"She Talks to Angels" PS3 pro guitar

Cleaver1Cleaver1 Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Has anyone figured out a way to purchase the pro upgrade for "She Talks to Angels"? I bought the pack through the in-game store and now have no option to buy the pro upgrade. I am on the PS3 and have already tried deleting / re-downloading, is this a PS3 thing or is it affecting many others?

Comments

• intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Hey Cleaver1,
    I had the same problem when it first came out that night and posted in the thread
    Of course, no response from HMX..
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Alright, I've seen a few others ask about this, so I think it deserves it's own topic.

I purchased the Black Crowes pack last week, and then went to the "purchase pro upgrade" option. I was given a message somewhere along the lines of "content not available" or something similar. I exited the game, installed the pack, and then fired the game back up, hoping that would resolve the issue. Instead, the "purchase pro upgrade" option was no longer there at all. I even checked under the pro guitar section of the store, and still no option to purchase the upgrade. Others have reported the same issue. I don't know if the problem is only for those of us that purchased the pack, or the pro upgrade wasn't available to any of us, but we would like it resolved.

I'm curious if anyone just got the single, if you were able to purchase the pro upgrade. Feel free to chime in if this topic is of interest to you. Thanks to the nice folks at Harmonix for hearing us out on this issue.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I had the same experience you did. HMX's silence on the situation is confusing as they usually have a quick reply for this kind of problem.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    same problem. bought the pack, no option available to get the pro upgrade. hopefully someone at HMX sees this and can get the problem resolved.

grimripper, you might want to change the thread title to add "not available", that might be more likely to get henry's or another HMX person's attention. i'm not sure they even know about the issue yet, and probably won't if this thread isn't brought to their attention.
    edited December 2012
    also, there are 15 pro guitar scores posted for this song on PS3 leaderboards, 38 for xbox and i think about 8 for wii. so some people HAVE been able to get it. makes me think it's just the pack, and not the single, that is affected.
  • rootierootie Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Add me to the list of no pro upgrade for "She Talks to Angels". The only reason I downloaded was for pro.
    edited December 2012
    Still no reply from HMX...
    Hello? Is this thing on?
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2012
    Spotted this thread. Thanks for calling out the problem!

We're looking into it now.
    edited December 2012
  • Cleaver1Cleaver1 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232940

Well I guess they responded in this thread, at least I know it's not just me experiencing these shenanigans.... lol.
  • HMXJessaBrezHMXJessaBrez HMX Dev
    edited December 2012
    Hey everyone, can you all tell me both what region you're in and whether you bought the pack in the in-game store or the PSN store?
    edited December 2012
    Cleaver1;4943905 said:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232940

Well I guess they responded in this thread, at least I know it's not just me experiencing these shenanigans.... lol.
    Yep... LOL... You have to love HMX..:rolleyes:
    Those guys are such kidders.... :cool:
    edited December 2012
    NY PS3, bought the whole pack, not the single.
    in-game store :D
    edited December 2012
    USA
    bought the pack from the in-game store
    edited December 2012
    US, bought pack from in-game store.

Thanks again for looking into this.
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    I had submitted a ticket for it a few days ago. HMX said that was the proper way of going about things.
    I'll reply here too though.

PS3, US, I bought from the PSN Store.
    Once I see no option to upgrade, I gave it a day or two because sometimes its weird like that.
    Still nothing, I deleted the pack through the game. And redownloaded through the in game store to see if it did anything. Still nothing.
  • edited December 2012
    lvmathemagician;4943763 said:
    I had the same experience you did. HMX's silence on the situation is confusing as they usually have a quick reply for this kind of problem.
    intropee;4943865 said:
    Still no reply from HMX...
    Hello? Is this thing on?
    We will always reply to issues when we are aware of them. We aren't able to read all 2 million posts on the forums which is why we don't use this as the primary support venue. We try to make it clear in the headers of this forum that this is specifically for peer to peer support. If you have a legitimate issue PLEASE don't hesitate to hit up the Support tab on the left hand side, review the FAQs, and submit a ticket if you don't see your issue addressed. Posting on the forums and hoping / waiting for an HMX response (or positing in another out of the way place like visitor messages or PMs) will never be as effective as the support tab. We'll always keep close tabs on discussion, but given that there are 600,000 of you and ~6 of us, we'll never be able to cover every post made during the week (especially on weekends or on off hours when we're less likely to be patrolling). So please, for your own benefit, don't post in a peer specific support forum angry that an HMXer hasn't responded when you could be reporting it via the official channel instead.
  • Cleaver1Cleaver1 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    US, East coast, bought pack through in-game store (more specifically, through pro guitar upgrade screen).
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4944356 said:
    So please, for your own benefit, don't post in a peer specific support forum angry that an HMXer hasn't responded when you could be reporting it via the official channel instead.
    I wasn't angry... Henry...
    This post was merge with another...(From the ROCKBAND Section & Peer to Peer) you missed the humor in my reply.
    I agreed with [B]HMXLachesis[/B] , but those replies is gone.
    Anyways, I know you guys are working hard.
    Tickets are in.. so let's see what you guys are going to do... :D
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    HMXJessaBrez;4943909 said:
    Hey everyone, can you all tell me both what region you're in and whether you bought the pack in the in-game store or the PSN store?

May I ask this as a simple intellectual curiosity - why would that matter? I am simply curious to know the factual information behind the answer to that question, because I think it would be of interest to me.

Doesn't the in-game store simply link to the PSN store, or is my understanding of it incorrect? This too would be of interest to me (this is the reason why I am posing the question).

Sympathies to those whom this problem effects.
    edited December 2012
    Alright, so I just checked to see if the new songs were up (5 CT), and they aren't yet, BUT...this pro upgrade we've been asking about is fixed. I'm not sure when it happened, but I've downloaded it now, so if you haven't gotten it yet, got get it! I just thought I'd share that, since nobody has mentioned it in yet in this thread.
    edited December 2012
    I just bought it here in NY... :D
    TY HMX