Official Discussion: DLC Week of 12/18 - Elton John 3 Pack!

edited January 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4942284 said:
Hey gang,

Winner of six Grammy Awards and countless other accolades, singer-songwriter Elton John is the definition of a living music legend. On December 18th, three of the entertainer’s songs will be available on the Rock Band Music Store as singles or as part of the “Elton John Pack 01”!

One of John’s most rocking tracks, “The Bitch is Back,” from 1974’s Caribou, kicks off the pack. The sweeping ballad “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me,” the first single from Caribou, will also be available. Finally, the uptempo “I’m Still Standing” – which originally appeared as part of the soundtrack for Rock Band Blitz, available now on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network – will be available as a single for the first time.

These hits and more are also available as part of Elton John’s greatest hits compilation, Rocket Man – Number Ones!

Additionally, during the week of the release of “Elton John Pack 01,” Rock Band Blitz players will earn double Coins any time they play any of the three tracks from the pack!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (December 18th, 2012):

* “The Bitch is Back” – Elton John O

* “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – Elton John O

* “I’m Still Standing” – Elton John O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 19th, with the exception of "I'm Still Standing", which is scheduled to hit on January 9th, 2013. All 3 songs should be available as part of the pack on 12/19.))

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Elton John Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum[/url].

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.
hmxhenry;4942775 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network releases that hit the Xbox 360 on Thursday, 12/13/2012:

Metal

One Year Later – “Shapeshifter” (160 MSP)
One Year Later – “Shapeshifter (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Rusty Cooley – “The Duel”

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Nuke Wrath Tech – “Splitting Time” (80 MSP)

Prog

Dante – “Last” (160 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk

Kenny Wesley – “The Window” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 12/18/2012 (North America) and 12/19/2012 (Europe):

Between the Buried and Me - "All Bodies" ($1.99), Metal
Scratching the Itch - "Fight the Rain" ($1.99), New Wave
Weeping Buddhas - "Sweet Rain" ($1.99), Pop-Rock
Lee-Leet - "So High" ($1.99), Alternative
Magnefora - "Für Elise (Beethoven)" ($0.99), Classical

Stoked to see more music from The Rocket Man! (Hint One)

Hint two was a little more work. The Zombies intro featured some historical figures. The Highlander video points out that only one matters (JFK), the Kevin Bacon videos hints at the bacon game of degrees of separation.

JFK to Marilyn Monroe to Sir Eltons song Candle In The Wind.

I hope everyone enjoys this weeks DLC. Thanks for guessing!

Comments

• gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure what's more of a bummer: that "I'm Still Standing" is part of the pack, or that there's no "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding." Still, I'll be picking up the two new songs, and good for the Wii users/people who didn't already get Blitz.
  • RiffrockratRiffrockrat Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Big artist, but just not the songs I would have picked, obviously. If we had to have "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me", I would have much preferred the George Michael duet version. Still good songs, but, running low on space, so I am not sure if I am getting these.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Well.....I will buy the two non Blitz songs....but come on. There are other better Elton John songs! This needed to be bigger than a 3-Pack, especially with one already released in the last few months in Rock Band!

No Tiny Dancer?? Rocket Man? I Guess That's Why The Call It The Blues? Don't Go Breaking My Heart??

:(
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    I really wish we got Rocket Man :(
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Before people say these are bad choices...

We could be getting "That's Why They Call It The Blues"...

So consider us all lucky.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2012
    Don't get me wrong. I'm so ridiculously glad for more Elton. I just hoped we'd get a 12-pack when he finally got DLC. And only getting two new songs by him is a bit of a bummer. Oh well, there's always the future! Two is better than none!
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Wow. Hard to believe that I am actually disappointed in an Elton John pack. Giving us only 2 new songs from him is disappointing, and the clues were WAY out there. I love EJ, but not a big fan of either of those songs. I'll still pick them up, but...darn.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    If these wasn't chosen by the label...

Shocking choices. And I'm Still Standing, are you serious?

Yep:
    Lowlander2;4944452 said:
    You had it in the palm of your hands and you let it go anyway.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I'm Still Standing is a nice gesture for Wii users. But yeah, I have to agree that I hope this is only the beginning of Elton packs. There's a lot of good stuff just begging to be charted!
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Does Harmonix not know it's December yet
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry's sick ramblings have been pretty prescient.

