Problem redeeming Rock Band 2 Bonus Songs on Xbox 360.

Prisoner416Prisoner416 Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
I might be stupid or missing something, but I cannot figure out how to redeem the code I was mailed for the free DLC.

It's a 12 digit alphanumeric.

The email says

"In order to redeem your code, please follow the instructions for your console (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3). Please note that your download code will only work for the brand of console for which you purchased and registered Rock Band 2:

Xbox 360 users: go to Xbox Live Marketplace and select the Redeem Code option. Enter the code presented above to download your tracks.".

The only place I see to enter codes will only accept 25 digit codes, such as the track pack codes.

Any help?

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2012
    12 digit alpha-numaric is a PS3 code
  • Prisoner416Prisoner416 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    ...but the game I registered is a Xbox 360 title... How do I get the proper one?
  • edited December 2012
    Call EA - 866-543-5435
    edited December 2012
    ...now I get "The website encountered an error while retrieving http://register.rockband.com/process_pg1.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
    edited December 2012
    Well, so far EA support is lacking. Called the number and followed the prompts to be told I had to go online to file the question.

Went online and spent a good amount of time figuring out how to file an issue and not read their FAQ.

E-mailed them on the 20th. Still no reply.

Ironically, the WB Lego Rock Band support took less then a day when I had to deal with it about half a year ago. Granted I had to find and scan my original receipt, but at least I felt like the support was caring humans.
    edited December 2012
    Finally got a replacement code. Went to enter it into the bonus dlc page. First time I hit submit I got the webpage error.

Now it's claiming that "The redemption code you entered was invalid or has already been entered.".

Never got an e-mail.

The section that claims "If you're still having trouble after the above steps, please go back to the game registration page at http://register.rockband.com/ and re-enter your registration key and email address. As long as the link in the previous registration email hasn't been activated, your key will be re-accepted and a new confirmation email will be sent. You may also try this with a different email address if you have multiple email accounts." appears to be a lie, as it won't let me reenter the code.
  • jwhyrockjwhyrock Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    I have the exact same issue with Rock Band 2 for the PS3. I have my original copy of the game from a couple years back or whenever it was that I bought it and I never got the Bonus DLC as I forgot to read the back of the manual. When I attempt to use the form to enter the code it takes me to:

http://register.rockband.com/process_pg1.php

and nothing happens it just hangs. It errors out with Internet Explorer and just hangs with Firefox.

Is this because the company is out of business or something like that? Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get my other 20 songs since I bought the game. Don't think there is an expiration date on free content offered via original purchase.