XMB theory

DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
edited December 2012 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
My friend came up with a good theory about the possible cause of XMBing so i figured i'd share because it does sound like something that could happen.
"xmb happens because songs aren't loaded correctly, possibly?"

This is all he could see, like it may rush the song loading process. He had a weird "Not wanting to load the songs on the Main Menu" today too.

Just a theory is all.

Comments

• DiamaniacalDiamaniacal Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Doesn't really even seem likely considering it happens pretty much everywhere.

I am starting to believe that it is a server side issue that causes it though possibly a buffer overflow, or the game chews up all system ram and causes some corruption, maybe a bad garbage collection routine freeing up memory. It could be an obscure parity error in system ram or CPU cache, but it would be very unlikely that it didn't affect other games. I have saw and troubleshot problems on a computer that had memory problems and everything seemed to work just fine, any traffic over the ethernet port would just drop the connection, it was as if the network driver, of the buffer space they allocated was in this bad memory area.

One thing we have noticed when me and Aikixen are playing and either one of us gets XMB'd the other restarts the game, and we are XMB free for about another hour, if the other does not restart him or me have XMB'd everytime within 1-2 minutes, usually not even able to get a song started. This makes the things I said causing it hard to say could be, but it is almost as if the one session 'poisons' the other. We've tried the not restarting theory about 10-12 times and it has been consistent, the other XMB is incoming and incoming quickly, we frequently both get XMB'd at the same time as well.
  • Cleaver1Cleaver1 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    I have noticed this also, if one person gets xmb'd, everyone else might as well re-start, or they will also get xmb'd in short order. I have also noticed that if you spend a long time idle (chatting or just hanging out while connected to other people), you are nearly gauranteed to xmb, just last night, while looking for vocals and bass, I said to guitarist "I am feeling nervous because I've been idle too long, xmb is going to get me", less than a minute later it happened, he re-invited me and promptly got xmb booted too.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I never leave the main menu screen before all my songs are loaded. I seem to have a below-average rate for XMB kicks, but I am by no means immune to them.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I always try to go into Quickplay as fast as I can so that I get the songs loading with the plain black background, which seems to make it load a little bit faster. I have only had a handful of XMBs ever (Definitely less than 10, probably around 5 or so). I have over 1700 songs. However, I don't have as much time to play as much as I used to, so I don't have scores for a large portion of my library.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Cleaver1;4940456 said:
    I have noticed this also, if one person gets xmb'd, everyone else might as well re-start, or they will also get xmb'd in short order. I have also noticed that if you spend a long time idle (chatting or just hanging out while connected to other people), you are nearly gauranteed to xmb, just last night, while looking for vocals and bass, I said to guitarist "I am feeling nervous because I've been idle too long, xmb is going to get me", less than a minute later it happened, he re-invited me and promptly got xmb booted too.

This is so true.. when You and I play together.. we start talking about E-drums and stuff..
    Then after a while..XMB mode kicks in...

I really don't care about it anymore as long as we can connect to RBC...
    Screw it.. it will never be fixed.
    But so far, almost a week connecting to RBC.. np...