Rifftrax's Worst. Movies. Ever. Poll

arniejoltarniejolt Weird-Huey Lewis
edited December 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
You can vote for ten movies once per day, you can see the entire list here:
http://www.rifftrax.com/survey/worst-movies-of-all-time

Think they're missing any? Hmn, doesn't have Mars Needs Moms or Hercules in New York listed...

Comments

• jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    ...Forest Gump? Revenge of the Sith?

What are those two doing on a worst movies ever poll?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2012
    jayou521;4940300 said:
    ...Forest Gump? Revenge of the Sith?

What are those two doing on a worst movies ever poll?

It's Rifftrax, so the poll itself is somewhat part of the joke. They make fun of everything.

And Forest Gump also royally sucks, that would be another reason.
  • McTenzingtonMcTenzington Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    No clue why Herzog's Bad Lieutenant is on there.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Lawdog1521;4940309 said:

And Forest Gump also royally sucks, that would be another reason.

I happen to like it. A lot. Unironically. It was the first Tom Hanks movie I saw other than Toy Story.

Also, voted for the animated Titanic musical, even though the other two animated movies are far worse. And they didn't have FoodFight.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Grown ups isn't on the list.... I'm confused why it was missed off. That film was... It was just awful.
    edited December 2012
    Munnchy;4940420 said:
    Grown ups isn't on the list.... I'm confused why it was missed off. That film was... It was just awful.

Jack and Jill is on there, so I'm happy with it in that aspect.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4940436 said:
    Jack and Jill is on there, so I'm happy with it in that aspect.

What happened to you adam sander? Even click wasn't that bad. At least it had a structure for christ sake!

Grown ups should be renamed to "What happens when you just film the cast outside of takes"
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    arniejolt;4940269 said:
    or Hercules in New York listed...

This is especially egregious, since it's even objectively one of the worst films produced. Sound effects were cut out or completely missed and you can hear New York traffic in the background when the scene is supposed to be in Mount Olympus, just to name a few things.

Through all that, it was fun watching Arnold's first film. Especially when his lines were voiced over by this uptight sounding English guy.

There's also a disturbing lack of "Reign of Fire".
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited December 2012
    Is it bad I've seen more than half of those... Oh my god my near death experience is making me regret my previous life decisions.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    The list is missing "Romeo and Juliet in a Modern Setting" and "Open Water."
    edited December 2012
    I liked Open Water. :p

It's way better than Forest Gump. Perhaps if Gump had been eaten by sharks, the movie would have been better.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Heh, I went to see Open Water with a friend in theaters when it was released. He liked it and I absolutely hated it.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    CJHobbes;4940664 said:
    There's also a disturbing lack of "Reign of Fire".

I have not watched it in a while but I did like Reign of Fire...

but I also like some other movies everyone I talk to think are horrible like A Knight's Tale and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
    edited December 2012
    Magnet;4940839 said:
    Heh, I went to see Open Water with a friend in theaters when it was released. He liked it and I absolutely hated it.

I liked it's bleakness. It's such a screwed up scenario to be in.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited December 2012
    Where are the Final Destination movies? Specially the last one, it was just awful.
    edited December 2012
    Lawdog1521;4940845 said:
    I liked it's bleakness. It's such a screwed up scenario to be in.

The idea would make for an interesting worst case scenario movie, but the presentation was so dull. I hardly remember anything about it besides the brief intro nudity and the credit sequence. When that's all a movie makes me remember, it was missing some key components.
    edited December 2012
    Bulzeeb;4940715 said:
    The list is missing "Romeo and Juliet in a Modern Setting"

Really, where the hell is this one? Leonardo DiCaprio can't save this film from it's incredibly hilarious badness. I can't help but crack up whenever I see that poser trying to be Mercutio toting a pistol and quoting Shakespeare.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    firedoom666;4940843 said:
    I have not watched it in a while but I did like Reign of Fire...

but I also like some other movies everyone I talk to think are horrible like A Knight's Tale and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
    I haven't watched it in a long while, but I remember not enjoying it when I did. I think I wanted to see the dragons win, and when humanity with minimal resources defeated the flying, fire breathing reptiles, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I remember it being very boring and devoid of any cool action sequences. Hmm, maybe I should watch it again...