Dire Straits next week?
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    I'll have to see how I feel about these by Tuesday, but for now I'm probably not gonna be getting anything. Definitely not the first things I would've thought of for an Elton John pack.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    At first I was all:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

and then I was all:

noooooooooo.......
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2012
    I'm actually just a bit stunned at how much Rocket Man was teased, dangled in front of our faces, and yet it missed the pre-flight check-in...or something to that effec.
    edited December 2012
    WonderWaageUK;4944485 said:
    And I'm Still Standing, are you serious?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2012
    Neat, I'll buy that pack.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    MourganDespana;4944482 said:
    Before people say these are bad choices...

We could be getting "That's Why They Call It The Blues"...

So consider us all lucky.

I would have preferred that by far.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    YAY! For Elton... but confuzzled as fuzz as to why I'm Still Standing and not one of many others...
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2012
    So are they planning to release the Blitz soundtrack? I hope we get a Collective Soul pack.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    So... this means Elton John: Rock Band, right?
    edited December 2012
    Lowlander2;4944491 said:
    I'm actually just a bit stunned at how much Rocket Man was teased, dangled in front of our faces, and yet it missed the pre-flight check-in...or something to that effec.

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time until you see that song on this platform. If ever.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited December 2012
    This could have been so good!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Interesting stuff. I figured when Aaron said the Blitz songs were coming as store DLC for all 3 consoles we'd get "Blitz Pack 01," "Blitz Pack 02," etc... Evidently not. And kind of funny how we were discussing Sir Elton not long ago.

This is definitely the first pack of the month that comes close to living up to December's reputation. Hopefully the folks here don't think too much less of it for its Blitziness.

Ah, nope, looks like we're doing our usual *****ing. Nice work, everybody =\
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Elton John makes me so happy. I will be getting "The ***** Is Back", and "Don't Let The Sun Go Down" Gonna have great fun with keys.

Now that we have EJ pack 1, I have to believe there will be a Pack 2 in the future at some point. :)
    edited December 2012
    Henry_Sardonicus;4944498 said:
    So... this means Elton John: Rock Band, right?

The world is ending next week. Let's not jump to conclusions.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    holy crap. this is an epic fail of a pack if i've ever seen one. i'm glad i'm not a big elton john fan, if i was i'd be pretty pissed.

why bother to include a blitz song in a pack? i can see the reasoning for releasing it as a single, but putting it into a pack makes no sense. most people who would buy the pack already have the song from blitz, and i can see there possibly being people who buy the pack without realizing it's got a double in it, consequently wasting $1.50 on a duplicate song. just release the 3 songs as singles, or better yet, include one of his other songs in the pack and offer i'm still standing as a separate single.

secondly, of all the elton john songs available, they picked "dont let the sun go down on me"? i can't imagine that will be a very fun song gameplay-wise, and there are so many elton songs that would be way more fun for the game. it seems like we've gotten a huge influx of ballads this year, and i don't hate ballads (i've probably bought most of them) but when an artist has as many songs as elton does, including much more fun songs like rocket man or bennie and the jets that would be better suited to the game, this kind of song choice is really puzzling. unless it was forced on HMX by the record company, i can't imagine a single reason that song would be chosen over so many other songs from his catalog.

oh, and finally to add insult to injury, no pro guitar upgrade. oh well, i'm on PS3, so i guess the 2-week-late black crowes song will be my pro song of the week.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2012
    I predict this will be the most heavily censored thread on the entire forums. And with that, let me say...

More Elton John? IT'S ABOUT ****IN' TIME!!

Sad that he didn't get a bigger pack, though, and I have to say it does seem a little shady to toss a Blitz track into the pack, especially so soon after Blitz's release. I'm not really complaining though, because whatever discount Blitz-players lose here is more than made up by the deal we got on that game's track pack. Even so, the timing could have been a teensy little better, in my humble opinion, especially for this particular artist who easily has about 35,612 other songs that are worthy of inclusion.

But, whatever. More Elton John. Yay! I'm buying everything... except of course what I've already bought.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Um, so definitely no pro upgrade?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited December 2012
    Only know 2 Elton John songs that weren't already in Rock Band. Neither of these ones are them.

26th week of nothing this year, the second time I've gone 4 weeks in a row with nothing, and a worse month than November both percentage-wise and "Which weeks did I buy something?".
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2012
    Kemiroch;4944490 said:
    At first I was all:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

and then I was all:

noooooooooo.......

Haha this sums my feelings up so well!

"The B is Back" is one of my favorite Elton songs, and it's gonna be fun in RB, so I'm very appreciative for that.