5
    70s- 9
    80s- 9
    90s- 12
    00s- 16
    10s- 11

Alternative- 7
    Classic Rock- 9
    Country- 1
    Emo- 1
    Glam- 1
    Grunge- 1
    Indie- 4
    Metal- 4
    New Wave- 3
    Nu-Metal- 2
    Other- 1
    Pop/Dance/Electronic- 1
    Pop-Rock- 8
    Prog- 2
    Punk- 2
    Rap/Hip Hop- 1
    Reggae/Ska- 2
    R&B, etc- 2
    Rock- 11

And just for the heck of it, here are the 3 hardest songs for each instrument (in my opinion)

Band: 1) Fury Of The Storm 2) Anthem 3) Canned Heat
    Guitar: 1) Fury Of The Storm 2) Anthem 3) Do It Again
    Bass: 1) Anthem 2) Fury Of The Storm 3) Magic Dance
    Drums: 1) Fury Of The Storm 2) Anthem 3) The Archers' Bows Have Broken
    Keys: 1) Fury Of The Storm 2) Oye Como Va 3) Do It Again
    Vocals: 1) Think 2) Grace Kelly 3) King Without A Crown
    edited December 2012
    wheatsquares33;4943589 said:

As I explained earlier, Muse is in fact New Prog, a recent subset of prog rock that has some elements of alternative. You can use either, but the original genre was fine.