It's kind of the way I disliked Transformers: too much humanity, not enough robots fighting.

A Knight's Tale took me a few sittings to warm up to, but I'm finally at a point where I can enjoy it for what it is. Plus, Chaucer's portrayal is pretty ludicrous and fun. Final Fantasy: TSW I enjoyed just from the animation aspect (I was still in art school when this came out). Loved the style and art, just didn't care for the story.
    LiveHomeVideo;4940899 said:
    Really, where the hell is this one? Leonardo DiCaprio can't save this film from it's incredibly hilarious badness. I can't help but crack up whenever I see that poser trying to be Mercutio toting a pistol and quoting Shakespeare.

Aww, that was the best part of the movie! Shakespeare with guns!!
    Lawdog1521;4940837 said:
    It's way better than Forest Gump. Perhaps if Gump had been eaten by sharks, the movie would have been better.

I'm curious, what is it you didn't like about Forrest Gump? I know people who dislike it, but never with such fervor.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Battlefield Earth. That is all.
    edited December 2012
    CJHobbes;4940908 said:

I'm curious, what is it you didn't like about Forrest Gump? I know people who dislike it, but never with such fervor.
    I'm the only person I know that hates it... other than a waiter at Bubba Gump's, who admitted to me he hated it too.

I didn't start off disliking it, I'd say I was neutral. But over the years as I've seen it again in part or in whole it's gotten worse. I don't like the story, I feel it's too simplistic. Gump goes through a series of events without ever evolving as a character. To me that conveys a theme of "If you blissfully except ignorance your life will be fine." Also, the dialogue is inane and filled with deliberate catchphrases

I also don't like Hanks performance. It's a novelty, more of a caricature of mentally disabled people than a genuine performance. I also don't like the directing. It was flat and uninspired, certainly not worthy of an Oscar.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    A Movie So Awful That I Love It For That Reason: The Room.....
    edited December 2012
    GameMaster439;4944692 said:
    A Movie So Awful That I Love It For That Reason: The Room.....
    *notices Forrest Gump on the list*
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited December 2012
    Lawdog1521;4941015 said:
    I'm the only person I know that hates it... other than a waiter at Bubba Gump's, who admitted to me he hated it too.

I didn't start off disliking it, I'd say I was neutral. But over the years as I've seen it again in part or in whole it's gotten worse. I don't like the story, I feel it's too simplistic. Gump goes through a series of events without ever evolving as a character. To me that conveys a theme of "If you blissfully except ignorance your life will be fine." Also, the dialogue is inane and filled with deliberate catchphrases

I also don't like Hanks performance. It's a novelty, more of a caricature of mentally disabled people than a genuine performance. I also don't like the directing. It was flat and uninspired, certainly not worthy of an Oscar.

I actually find it interesting, because the people he comes in contact with are the ones that grow due to his actions. It's not about him growing as a person, its about what he did for everyone else in his life.
    edited December 2012
    Bulzeeb;4945057 said:

I even read that in his voice too ._. Oh lord...
    edited December 2012
    GameMaster439;4945178 said:
    I even read that in his voice too ._. Oh lord...

It's impossible not to if you've heard it even once.
    edited December 2012
    Bulzeeb;4945399 said:
    It's impossible not to if you've heard it even once.

Hi doggy!
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    McTenzington;4940378 said:
    No clue why Herzog's Bad Lieutenant is on there.

It probably has something to do with Rifftrax being a rotten turd of a website.
    edited December 2012
    GameMaster439;4945451 said:
    Hi doggy!

You're my favorite customer.