few questions about the instruments

bigbbubbabigbbubba Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Rock Band
I'm looking for a good, hopefully relatively cheap set of drum sticks that have good bounce, any recomendations? also I've been thinking about selling some of my instruments because i have limited space, and they are never used. where would be the best place to sell them? One is the hoffner, and unless i'm mistaken that is somewhat rare right?

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Ebay/Amazon/Craigslist
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    bigbbubba;4939149 said:
    I'm looking for a good, hopefully relatively cheap set of drum sticks that have good bounce, any recomendations?

Guitar Center or any musical instrument store.
    The sticks don't really bounce.. it's you drum head making them bounce.
    Sticks can be very light to heavy, I recommend Medium weight.
    Anyways, usually it's $5.99-8.99 for nylon tips (causes less damage to your pads). :D
    Rock on Brutha!!:cool:

Found this from another post..
    FairwoodStudios;4939088 said:
    I'd go with lighter in that case. Head down to a Guitar Center or your local music store, they'll probably have a nice little stand with tons of different kinds of drum sticks. Just try a bunch, hold them, air drum, get a feel for the weight distributions. 5A is a pretty mid-range dimension, 5B is a little heavier. Vic Firth actually makes 5AB, which is in the middle and what I tend to prefer on my kit. You may want 7A, though, as those are lighter.
    Very helpful.. :D
  • tmurp002tmurp002 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    bigbbubba;4939149 said:
    I'm looking for a good, hopefully relatively cheap set of drum sticks that have good bounce, any recomendations? also I've been thinking about selling some of my instruments because i have limited space, and they are never used. where would be the best place to sell them? One is the hoffner, and unless i'm mistaken that is somewhat rare right?

Try something like these - the nylon tip, I think, is the kind of thing you're looking for. They're supposed to be the best kind for electronic kits (such as the RB one) since e-drum heads don't provide the same bounce as real drums. I bought myself a pair similar to those (possibly the same ones, actually...can't find the purchase history) and they feel a lot better than standard wood.

I think the standard RB sticks are size 5A, like the ones I linked, but you can always try a different size.