Rock Band Blitz 002: An Ultimate Setlist

tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
edited December 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I've been playing the hell out of Rock Band Blitz lately, and it inspired me to make a NEW Ultimate Setlist. Please, contain yourselves.

I've avoided including tracks from my previous setlists and tried to keep the artist choices realistic. I also tried to do the setlist with Blitz in mind, as opposed to a typical Rock Band game (lots of modern stuff, lots of pop). Anyway, let me know what you think. I didn't bother pointing out harmonies, since they're not used in Blitz anyway.

Total Tracks: 25
O = Keyboard track

1970’s:
-David Bowie – Starman (1972, Glam) O
-Joe Walsh and Barnstorm – Rocky Mountain Way (1973, Classic Rock) O
-Rolling Stones – Brown Sugar (1971, Classic Rock) O

1980’s:
-Bruce Springsteen – Dancing in the Dark (1984, Classic Rock) O
-The Cure – Why Can’t I Be You (1987, Alternative) O
-George Harrison – Got My Mind Set on You (1987, Rock) O
-Skid Row – Youth Gone Wild (1989, Metal)
-Talking Heads – Wild Wild Life (1986, New Wave) O

1990’s:
-Ben Folds Five – Kate (1997, Alternative) O
-Counting Crows – Angels of the Silences (1996, Rock) O
-Rancid – Maxwell Murder (1995, Punk)
-Stone Temple Pilots – Wicked Garden (1992, Alternative)

2000’s:
-Andrew W.K. – Ready to Die (2001, Rock) O
-Lostprophets – Last Train Home (2004, Rock) O
-Panic at the Disco – Camisado (2005, Emo)O
-Shadows Fall – Redemption (2007, Metal)
-Sum 41 – The Hell Song (2002, Punk)

2010’s:
-The Black Keys – Gold on the Ceiling (2011, Rock) O
-Bruno Mars – Locked Out of Heaven (2012, Pop Rock) O
-The Gaslight Anthem – 45 (2012, Rock)
-Katy Perry – Teenage Dream (2010, Pop/Dance/Electronic) O
-The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Like a Shotgun (2011, Reggae/Ska) O
-Reel Big Fish – I Dare You to Break My Heart (2012, Reggae/Ska) O
-The Shins – Simple Song (2012, Indie Rock) O
-Twin Shadow – Five Seconds (2012, Indie Rock) O

Songs with Keys: 19/25

Decade Breakdown:
1970s: 3
1980s: 5
1990s: 4
2000s: 5
2010s: 8

Genre Breakdown:
Alternative: 3
Classic Rock: 3
Emo: 1
Glam: 1
Indie Rock: 2
Metal: 2
New Wave: 1
Pop/Dance/Electronic: 1
Pop Rock: 1
Punk: 2
Reggae/Ska: 2
Rock: 6

As always, criticism is welcome! :D

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Man, 200+ views, only 6 votes, and no replies? The Ultimate Setlist game ain't what it used to be...
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Fine, here's a comment.

There's a few songs in there I like, but for the most part it's a little too pop oriented for my taste for a setlist this short, especially the 2010's. I'd still buy it for Shadows Fall, Lostprophets, Andrew W.K. and Talking Heads.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Would buy only for camisado, the rest would be a bonus.
    Seriously, how do we not already have Panic!'s entire discography? Well, the answer is obvious but even so, we need more by them, and only keeping blitz in mind Camisado was certainly the best choice, good job

Setlist as a while is overall what I'd like in a game: not necessarily songs I'd buy but certainly songs I'd play.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4941143 said:
    it's a little too pop oriented for my taste for a setlist this short, especially the 2010's.
    That's what makes it a Blitz setlist. RBB was full of modern, pop hits (most of which don't even play that well in RB3, in my opinion). So saying it's too pop or to modern is like complaining Lego Rock Band was too family friendly. That's sort of why I did it. Personally, I wouldn't want Bruno Mars or Katy Perry in a RB game, but in Blitz I'm sort of okay with it.
    GLaDOS;4941388 said:
    Would buy only for camisado, the rest would be a bonus.
    Seriously, how do we not already have Panic!'s entire discography? Well, the answer is obvious but even so, we need more by them, and only keeping blitz in mind Camisado was certainly the best choice, good job
    Honestly, I HATED PATD when that album came out (I was in high school, so I hated everything), but that album has held up surprisingly well overtime. I was going to go with one of the releases off the album, but mainly picked Camisado out of difficulty on keys and vocals. Plus there's that fun little drum solo in there.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    tdc002;4942379 said:
    That's what makes it a Blitz setlist. RBB was full of modern, pop hits (most of which don't even play that well in RB3, in my opinion). So saying it's too pop or to modern is like complaining Lego Rock Band was too family friendly. That's sort of why I did it. Personally, I wouldn't want Bruno Mars or Katy Perry in a RB game, but in Blitz I'm sort of okay with it.

I understand. I'm just saying "in my opinion" it's too pop heavy. I didn't like the Blitz setlist much, either, though I still ended up buying it for maybe five songs. I'd buy this setlist, too.

But then again, everyone I talk to thinks I'm a hipster, so maybe I'm just "that douchbag."