Pro bass upgrades for guitarless/drumless/no vocals RBN songs?

Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
edited December 2012 in The Rock Band Network
So some songs that RBN puts out have no guitar track whatsoever. No vocals, no drums. For example, the classical songs for piano, have pro keyboards, and a legacy bass part, and nothing else. Why can't there be a pro bass chart to go along with these tracks?

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Backbeat60-62;4946415 said:
    So some songs that RBN puts out have no guitar track whatsoever. No vocals, no drums. For example, the classical songs for piano, have pro keyboards, and a legacy bass part, and nothing else. Why can't there be a pro bass chart to go along with these tracks?

Same exact reason there can't be pro bass or guitar with any other track:

The RBN at it's current state is not ready for pro guitar/bass authoring. Last year the RBN was pumping dozens of tracks out per week. Now it's down to maybe half a dozen. A lot of authors left, and testers are cracking down on charts, causing a slowdown of content and a buildup of songs to release.

What's this gotta do with pro guitar and pro bass? Simply put, we're over our heads with stuff to release, and adding pro guitar and pro bass to that would be overkill.

And if this were a feature exclusively for these tracks, then there'd be no reason why any other track wouldn't have this feature, since they'd have to release the tools to make the charts to RBN authors, and honestly I can't see this happening if authors are able to choose songs to do pro guitar and bass on. And do you really want to play a piano part on a guitar?
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    No. It seems there are bass parts that could be charted to pro bass, to accompany the solo piano part. Do you know the ones I mean? The piano pieces with a simple bass accompaniment.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    Backbeat60-62;4946438 said:
    No. It seems there are bass parts that could be charted to pro bass, to accompany the solo piano part. Do you know the ones I mean? The piano pieces with a simple bass accompaniment.

The way the Rock Band Network is structured, there's no reason Pro Bass would be exclusive to select tracks. Even if Harmonix were to do what they did with that shaver promotion and offer versions of select Rock Band Network songs with pro charts, they'd have to license all that first. And in order for it to be fair, they'd have to offer this to more than just piano pieces.

The Rock Band Network is more than just pasting some notes together and slapping it on the store. I should know, having put some songs on the game. The process is a long and exhausting one, involving hours of technical work per song. And then there's the process of approval, which almost always calls for revisions on the charts. I cannot see where we'd be able to fit in charting bass charts for piano compositions.

And if these select songs were to have pro bass charted, why not other songs? The tools are supposed to be available for all RBN authors, not just the ones who do those kinds of songs. That would mean all the authors would have to start charting pro guitar and bass as well, resulting in a lot of slowdown due to most of us authors not having enough experience with pro guitar charting.

In other words, this would kill the RBN.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    And it'd be clunky, like the legacy Queen that have Pro upgrades (where keyboards were charted to guitar, the first time around). The songs you're talking about just have piano in them. There is no actual bass. It's just alt-charting.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Backbeat60-62;4946438 said:

For those specific songs that are keys/bass only, the bass is the left-hand keyboard part. Most of the time for keys/Pro Keys, only the right-hand part is authored, and the left-hand is ignored. These songs' authors had access to separated recordings of the left and right hand, and authored left-hand to bass to make it playable in some way. It wouldn't be realistic at all to have a Pro Bass chart for a part that was never played with a bass guitar.

I mean, it'd be nice and all, I'm not denying that. But to do that, RBN needs to actually be able to author Pro Guitar/Pro Bass, and LiveHomeVideo pretty much covered why that's not gonna happen anytime soon.