Wii U Discussion!

MegashotMegashot Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Since there isn't one already, I might as well say it: here's a Wii U discussion thread! How are you liking the system so far? What games are you playing? More importantly, what's your Nintendo Network ID? I'm looking for some more friends to play with, currently I only have Nintendoland and Assassin's Creed III (which I'm renting).

So far I am loving the system. Once you get the updates, the system runs really smooth! Well most of the time.

My nintendo network id is Megashot

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited December 2012
    Megashot;4939239 said:
    Once you get the updates, the system runs really smooth!

Either you are one of the lucky ones you we have a different definition of smooth.
  • MegashotMegashot Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    An update came out yesterday and I noticed that the loading times weren't as bad as before the update. That and it doesn't freeze anymore on Nintendo Land.
    edited December 2012
    I havent seen it post the 600mb multi-hour update.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    600MB firmware update? On top of a day 1 1.5GB update? How much more rushed could this product be?
    edited December 2012
    raynebc;4939365 said:
    600MB firmware update? On top of a day 1 1.5GB update? How much more rushed could this product be?

You mean a day one 5gb update.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    www1221;4939366 said:
    You mean a day one 5gb update.

no. it was just over a gig. it took about 30 minutes to install on mine.

from what i've played so far i've enjoyed it. havn't played my because all i have in nintendo land. will be getting something else soon enough.
    edited December 2012
    and I can download 5gb on less than 30 minutes. Thought it was all but confirmed at 5gb. Of course Nintendo isnt going to confirm anything because I dont know if they know what GBs are they do everything in bits.
    edited December 2012
    www1221;4939380 said:
    and I can download 5gb on less than 30 minutes. Thought it was all but confirmed at 5gb. Of course Nintendo isnt going to confirm anything because I dont know if they know what GBs are they do everything in bits.

well, i can't download 5gbs in less than 30 minutes.
    edited December 2012
    regardless of size in this case 30 minutes for an update IS RIDICULOUS
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Saw some Nintendoland on Game Grumps. Seemed kinda dull, although the ultra precise sword controls in the Zelda game looked great. Watching the candy collecting Animal Crossing game just gets me more pumped for New Leaf.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    I don't own a Wii U (nor do I know anybody that does), but I played Tank! Tank! Tank! at NYCC, and that game is the best dumb action game ever. A game where you spend the time fighting giant robot spiders attacking a city is a good game in my book
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2012
    We got a Wii U on launch week after finding a black one on a store shelf. I didn't expect to find one so easily, so I bought it on a whim. Sadly, this particular unit had a severe problem and would freeze constant on the setup screens. It was lucky that the store got in another shipment of them the next day and we were able to get a replacement without any hassle.

It's a good console for party games with multiple people. Nintendoland is a terrific game for a drinking night with lots of variety in both competitive and co-operative games. New Super Mario Bros U is not a great co-operative game though; it's far too easy to kill the other players and play selfishly. In some ways, it reminds me of trying to play co-op in the original Battletoads, but not quite as bad as that. I haven't picked up any other games yet because I've played most of the big-name stuff already on other consoles (like Batman, AC3 and Mass Effect 3).

What I really like so far is the online infrastructure that Nintendo has finally put in place with this console, which I'm sure many people will agree has been an agonizingly long time coming. No more friend codes, actual messaging abilities, multiple accounts per console... this is stuff that their competition has been doing for years and it's about time that Nintendo has caught up with them. I'm eager to see how their online communities for individual games will develop, and I'm really hoping to see the Nintendo Network become an update for the 3DS so the portable can take advantage of this new online setup.
    edited December 2012
    good to hear you are enjoying the system! if you want you can add me as a friend. I only have Nintendo Land at the moment. It's fun but kind of shallow if you play by yourself.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited December 2012
    I'm loving the wii u bruther. I love the miiverse dude. What's your wii u name bruther. We can play some zombie u sometime bruther?
    edited December 2012
    Hogan2000;4941865 said:
    I'm loving the wii u bruther. I love the miiverse dude. What's your wii u name bruther. We can play some zombie u sometime bruther?

I don't have Zombi U at the moment, but my Nintendo ID name is Megashot. Same as here on the forums. I may want to try it out once the price goes down on the game.
    edited December 2012
    I have Zombie U, Tank Tank Tank and Rise of the Guardians right now bruther :)
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    I gotta say the Wii U is awesome... the only game I have right now is NintendoLand since I don't have enough money to get more games

hopefully I will get more games for Christmas

my Nintendo ID is firedoom666 if you want to add me
    edited December 2012
    hey bruthers. It's saying you have to enter my ID too so my ID is just plain charlie... dude.
    edited December 2012
    Hogan2000;4941875 said:
    hey bruthers. It's saying you have to enter my ID too so my ID is just plain charlie... dude.

I'm confused, your Nintendo Network ID is charlie? I couldn't find anyone named Hogan2000 on Miiverse.
    edited December 2012
    Megashot;4942320 said:
    I'm confused, your Nintendo Network ID is charlie? I couldn't find anyone named Hogan2000 on Miiverse.

i'm kinda disappointed myself. it's like he is not who he says he is.

i'm loving my wii u. i don't haven any online games tho, except for nano-assault which i haven't played much, but what i've played so far looks awesome.
    edited December 2012
    just beat zombie u bruther. WOOOOO the ending sucks though dude.
    edited December 2012
    Well this time I managed to grab New Super Mario Bros. U as a rental, I've been playing that like crazy the past few days. Nintendo Land is getting a little stale, although it is still fun to play every once in a while.

In Wii U related news: supposedly "The Amazing Spiderman" is coming to the Wii U in March! (Nintendolife.com) Also, recently on the eShop they released Batman Arkham City Armored Edition.

Hopefully games like CoD Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3 will come to the system digitally as well.

Just can't wait until Christmas! lol
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2012
    I finally found a place in town that rents Wii U games, so I'm going to try ZombiU whenever their one copy is in, heh. It's weird not having Blockbuster or Rogers Video around anymore... I want to rent games without dropping 60 bucks on something I don't know if I'll enjoy.
    edited December 2012
    Well my next game shipped out from Gamefly, and it's Batman Arkham City on the Wii U!

As for New Super Mario Bros. U, I really enjoyed it. Loved the stage design and the easy to play nature of the game. The Wii U Gamepad is actually more comfortable than the Wii Remote, and being able to play the entire game on the Gamepad is a definite plus. I highly recommend this game if you are getting a Wii U.
    edited December 2012
    i'm actually finding mario u pretty fun. i didn't get that into mario wii and even tho this is more of the same, i'm enjoying it more.

it sucks you can't use the gamepad in multiplayer (playing blocks is just cheap and whoever came up with that idea needs to be shot). might get the cheap pro controller u when it comes out in the states. it looks poorly made but if i can use it in mario u, it will be worth it.

the wii u game pad screen brought new sorrow to my ocd nature in that i can't stand any color on my tv that doesn't match the color on the game pad exactly.
    edited December 2012
    Merry Christmas everyone! I received several Wii U games as gifts, that being Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U! I'll be looking forward to playing online on Black Ops 2.