X360: Playing my DLC on multiple consoles, help please!

reelbigmartinreelbigmartin Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Hello all, I've not posted before so sorry if this is explained elsewhere.

I'm getting a second xbox 360 and am going to want to have my rock band DLC on both. Ones in my room (no room for drums) and one in my lounge (plenty of room for drums).

Can I just redownload the DLC on the 2nd console or is their issues with that?

Is anyone else in a similar situation that could possibly help me?

Thank you!

Comments

• BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2012
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the downloaded tracks are tied to you gamertag and the Xbox you downloaded them on. You'll need to sign into your gamertag on the new Xbox and download them again.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    BohemianMatt;4945747 said:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the downloaded tracks are tied to you gamertag and the Xbox you downloaded them on. You'll need to sign into your gamertag on the new Xbox and download them again.

I don't own an xbox, but I think the only way is swapping the hard drive, and it's probably the easiest way.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2012
    you can definitely swap the hard drive, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to get the songs on both consoles. You just can't play the DLC on both consoles simultaneously since you have to be signed into your gamertag.
  • reelbigmartinreelbigmartin Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    BohemianMatt;4945757 said:
    you can definitely swap the hard drive, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to get the songs on both consoles. You just can't play the DLC on both consoles simultaneously since you have to be signed into your gamertag.

I didnt want to play with both, just one at a time. Guess I have to redownload, jst sucks because I've got about 600 dlc songs lol
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    So.. I have 2 XBOX's..

The one in my bedroom physically has my profile stored on it (HD)
    The one in the living room has my profile stored on USB (memory card)

Other than the occasional "You were last signed on another console", I don't run into any issues.

Re-downloading your songs shouldn't be an issue.

And I feel your pain, because the one in the living room is technically my roomate's and I have around as much DLC as you do.. IT TOOK FOREVER!! but it's worth it lol

=)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Wouldn't just swapping the HDD each time be less hassle and saving space on the other console's HDD?
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Alternity;4951424 said:
    Wouldn't just swapping the HDD each time be less hassle and saving space on the other console's HDD?
    Less hassle? lol.

I hate re-syncing the xbox controller everytime I switch between xboxs, much less hard drives!

=)
  • atari2600timatari2600tim Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    I think downloaded content is linked to your account and also to the first console you download it to, with two kinds of licenses. If you always use one console, then your content will work on it regardless of if you're logged in to your profile or not. You can log in as other users, or you can play offline and still have it unlocked because it's linked to the system. If you use the same content on your second (or more) console, then you'll have to log in to Xbox Live it in order to use it. My original Xbox 360 had the Red Ring of Death, and I had it replaced, and that above info was mentioned in some FAQ they have. As I understand it, you might actually be able to use the same content on both systems at the same time by simply logging in to each other's accounts, but not sure.

Actually, after typing all that, I just re-found it: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

My brother has his own console and account, and he just keeps his profile on a memory card and then if we play together then he just brings his memory card over to my system, which would be less of a hassle than switching hard drives around.